Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: learning pets...  (Read 571 times)

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
learning pets...
« on: June 28, 2010, 10:28:43 am »

so ive modded a few of the exotic tags of some animals, name elk birds and troglodytes

while modding the troglodytes i notice they have the [LEARNER] tag..

when i looked at my stray troglodytes, some of them had skills, such as observer flatterer, ect, the social skills,

i also noticed some of them had comabt skills, fighter dodger, ect.

these pets of mine wont turn on me will they? if thats the case im gonna butcher them all while i have the chance
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: learning pets...
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 10:34:52 am »

You can't butcher them.  Unless you've modded your civ ethics, intelligent pets can't be butchered.

They won't turn on you, but they'll never do anything particularly useful either.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

VDOgamez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 10:54:08 am »

Hmm. If you have a pet that is both learner and trainable, could you have highly skilled war animals?

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 10:55:18 am »

yeah i was going to put trainable in there too..
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

deoxy

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert witty comment here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 03:00:45 pm »

You can't butcher them.  Unless you've modded your civ ethics, intelligent pets can't be butchered.

They won't turn on you, but they'll never do anything particularly useful either.

I haven't tried in the 2010, but in 40d, you COULD butcher intelligent pets (no modding required), but their remains were not edible - in fact, they would get put in a graveyard, if you had one around (the meat, the chunks, everything).

To buthcer them, you just had to use v, then p, and there was an option to butcher them (they just didn't show up in the animals menu).