Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 76

Author Topic: Ardentdikes - Absolute disaster - (31.25) (Succession)(Need Players!)  (Read 220262 times)

melkorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ardentdikes - Absolute disaster - (31.25) (Succession)(Need Players!)
« Reply #1050 on: January 16, 2012, 09:07:22 am »

SPRING 1077

Hey, migrant!  Long time no see!  Yeah, back up on my feet, not too pretty, are they?  I don't know why I just don't put on shoes.  Especially with all the new pools of beast extract since I left Lorbam in charge and he did that controlled flood to put out the eternal fire in that workshop he unsealed and when everyone went to grab an artifact their feet got wet and it was foot rot time all over again.  Yeah, I don't know why we all just don't put on shoes, it would be pretty simple.  Guess everyone here's got a death wish or something.  The whole endemic thing seems to be winding down, though: hospital's totally ichor-free and only two patients.

Lielac just caught a 73 day jail sentence for not fulfilling one of Urist McDuck's Dadaist mandates.  What a clusterfuck: our mayor is the leading dwarf-killer and most-wanted enemy of the state, walled alive inside his splendid rooms with enough food & booze for the rest of his life, churning out surreal demands and mandates and gnawing on fuckin' dwarf skulls for all we know.  What's that, migrant?  Yeah, I wish I could just declare myself mayor, rejoin the cycle of diplomacy, and get us all out from thrall to this maniac, but ... uh ...

THE NEXT DAY

Nice save, migrant!  I declared myself mayor and, next thing you know, diplomats are all over me, one thing leads to another and we're declared a dukeless duchy.  Pretty sweet!  One 5000 dwarfbuck bribe to this Autumn's caravan, we could become the Mountainhome, isn't that nuts?  The Queen could come, righting wrongs, enforcing the law, restoring Ardentdikes to her former glory, or better. 

Or, you know: we can all drink the poisoned Gutter Kruortm like some human death cult.  I'm down for whatever! 

Hey, look: Elves at the Depot (yeah, we have a Depot!  It was right in the middle of the keep all the time, under all the, you know, water and skulls).  I guess we could go trade with them.  Or we could give our new military something to butcher and, like, start a war.  I could go either way: whaddya say, migrant?  Your call.   

SAVE:http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5369

Wow, that took forever, sorry.  Gameplay was super slow until the new year, then picked up to bearable.  Thanks for waiting!  Ardentdikes makes its triumphant return to page one!  Don't call it a necro! 
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 12:37:38 pm by melkorp »
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...It should be pretty fun though.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: January 17, 2012, 02:53:21 am »

And so the great fortress of Ardentdikes limped on.....

Great to see it still alive. It's the fort that convinced me to start playing, after about the second or third cleansing by lava.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: January 21, 2012, 09:23:36 am »

Awesome! So who wants to play next?
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: January 25, 2012, 01:10:22 am »

... ext ...ext ...ext
He stole an onion. Off with his head.
I wonder, what would they do if someone killed their king.
Inevitable, who cares. Now an onion...

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: January 25, 2012, 07:47:02 pm »

Dude this place is alive? wut.

Nunzillor

« Reply #1055 on: January 27, 2012, 02:18:27 am »

Hmm...  I'm not sure if it's alive or dead at this point, but I'm leaning towards the latter.  :(

Is Nunzilla alive?

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: January 27, 2012, 02:39:26 am »

I'd say "dead" as well....everyone's over at Swordthunders or Deathgate. Which is a shame....ardentdikes has real charm, and multiple ways of intentionally flooding it with magma. And the population's getting up to pretty good levels by the sound of it, which is a recipe for Fun.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: January 27, 2012, 07:20:42 am »

so this fort resulted in infamous FPS death
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Babylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: January 31, 2012, 07:44:29 pm »

I'd like to take a turn if nobody objects.

Babylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: January 31, 2012, 11:49:29 pm »

Journal of Babylon Stakesquids

6th Hematite, 1077

AdentDikes has not been a good home to my family.  My wife and both my daughters have died here and it is just myself and my son that still survive.  To add to it the overseer keeps calling me "Migrant"  I've ben working as an engraver here, I'm not as good as NotPete, but I do a decent job.  Anyways, just as summer came in the Overseer, Melkorp, came and told me that elves were waiting at the depot and that it was my decision whether to trade with them or drown them.  I looked at him with a confused look and he took the overseer's badge off and pinned it to my chest.  I immediately hurried to the trade depot, where the elves were waiting, It's summertime and they usually get here in ther spring so they might already be on their way out.  Even so I ordered some more goods brought to the depot and told the broker, Lorbam, who depsite being a amster miner is labelled as the apprentice miner, to stop making glass and come and trade, no idea if he'll get here quickly enough.  The courtyard also appears to be full of goblin and troll corpses which are forbidden.  I'll have to get those cleaned up after the trading is done.

