Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 76

Author Topic: Ardentdikes - Absolute disaster - (31.25) (Succession)(Need Players!)  (Read 215639 times)

DuckThatQuacks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ardentdikes - Full of magma - (31.12) (Succession)
« Reply #270 on: October 25, 2010, 07:20:53 pm »

I think my dwarf must be cursed to remain alive in Ardentdikes, forced to watch while all his friends suffer and die.

Back in context: I decided to flood the fortress with water, to drown the giant goblin army, the river froze, so plan W failed too.

If it's safe, you might consider pulling a certain lever.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Glacial

• Bay Watcher
  • d~~
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 25, 2010, 07:25:41 pm »

TauQuebb sealed himself away from the rest of the world with a large portion of the fortress food supplies at the end of his turn, many years ago.

He's ending up looking like the smartest overseer ever. 

Maquox

• Bay Watcher
  • Pump Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 25, 2010, 08:20:08 pm »

Spring just came by with a new bunch oh Gobbos, and Trolls and more of everything basically, I think I have succeded in becoming part of this incredible fort, I repopulated Ardentdikes, scrambled things everywhere, managed to kill an ettin with drafted citizens, provoked a Tantrum Spiral like the world has never seen, allow Trolls and Goblins to murder every sane dwarf who was not already murdering the rest, and most importantly, even more important than making the population go from 70+ to 3 (at least FPS went up, see the bright side, right??)

Ardentdikes is now officially under magma (again)...

As a brave man once said:
"Welcome to Fu***ng Ardentdikes!!!"

PS: please don't thank me [I'm sorry  :( ]

Don't you just love magma-baked cookies?

DuckThatQuacks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 25, 2010, 08:22:52 pm »

Ardentdikes is now officially under magma (again)...

Did we get the goblins? Or are they at least trapped in the fortress, with no hope of escaping the cleansing magma?

Maquox

• Bay Watcher
  • Pump Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 25, 2010, 08:25:59 pm »

There are EXACTLY:
123 Goblins + Trolls, between a fourth and a third of them inside the Fortress (TauQuebb is there too but he'll probably be safe enough)
and a Forgotten Beast in case the next person wants to let it breathe.

There are a lot of trolls in the lowest levels of the fortress, destroying every single workshop. Bad news is that I couldn't seal Lesser Ardentdikes' exit, so if they are intelligent they can escape through there (Nothing to worry about basically)

SAVE:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3330
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 08:42:16 pm by Maquox »

DuckThatQuacks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 25, 2010, 09:11:37 pm »

We seem to be establishing a sort of reverse-Boatmurdered setup: instead of hiding in the fortress and flooding the outside with magma, we hide outside and flood the fortress with magma.

I think I'll take a peek at the save before I go to bed. I'd like to see what's on my dwarf's mind.

Maquox

• Bay Watcher
  • Pump Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 25, 2010, 09:16:48 pm »

We seem to be establishing a sort of reverse-Boatmurdered setup: instead of hiding in the fortress and flooding the outside with magma, we hide outside and flood the fortress with magma.

I think I'll take a peek at the save before I go to bed. I'd like to see what's on my dwarf's mind.

This made me laugh, it's actually pretty much that, we just miss the elephants.

Again, you might want to revert back, but I would encourage to continue.

Daetrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 25, 2010, 10:07:33 pm »

Back in context: I decided to flood the fortress with water, to drown the giant goblin army, the river froze, so plan W failed too.
I started laughing here, and I didn't stop for quite a while.

I PMed Graeldragon, who should have quite a bit of work cut out for him.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 10:11:11 pm by Daetrin »
All you need to know about Ardentdikes
It is really, really easy to flood this place with magma fwiw.

Doors stop fire, right?

DuckThatQuacks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 25, 2010, 10:15:33 pm »

From the Journal of Urist McDuck, Seer of Ardentdikes:

It is as bad now as it was during the darkest days of the Plague.

Things seemed to be going well -- we recovered Greater Ardentdikes, and many more dwarves came from the mountainhomes. Our numbers, devastated by the Plague, grew large once again. Our hearts were filled with hope.

Alas, when I foresaw the monster's coming, I knew it would not last.

When Tiquo Ranebeso Mirdingtequil, a great two-headed beast, appeared on the horizon, a legion of conscripts was sent forth against her. I counseled against it, but my term as overseer was over, and the losses I predicted were deemed acceptable.

