Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Australia has a new government.  (Read 6945 times)

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
Re: Australia has a new government.
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2010, 04:58:51 pm »

I'm not so sure on Gillard, sure she's a woman, but she was put there by labor power brokers.

Still better than Abbot.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2010, 05:30:33 pm »

I love Aussie politics. When ever I'm feeling ashamed at the right or the left about how unreasonable or fringe they can be...I listen to what Australian politicians are saying and doing, and feel slightly better.

Grats on your first Lady PM. Personally glad to hear Australia is shifting a little bit back to left...you guys are starting to get really out there on the right.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2010, 08:19:42 pm »

I fail to understand why people never cease to try and sum up an entire government with a few words like left or right etc. Just go on what policy that they introduce. So far its looking good, no more stupid out of control population growth! Hopefully...
Magma is overrated.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2010, 08:28:22 am »

Bumppitty bump bump.

Anyone watching the election? Damn it's close.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2010, 08:31:30 am »

Tony Abbot is an enormous twat who does nothing but whinge. Julia's not much better, but she is better.

Really, what I'd like is a PM who cares deeply about the country and its people.

Wow that was naive of me. I must be tired.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2010, 08:34:07 am »

I'm thoroughly exasperated by the whole ordeal.

If I were of voting age, I'd lump the fine, instead of showing any of the bastards support enough even to donkey vote, let alone fill it in properly.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2010, 08:44:01 am »

If I were of voting age, I'd lump the fine, instead of showing any of the bastards support enough even to donkey vote, let alone fill it in properly.

Then put your vote towards the independents or a minority party. If you just waste your vote, you give up any right to complain about the government (which I have a sinking feeling I'm going to be doing a lot of soon :(), and at times like these, minor parties hold the power. Putting it in the hands of the right one can hugely change Australia's future.

For example, I voted Greens and Sex Party, because, like you, I despise both of the major parties right now (Coalition cos' Abbot's a twat and the few policies I've actually heard are garbage, ALP because they couldn't let Rudd last merely 2 more months), but I happened to share the sentiments of the minor parties, and knew that there was a good chance those parties could mean something.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2010, 10:41:15 am »

Well, fuck, there goes the National Broadband Network.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2010, 11:23:37 am »

I don't have voting rights, but meh, they seem to be doing a decent enough job.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2010, 06:27:21 pm »

What makes you think its gone? The three Independents are all for state owned broadband, supposedly hate the nationals leader, and want stable government. nothing saying that they won't side up with the ALP.
Magma is overrated.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2010, 07:19:24 pm »

Yeah, voting for the greens is basically a vote for the labor party anyway.

But- In my honest opinoin- I'm sick of the high-hitters in our government. I honestly think the whole system needs an overhaul.

I don't suppose anybody thought about the fact that Kevin was extremely low on popularity with the people when Julia ousted him?
And- Under our laws, both Kevvie AND Julia are going to get the Prime Minsterial Pension (or whatever they call it), for the rest of their lives?

I mean, it was obviously a move planned by the Labor party- And I think that is all just not fair dinkum.
And if she actually did backstab him, then that's bloody well not fair dinkum either.

And Australia IS ALL ABOUT Fair Dinkum.
Or Fair Go.
Or True Blue.

But mostly fair dinkum.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2010, 07:26:12 pm »

Last night #bay12gurps basically became #bay12australianelection, and it made the experience much more bearable.

It'll be an interesting few days.
Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2010, 08:13:42 pm »

If Australia is going for a hung parliment, let me tell you its FUCKING BORING.

In the UK, we got a hung parliment. SHIT ALL GETS DONE. Its boring, people sit around... doing nothing at all, laws don't get passed, and only minor changes happen...

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2010, 08:19:05 pm »

Wouldn't've said so.  The Lib Dems and the Conservatives are more similar than they care to admit.  Although it'll be interesting to see how many backbench libdems support the proposed round of cuts.

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2010, 08:24:08 pm »

If nothing gets done it means that the LNP won't cancel the NBN. Which is good.
Magma is overrated.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8