8th Hematite 1077

It appears that the elves have already done some trading, that they are happy about.  I picked up a few more barrels and bags along with some overland crops in exchange for some forgotten beast meat and other junk.

10th Hematite.  1077

I just noticed that Goden Bekarbomrek, our high master tanner is in a strange mood and demanding cloth.  I suspect he desires yarn, that elusive cloth that has doomed so many moody individuals, lets see if I can trade for some.  Lorbam informs me that if the elves had any cloth he already purchased it all, he's not quite sure as making glass inv0olves some fumes that made him forget what he had already done.  I also found a kennel deep within Ardenttdikes and designated the area around it as an animal stockpile, hopefully that tame bluejay will be borught there and i can reuinite that screaming lady with it.  We'll see. I also discovered a goblin that was scheduled to be let out of his cage.  I don't know why so I cancelled that order, he's in the caverns anyway.

18th Hematite

Great news, a giant blob of flame is now rampaging about in the caverns.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

22nd Hematite.

I realized we have no cook.  Nobody in the fortress knows how to cook, so I instructed Sakzul Mosusrodim, who has no useful skills to speak of, to learn.

23rd Hematite.

I noticed that our Doctoid doesn't spend much time in the hospital.  I am having a room dug out for him right next to it so he can sleep and eat near his patients.  I also noticed there is no soap in the hospital and have had the manager order some ash prepared and turned into lye so this can be rectified.

7 Malachite

Muthkat Ukersazir, our brewer had a little girl.  She's named her Bim Abodurvad

16th Malachite

Inush Moruladkish has grown from a baby to a child.  Hopefully she, unlike my poor daughters, makes it to adulthood.  I have butchered a donkey to provide tallow for soap and also instructed Sakzul to render fat.  I also realized Goden, the moody Tanner, is now melancholy.

18th Malachite

Soap making appears to be a lost art.  Perhaps I dreamed of it.

Babylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: February 01, 2012, 01:12:59 am »

1st Galena

I am SICK of hearing about that missing pet.  I am going to give that woman a new pet.  A nice bronze collossus

3rd Galena

Lielac, our armorsmith, is in prison with injuries.  I ordered her chain deconstructed and her release, whether she will be allowed to stay released i do not know.

Some migrants arrived today.  I didn't pay too much attention though.

4th Galena

Doren Orenzalod, a trapper, is chaining Lielac back up,  I'll try to at least have a bed built for her.

5th Galena

I could not find the bronze collossus I had intended to gift the poor lady upset about her pet with, so she will have to make do with an Ettin

15 Galena

Goden died from thirst.  Rest in peace Goden.

18 Galena

Nunzilla is taken by a mood.  Hopefully he doesn't want yarn.

19 Galena

Here comes the human caravan. I'll see if they have any yarn, jsut in case.  Nunzilla grabbed a mason shop.  We'll see what he makes.

1st Limestone

It's fall, and Nunzilla has started his construction.

The humans had no cloth at all, they also couldn't carry that huge quantity of rhesus Macaque meat.

Babylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: February 01, 2012, 01:19:02 am »

5th Limestone

Nunzilla has produced a quern, with a picture of a human taming some eagles on it.

He named it the calamitous swamps.  I don't get the reference and it worries me.

10th Limestone

The Ettin was inneffective, too close to the door and she escaped, we'll try a bronze collossus on the top level now.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 01:54:33 am by Babylon »

Indricotherium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: February 01, 2012, 02:56:09 pm »

Hurray for updates!
That is a wasteful idea that recklessly endangers life. I applaud your genius!
There are as many ways to play the game as there are socks on a battlefield.

Babylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: February 01, 2012, 04:18:17 pm »

I'm gonna be out of town over the weekend so I am gonna play tonight then upload the save and if nobody picks it up over the weekend I'll finish the year after.

Didn't have time to play, here's the save.  If nobody else takes it by the time I get back on Monday then I'll play the rest of the year.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5433
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 01:02:56 am by Babylon »

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: February 02, 2012, 03:33:34 pm »

Could the next player post a full map of this thing? I'd like to see where it's gotten.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 76