Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 76

Author Topic: Ardentdikes - Absolute disaster - (31.25) (Succession)(Need Players!)  (Read 219824 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Ardentdikes - Magma solves everything - (31.25) (Succession)
« Reply #930 on: September 14, 2011, 04:31:53 pm »

Yet another quick update since I wasn't able to play much

From the journal of Deathsword, Over-Mechanist

One of our soldiers has just bled to death, or so the others tell me. He was covered in the beast’s extract. This can’t be good.

I am preparing myself to activate the magma purge if it comes to that. I’ll be moving to New Ardendikes, just to be sure.

A mechanic just died... and a miller has touched his corpse. Oh shit. Shit shit shit shit.

Half of our military is infected, I think. They still have to show symptoms.

A runner says Mayor Duck has banned the export of steel items. He sure loves steel doesn’t he?

That lever… it calls to me… I must order it pulled…

One of our gem setter has been possessed by a ghost, or so he claims. He threw a tantrum while at it.

I pulled the lever and… nothing. Oh well. Oh and the caravan has arrived.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: September 15, 2011, 12:03:04 am »

Hmmm it's too late to suggest this but maybe it's a good idea to seperate the fort proper from the outside world and have a small sub area for the military, use airlocks and dump holes to supply food, or maybe some off duty military doing farming/brewing?
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: September 15, 2011, 12:15:57 am »

Another magma purge, you say? Well if history serves me correctly... What about all the doors I madly put back in place? I still have payments on them!
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: September 15, 2011, 03:31:14 pm »

The military dorfs haven't died yet, aside from the initial 2. I guess that while their armor is infected they haven't touched the extract yet. So no changing equipment on them
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: September 16, 2011, 02:27:08 pm »

You could try putting up a little trench somewhere and fill it with 2 or 3 units of water, then have the soldiers with infected armor walk through it to wash it off.  Be sure to floor over it or obsidian cast it or something when you're done!
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: September 16, 2011, 07:44:53 pm »

Things are going slow. It's still early winter.

New entrance nearly complete. New Fun Lever installed. Small portion of fortress flooded (with water) by accident.

EDIT: Oh, and now another small part of the fortress was flooded by magma while I tried to re-connect the brook.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 08:05:44 pm by Deathsword »

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: September 17, 2011, 12:30:47 am »

If someone wearing infected armour takes it off to dump it does he get the goo on himself? Or will it just stay on the gauntlets?
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: September 17, 2011, 08:44:29 pm »

Yet another small update

From the journal of Deathsword, Over-Mechanist

For reasons unknown, I’ve placed a lever that will deploy a surprise to the next overseer.

There was an... accident while digging a cleaning pit. Our best masons are trying to contain the resulting flood.

Well, they weren’t able to reach the site in time, so I’ve locked them doors that lead to the area. Hopefully, no one will even notice.

Winter has arrived. About bloody time.

A dwarf has bled to death while on the surface. I have no idea why, since he had no traces of the infection on him.

The soldiers have been cleaned, however a dog and a cat walked into the now-infected cleaning trench. Fuck. The cat died soon after.

Oh look, it’s snowing. The brook should be reconnected now… or it would be, were it not frozen.

Daetrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: September 18, 2011, 04:28:13 pm »

Not having much luck lately are we?
Still it's good to see a succession fort still going after such a long time, can i sign up to the bottom of the list?
I haven't even read half of this game so far so it should be rather interesting :D
You're on the list.

Updates

Is the magma purge still actually working?
Good thing we didn't need it, though.
All you need to know about Ardentdikes
It is really, really easy to flood this place with magma fwiw.

Doors stop fire, right?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: September 18, 2011, 05:36:08 pm »

Updates

No, the windmill at the top was missing for some reason and I can't see a water reactor. The game won't let me build a windmill claiming that I have no logs, wich is untrue, of course.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: September 18, 2011, 06:52:07 pm »

Updates

No, the windmill at the top was missing for some reason and I can't see a water reactor. The game won't let me build a windmill claiming that I have no logs, wich is untrue, of course.
Let's just say that it's possible that theoretically it could potentially have been removed by one insane dwarf with a magma-fetish. Hypothetically speaking, of course.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: September 19, 2011, 12:23:19 am »

Maybe your logs or the windmill are inaccessable?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: September 19, 2011, 09:31:01 am »

Maybe your logs or the windmill are inaccessable?

Neither are. I've even tried to build a windmill a few tiles away from the newly-harvested logs, and it keeps giving me that message.

EDIT: just turned on fps counter, game running at about 13 fps, probably due to the ever-burning artifacts. I guess I should be proud my machine can even run it.

EDIT: BREAKING NEWS! One of the burning things on the magma moat has finally turned to ash.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 09:37:50 am by Deathsword »

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: September 19, 2011, 02:33:34 pm »

Is katana and his assistant still in their in my iron fort?
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: September 19, 2011, 07:15:36 pm »

Is katana and his assistant still in their in my iron fort?

They are still alive, but only the assistant is in the fort.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 76