The beast tore through our draftees, literally tossing them aside like dolls. She was eventually borne down by sheer weight of numbers, but our losses were grievous. The misery in the fortress quickly turned to anger. Taking up the cause of Justice, I tried to use my "gift" to determine who the future troublemakers would be, and stop them before they could do much harm.

By the laws of our land, I am no doubt a great criminal

but future-crime is uncharted legal territory.

Alas, the unrest was too much to be quelled by a single dwarf. I called for an evacuation of those dwarves still of sound mind, but none of them wanted to leave so soon after our return. I tried to warn them about the impending invasion, but they seemed convinced that if the goblins came, they wouldn't be able to get passed the trapped entrance.

I don't think they anticipated that the goblins would come in such great numbers that they would clog our traps with their dead, or that they would bring great trolls out of the hills to smash aside our doors.

In the end, only my beloved Deduk was willing to flee with me before it was too late.

As for the other dwarves of Ardentdikes...

As far as we know, we are the only dwarves left in Ardentdikes (though it may be that TaeQuebb still lives in his sanctum). Huddled in Lesser Ardentdikes, we try to keep from despair. We have jokingly named me the Mayor of Ardentdikes,

and granted me the countless riches that are my due.

Deduk, for her part, has taken the title of Chief Medical Dwarf, because she did her best to care for my injuries.

But the situation outside is grim. The goblins sent a great army against us, attacking from many directions.

Trolls occupy the fortress, destroying all that we worked so hard to build.

Their fate, at least, is sealed. But it is small consolation in the face of so much misery.

Edit: Improved wording

Maquox

• Bay Watcher
  • Pump Operator
    • View Profile
Re: Ardentdikes - reverse-Boatmurdered - (31.16) (Succession)
« Reply #279 on: October 25, 2010, 10:31:33 pm »

You really got almost every single detail I ommited from my report, including I locked you up with your lover (She seemed to be the only one you would not smite to death...)

You just missed two things:
1) My Beautiful, almost-finished tomb, where I was buried and later destroyed by trolls.
2) The sanctuary in honour of those burned to death and those who battled for Ardentdikes, The Axe-Shaped catacombs.

Also, as a side note, I did try to kill the Ettin without losses, the dwarves just wouldn't cooperate  :P

Nice story telling btw

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 26, 2010, 02:03:37 am »

So, the fortress of awesome goes down into the depths and falls even lower and my megaproject above stands unfinished...  :'( I hate you all.

DuckThatQuacks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 26, 2010, 05:22:11 am »

You just missed two things:
1) My Beautiful, almost-finished tomb, where I was buried and later destroyed by trolls.
2) The sanctuary in honour of those burned to death and those who battled for Ardentdikes, The Axe-Shaped catacombs.

I was confused about what those things were. It's too bad you weren't able to finish the one hanging over the volcano.

Also, as a side note, I did try to kill the Ettin without losses, the dwarves just wouldn't cooperate  :P

Oh, I know. I just like the sound of the phrase "acceptable losses."

Tsarwash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 26, 2010, 11:03:27 am »

I downloaded for fun and just left it going. It's going to take a long time for the magma to get to the trolls. In fact the flow might not be fast enough. Two hours of continuous running (12 - 17 FPS) and it's reached the end of spring. The Magma is getting close to the area where the trolls are rampaging. But I'm certain that the situation is salvagable.
On the left a cannon which shoots dwarf children into the sun, on the right, a massive pit full of magma charred dwarfs and elves.

Maquox

• Bay Watcher
  • Pump Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 26, 2010, 02:04:03 pm »

I downloaded for fun and just left it going. It's going to take a long time for the magma to get to the trolls. In fact the flow might not be fast enough. Two hours of continuous running (12 - 17 FPS) and it's reached the end of spring. The Magma is getting close to the area where the trolls are rampaging. But I'm certain that the situation is salvagable.

Any ideas on how long the supplies will last??

Tsarwash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 26, 2010, 02:07:12 pm »

Loads of time. I've actually let it run for seven months now, with minimal interaction. I can tell you that the magma is not going to fill Ardentdikes this time.
On the left a cannon which shoots dwarf children into the sun, on the right, a massive pit full of magma charred dwarfs and elves.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 76