Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Storyfort anyone?  (Read 1528 times)

Tuxman

• Bay Watcher
  • Forever GM
    • View Profile
Storyfort anyone?
« on: June 27, 2010, 11:10:53 pm »

A New Storyfort!

Welcome to Enshaloltar!

I'm a noob to storytelling forts, but im giving it a try.

There are 6 claimable dwarfs. Migrants may or may not arrive. I did not check their genders.

State Name and personality and backstory.

There is a doctor, 3 miners, a planter, and a mason. the mason I have a grudge against. On with the show!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The guys:

Meowth! That's right!

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Storyfort anyone?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 02:05:57 am »

Nish "Doc" Nomallisat, Dwarven Doctor.
Humble and kind, but a little misguided with his/her practice.
Nish grew up with a nice family, a nice house, a nice life. Nish's family wanted their children (Nish is one of eight) to grow up and be successful. Nish wanted to fulfill their dreams, and became a doctor, but accidentaly spent all of the school money on Sunshine and Dwarven Syrup Biscuits, so Nish's skills are... amateur to say the least. However, with years of practice, the King saw fit for Nish to be a doctor of an outpost. It's a wonder.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 02:14:32 am by NewsMuffin »

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 02:49:21 am »

Ohhh, I soooooooooooooooooo got the mason.

Obok Meatgod
World renowned for killing legions of titans and megabeasts. With his silver hammer. Eventually, he grew so skilled with the hammer he eventually decided to use his adamentium hammer for style.

tl;dr http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=27591.msg941291;topicseen#msg941291
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 04:57:39 am »

Claiming the planter, who wouldn't want a urist?

Name: Urist Akrulodshith.

Urists family received their last name by some crazed auntie who killed off the rest of the dwarves and started a hermit lifestyle, she retired after five years of collecting gems, returning to society.
The auntie then frequently visited the pub and told all these wonderful tales of the beasts that were mega, and the riches that still lay down in that cave she abandoned.
These tales lead to many adventurers and reclaiming parties, as far as anyone has found, the part about the treasure was a lie, but the tale of the beasts that were mega was oh so true, 1/1000 are expected to return from that fated cave, and thus she earned the last name "akrulodshith", or as it was given to her before it became corrupted over the years, "arn't you a load of shit".

Urist grew up in a poor dwarf  settlement that was frequently raided by gnomes, gnomes, gnomes, dark gnomes, and occasionally a few goblins.
Thus the beer stockpile was always empty and caused everyone to become almost mad, and the constant hang over from drinking water.
Urist distrusts every dwarf, except those who earn urist's trust, or miners, urist is loyal to miners as the miners frequently fended off those damned gnomes with just their picks.
Urist is very vengfull and will not stop to frame, murder, rob, or steal those who urist does not like/ those who have wrong urist.
Urist grew up with very little friends, and those few who were urists sentient friends died in the raids, so urist started planting at a very young age, becoming a master planter, though urist isn't very sociable as a consequence, though urist is great at telling lies as consequence from urists heritage.

The raids became too much for urist and urist decided to leave, and joined up with a group passing through that were going to start a new outpost...

# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Tuxman

• Bay Watcher
  • Forever GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 09:41:06 pm »

Well, before I start I want to tell you all that you can make journal entries for your dorf based upon what happened in your day (whatever I explain), and snide opinions about things.

Lets begin

So basically everything is going fine accept 8 more mouths to feed, AND my wood is running out fast. Trying to move everything inside so I can seal the gate.

If anyone wants to suggest anything, shoot!

Basically I'm making this fortress built kind of just how is convenient. There's a lot of space underground, so I'm just gonna expand without any general plan.

Food stocks are ok, but I'm expanding the farming area for more plump helmets.
Meowth! That's right!

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 01:52:15 am »

5x7, with a bed in the upper right corner, cabinet or chest to the left of it. Table and chair(s) in the bottom left corner. The door is in the middle of the bottom wall. Statues. Engravings. Other stuff. If you can, try to make stuff out of the rocks and gems Nish likes. Also, Make a Native Copper Short Sword. Two birds with one stone.

