Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Funniest/Strangest Engravings ever  (Read 2424 times)

leftycook

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Funniest/Strangest Engravings ever
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2010, 06:50:57 am »

This relates to the tearing out of the dwarf urist mc.explorer's right eye by a sasquatch in haunted tomes in 223.

ON EVERY GODDAMN WALL.
It must have been one damn important eye.

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2010, 07:12:43 am »

This relates to the tearing out of the dwarf urist mc.explorer's right eye by a sasquatch in haunted tomes in 223.

ON EVERY GODDAMN WALL.
that eye was the only one to ever see a sasquatch, it needed to be torn out
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

Jztiberius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2010, 10:55:29 am »

My current favorite and my engravers too is one of a Human who tamed wild giant eagles for 50 years or something. The events are always different times but the same thing, the guy was an amazing trainer I guess...I am curious why we know about it...

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2010, 05:02:41 pm »

I have mean dwarves. While I try to kill as many goblins with military as possible in order to create legends worth engraving, they get vastly outnumbered. The favorite topic? An unfortunate ex-military commander confused, plaintive and crying while surrounded by dwarves refusing him. Even a golden statue of him admiring maces is decorated with a silver image of his moment of shame.

ThiefofTime

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2010, 11:03:53 pm »

ON EVERY GODDAMN WALL.
that eye was the only one to ever see a sasquatch, it needed to be torn out
apart from the eyes of the dwarf historian who recorded the event. Or maybe it was that same Urist McExplorer who recorded it into history?

ghosteh

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Charles Bronson
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2010, 06:37:51 am »

My current favorite and my engravers too is one of a Human who tamed wild giant eagles for 50 years or something. The events are always different times but the same thing, the guy was an amazing trainer I guess...I am curious why we know about it...

Urist McGaryoak
I've killed enough humans to know their patterns.

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2010, 07:12:35 am »

i have a habbit of burning all my excess tame animals, or throwing them off cliffs, or drowning them.

all my big 40d forts had so many images of dogs crying and burning, or falling. i got a lot of falling ones when my animal and prisoner disposal pit/tower combo had them plummeting through a giant shaft in the middle of the dining room. if you are going to do that i reccomend glass windows, because bits of them bounce up and onto the tables when people are eating and cause unhappy thoughts and vomiting. although i was never sure if that wasnt caused by sunlight.

also, once my chief butcher was an engraver. cue tonnes of engravings of animals screaming as he slaughtered them. animals like kittens and horses get all the sentient tags of begging, crying, or hunching in the foetal position with him standing over them, it was quite disturbing.

havent gotten anything at all good in the new 2010 version, although its not for lack of trying. i seem to only get a lot of really old legands showing up. all gruesome, but its not my dwarves. i also tried ravaging an area as an adventurer and then embarking there, hoping for statues of his mighty deeds, but no dice. have gotten the murder sprees of a forgotten beast who lived in my area a thousand years previously, though.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2010, 07:37:51 am »

I had my engraver engrave.
He engraved:
3 pictures of the local government(AKA me)
A high boot
A large roach
Blazing suns
A dwarf
Some random dwarf who is holding up a buckler(I don't even own one!)
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.
Pages: 1 [2]