Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Awesome map created  (Read 1030 times)

Mickey Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Awesome map created
« on: June 28, 2010, 12:52:59 am »

So just to brag about good fortune, I got a map with a volcano that has a brook at its base, the volcano is quite tall and the brook is at the bottom of a very deep canyon (fifteen or so Z-levels of canyon), there is a fairly large flat area at the top of the volcano right next to the mouth of it (and the magma is one z-level below the mouth, don't' know if that'll help stop monsters).

Not sure how you get a picture of the entire area or what have you, but what can I say, I'm happy about it, should make for some fun fort-making.

-MB

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Awesome map created
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 01:29:30 am »

So just to brag about good fortune, I got a map with a volcano that has a brook at its base, the volcano is quite tall and the brook is at the bottom of a very deep canyon (fifteen or so Z-levels of canyon), there is a fairly large flat area at the top of the volcano right next to the mouth of it (and the magma is one z-level below the mouth, don't' know if that'll help stop monsters).

Not sure how you get a picture of the entire area or what have you, but what can I say, I'm happy about it, should make for some fun fort-making.

-MB
Well, are you going to share?

TicklemeFeather

• Bay Watcher
  • Sleep is for the weak.
    • View Profile
    • TicklemeFTR's Simple G19 keyboard GUI
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 02:09:23 am »

It would be nice to know what stones are present?
DF as a game is the equivalent of sitting down and having a conversation with the homeless guy in the park who screams about flying children trying to rip his skin off.

AtomicPaperclip

• Bay Watcher
  • Who names their kid dagger anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 02:10:48 am »

ESC>Export local image
Dear Toady: Keep up the good work man, we appreciate you and the game beyond words.

Mickey Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 11:42:18 am »

-MB
Well, are you going to share?

Forgive my stupidity but how? Is there a place to upload them to?

And I tried export image.. Is there anywhere that gives more instructions on how exactly that works? Trying not to be thick, but never done it before.

-MB

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 12:25:03 pm »

If you just want to upload pictures, Tinypic and Photobucket are good for that. Tinypic's better for images you're probably not going to post more than once, Photobucket's better for long-term storage. There's also Imageshack, I guess.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 01:37:40 pm »

If you just want to upload pictures, Tinypic and Photobucket are good for that. Tinypic's better for images you're probably not going to post more than once, Photobucket's better for long-term storage. There's also Imageshack, I guess.
imgur