Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 105

Author Topic: SoundSense: a sound engine for dwarf fortress.  (Read 571694 times)

Marc Remillard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SoundSense: a sound engine for dwarf fortress.
« Reply #1140 on: June 19, 2014, 02:58:02 am »

https://github.com/calmhorizons/soundsense

Small fork of the SoundSense code if anyone is interested. I hope that is OK Petr. If not let me know and I'll pull it down - its basically some customisations of my own:

* Autoupdate code is gone
* Uses the Nimbus LnF
* Minimises to the system tray
* No console necessary

OK from me, thou I will reseve right to backport some enhancements.

Yes please do if you like them/find them useful. I would've submitted a patch but I felt more comfortable gradle'ising it and not dealing with Launch4J etc.

I wanted to add a small regex for the Masterwork "research" announcements on success/failure too so they stand out a bit more, I might make a few changes this weekend.

wowspartan11

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: June 22, 2014, 09:41:35 am »

Sorry if this was already addressed, but there are 77 pages on this and i didn't see anything from a quick browse.

Does the music and sound effects sound sense uses conflict with youtube's new rules about copyright? I'm doing an LP on my channel, but i didn't use soundsense because i was worried there might be some reaction there.

In short, if i use soundsense in a dwarf fortress video on youtube, will it get flagged for copyright?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: June 22, 2014, 09:57:01 am »

The question is not 'is there a copyright problem' when it comes to youtube, its too automated and not smart enough for that. The question is 'will it think your music is similar to a completely unrelated track?'

Slightly more seriously, last time I'd used this I remember them switching to public domain/free music of somekind.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: June 22, 2014, 10:12:57 am »

No problems on the music front - it's all clear for redistribution as a condition of making it into the pack.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

wowspartan11

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: June 24, 2014, 05:25:48 pm »

No problems on the music front - it's all clear for redistribution as a condition of making it into the pack.

Thank you, i am relieved to hear this is the cause as i'm going to be switching over to LPing masterwork as opposed to Deon's Genesis reborn mod, as the masterwork is just too good to pass up, and has many features i'd like to use, sound sense being one of them.

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #1145 on: July 08, 2014, 02:45:49 am »

Logs wanted!

New release hit and there are lots of new events - it would be awesome if few people sent me their gamelogs so that new stuff will be identified and sounds added.

Cheers!
« Reply #1146 on: July 08, 2014, 08:10:19 am »

https://www.dropbox.com/s/olxzfrykg7optuo/gamelog.txt

Not much, but it has quite a few new lines you could use.

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #1147 on: July 08, 2014, 11:11:08 am »

Thanks a lot! Adventurer mode is exactly what I wanted.

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: July 08, 2014, 12:09:09 pm »

Last release of soundsense under linux claims to have no interpreter '/bin/sh^M', which is a problem of UNIX/DOS endlines conversion. To fix, use in vim:
:set ff=unix
:wq!
Don't know how to fix in any other way.
Thanks for the software, anyways!
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.
« Reply #1149 on: July 08, 2014, 03:52:23 pm »

NP. I'm just trying to play with all the new stuff, so I should be getting a lot of new lines.

But I wanted to ask, since I haven't noticed any old lines being changed, would SoundSense still work for the most part? Just without the new stuff?

Also: There's a lot of repeated flavor dialogue now ("It was inevitable") any plans on doing voice overs for some (or all) of these? I'd like to record a few lines if you do. :D
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 03:56:45 pm by TheCoolSideofthePIllow »

Severedicks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: July 08, 2014, 04:41:26 pm »

I think ambient voices should be more suited. Otherwise it would be unintelligible in a crowd.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: July 08, 2014, 05:55:20 pm »

Is there a tweak I can make to system.xml to make world gen music loop repeatedly?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #1152 on: July 09, 2014, 02:12:04 am »

NP. I'm just trying to play with all the new stuff, so I should be getting a lot of new lines.

But I wanted to ask, since I haven't noticed any old lines being changed, would SoundSense still work for the most part? Just without the new stuff?

Also: There's a lot of repeated flavor dialogue now ("It was inevitable") any plans on doing voice overs for some (or all) of these? I'd like to record a few lines if you do. :D

Yes, so far old stuff works just fine.

For dialogue - yep, it would be very nice to have them. So far, I will try to stub it with some murmur, but voiceover project is definitelly comming.

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #1153 on: July 09, 2014, 02:14:57 am »

Is there a tweak I can make to system.xml to make world gen music loop repeatedly?

loop="true" atribute of sound tag should do that.

Poonyen

• Bay Watcher
  • Yarg!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube page
« Reply #1154 on: July 09, 2014, 03:31:32 am »

...but voiceover project is definitelly comming.

Could I help out in any way? I've got recording equipment and a few days to spend on DF stuff.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 03:36:39 am by Poonyen »
I like to make music especially for Dwarf Fortress and Soundsense in my spare time (https://www.youtube.com/simonswerwer, http://soundcloud.com/simonswerwer). Also check out Toadese Language Utility to read and write DF dwarven texts (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136098). Bang the tankards!
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 105