Spoiler: Nish's Narrative (click to show/hide)

Hmm. It would help if you included the genders of the migrants, but if you're intentionally doing it this way, that's perfectly fine.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 02:23:43 am »

DANGIT! Why am I a.... girl? Obok is very obviously a guy. I demand a do-over. Also, w..t..f?
Apparantly she hasn't finished his med school degree, but has gone to all the classes.
Do I even need to troll this? I'll get up a floor plan in the morning. OK, got it. I intend my character to become the hidden bookkeeper and manager and the like. Obok will keep the fort alive in the event of a tantrum spiral. Keep upper left floodgate open while he is masoning, then close it. Bottom left is open, except when Obok is eating. Open right floodgate to let Obok get to food stockpile. Only open it when the bottom left and upper left are closed. Obok will also control the lever room. Set the food stockpile to only non rotting goods and booze. Alternately, although not advisable, you could build a well. But water causes a bad thought, which gives the chance of tantrum and lever pulling berserk. In the event of a strange mood, dissemble the upper left floodgate.

EDIT: Also, Can you but a coffin in between the table and bed?  And scatter assorted useless objects like armor stands?
Spoiler: Prologue (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 01:21:11 pm by breadbocks »

Tuxman

• Bay Watcher
  • Forever GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2010, 11:18:39 pm »

right right right, sorry for the misspell. I'm going to try to make an update later tonight.

Anyway, I like how my character is being (against my will) developed. He will be interesting to say the least.

A do-over can be arranged. Just a random male migrant? The grudge won't exist, but u can still hate me.

And with the misspell, I had just figured out their genders and had to go back to change my writing, so deal.

And, as for the floor plan, I appreciate the effort you put in it, but I lack the micromanagement skills (as of yet) to manage a lever system to keep your mason contained. I was thinking bedrooms, not self-contained life-pods (sorry to disappoint). But, if you want me to make a pod with a farm plot and water input, I can.
Meowth! That's right!

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2010, 11:59:47 pm »

No do-over needed. But the point of the room is to stop tantrum spirals from making your fortress go poof. Not too much micromanaging needed until you get to your first siege.

Tuxman

• Bay Watcher
  • Forever GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010, 12:51:11 am »

OK here it is. And I did the do-over already, breadbocks (you made ur post after I did the whole update!) If you want me to change it back, thats ok and it can be done.

15 Dwarfs in total.
Meowth! That's right!

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2010, 02:22:25 am »

Make sure Nish actually trains. She could be the fortress' only defense in case of a surprise ambush. Once you have steel, and the means to produce more of it, I would like full plate, but I can see that that dream may take a while, maybe even never.

Spoiler: Narrative (click to show/hide)

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2010, 02:36:39 am »

Cool. I made a reworked plan to make it able to survive for long periods. Also, when you dig it out, leave some stone for walls if fort gets invaded. One man fort ftw. The workshop is whatever Obok would need in the event of a strange mood. I'm determined to find a way to keep the fort alive, from both threats from the outside... and the inside. I'm sorry about the messieness of it. It's three in the morning, and I can't think. The big green "s" is the still, to its left are three barrels to hold the booze.

Spoiler: Story (click to show/hide)

Tuxman

• Bay Watcher
  • Forever GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2010, 08:58:27 am »

meh, I was waiting for the caravan to arrive before I discovered that the count preferred that the fortress stay where it was because it was already so profitable (which I'm still going to act out). But, I suppose you can tell me that  :)

And that plan is good, I must say. I'll need to find water, but whatev.

Newsmuffin, do you want me to draft the doctor so he starts training? Because there are other useless dwarfs doing nothing right now.

Anyway, I'll update tonight if I can.
Meowth! That's right!

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2010, 05:13:56 pm »

I could edit my story. Also, the water source better be MEGADWARVENLY. I think the wiki has a good list of tundra water sources. I like the badass doctor idea. As if DF didn't already have enough tropes.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2010, 01:58:29 am »

Well, acutally, with the military bugs, I don't want Nish to die of thirst or dehydration. However, that would be the best journal entry ever.
Must keep training! Must keep trai
Nish Nomallisat has died of thirst.
Pages: [1] 2