Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 105

Author Topic: SoundSense: a sound engine for dwarf fortress.  (Read 571391 times)

Prezes2607

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: SoundSense: a sound engine for dwarf fortress.
« Reply #990 on: March 05, 2013, 09:07:50 am »

I wanted to ask you / ask for help in the absence of sound in the Masterwork Dwarf Fortress (MDF). I also have a version of the Lazy Newb Pack, which everything works perfectly, and when I turn on the MDF do not hear anything. Checking whether the fault of the SS, but copying unless the four versions of the SS and sounds downloaded from the manufacturer was still the same. The settings in both versions of the DF are the same [Sound: On 255/255]. Checking whether the fault of Java, but I installed version 6 (32 and 64bit) and 7 (32 and 64bit), for each installation, check that the SS in MDF is already running, and unfortunately did not help. I wonder if this is not the fault DFHack, because when I go to Lazy Newb Pack, DFHack in the window, while the inclusion of only shows three lines of text with no errors, and when I turn on the MDF is their weight and one is highlighted in red with the message: 'Could not activate tewak fix-dimensions "of which then underneath it says that the fix-dimensions are included.
I do not know why SS works on LNP and the MDF is no longer... Please help.

Sorry if this question has already been. Could I then just get the information about which pages?

Edit: For Zwei.
Masterwork Dwarf Fortress [MDF]
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 10:29:13 am by Prezes2607 »

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #991 on: March 05, 2013, 10:01:53 am »

I wanted to ask you / ask for help in the absence of sound in the MDF. I also have a version of the Lazy Newb Pack, which everything works perfectly, and when I turn on the MDF do not hear anything. Checking whether the fault of the SS, but copying unless the four versions of the SS and sounds downloaded from the manufacturer was still the same. The settings in both versions of the DF are the same [Sound: On 255/255]. Checking whether the fault of Java, but I installed version 6 (32 and 64bit) and 7 (32 and 64bit), for each installation, check that the SS in MDF is already running, and unfortunately did not help. I wonder if this is not the fault DFHack, because when I go to Lazy Newb Pack, DFHack in the window, while the inclusion of only shows three lines of text with no errors, and when I turn on the MDF is their weight and one is highlighted in red with the message: 'Could not activate tewak fix-dimensions "of which then underneath it says that the fix-dimensions are included.
I do not know why SS works on LNP and the WDF is no longer ... Please help.

Sorry if this question has already been. Could I then just get the information about which pages?

It would be helfull if you first explained what MDF is...

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: March 05, 2013, 10:34:54 am »

Excuse me, but I didn't understand how to remove the music.

I love the sound, but I would like to use only that !

Prezes2607

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: March 05, 2013, 11:24:01 am »

Excuse me, but I didn't understand how to remove the music.

I love the sound, but I would like to use only that !

If you mean the Lazy Newb Pack Advanced or Masterwork Dwarf Fortress, you have to do this:

- The easiest way:

1. Turn on the game - to SoundSense, can activate the music.
2. Turn on SoundSense.

Go in to the Lazy Newb Pack Advanced:
   Lazy Newb Pack/LNP/Utilities/1-Newb/soundsense/soundSense.exe

or

Go in to the Masterwork Dwarf Fortress V2G +:
   Masterwork Dwarf Fortress V2G + / Masterwork Dwarf Fortress / Utilities / SoundSense / soundSense.exe

3. In the first window SoundSense in the Current Playing, you will have your music. Next to the name you will have an icon Mute and Stop. and you click there and you do not have music in the background.

- The second way is:

1. Go into:

Lazy Newb Pack/LNP/Utilities/1-Newb/soundsense/packs/default

or

Masterwork Dwarf Fortress V2G + / Masterwork Dwarf Fortress / Utilities / SoundSense / packs

and there you delete a file, you do not want.

Edit 2:

I'm glad I helped, Nokao :D
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 10:45:14 pm by Prezes2607 »

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: March 05, 2013, 05:41:55 pm »

Oh damn, I never saw that button.

Thank you.

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: March 09, 2013, 09:57:19 am »

I wanted to reply to this post on the Lazy Newb Pack thread concerning SoundSense, but I thought I would try to move the discussion here:

Hello, I'm new so not sure what the protocol is so I'll just get right to the issue I'm having: SoundSense doesn't seem to be working. I launch LNP, I run DF "Play Dwarf Fortress!" and I run the utility SoundSense thing. When I play there's only the default music(I enabled sound under "Advanced") and I have updated the SoundSense soundpack with the automatic update function, under "Currently Playing" there are no channels or SFX. Might this have something to do with the fact that my Windows isn't the English version?

Since many Lazy Newb Pack users don't have a problem with the SoundSense it comes with, I'm thinking your problem might have to do with Java. Though, for all I know it might have something to do with a non-english Windows.

Are you sure that you have Java version 1.6 or later installed? (Latest is 1.7 or "Java 7 Update 17".) Or maybe it's a bad Java install? Is it installed in the default directory on your C:\ partition?

There are a few tips on resolving a Java issue on the official SoundSense website:

To see that you have correct instalation, go to Start->Run, type cmd in dialog that opens, press ok. You are now at commandline, type java -version. If everythig is okay, few lines starting with something similar to java version "1.6.0_14-ea" should apear, in that case you are cool to go.

If something similar to 'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command appears, you do not have properly set up instalation and can either fix it or work around it by editing soundSense.cmd which is in root of archive. Open it in Notepad and find line line starting with java -Dja... and replace java with full path for java instalation and java itself, for example "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_20\bin\java.exe".

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #996 on: March 09, 2013, 02:49:07 pm »

I wanted to reply to this post on the Lazy Newb Pack thread concerning SoundSense, but I thought I would try to move the discussion here:

Hello, I'm new so not sure what the protocol is so I'll just get right to the issue I'm having: SoundSense doesn't seem to be working. I launch LNP, I run DF "Play Dwarf Fortress!" and I run the utility SoundSense thing. When I play there's only the default music(I enabled sound under "Advanced") and I have updated the SoundSense soundpack with the automatic update function, under "Currently Playing" there are no channels or SFX. Might this have something to do with the fact that my Windows isn't the English version?

Since many Lazy Newb Pack users don't have a problem with the SoundSense it comes with, I'm thinking your problem might have to do with Java. Though, for all I know it might have something to do with a non-english Windows.

Are you sure that you have Java version 1.6 or later installed? (Latest is 1.7 or "Java 7 Update 17".) Or maybe it's a bad Java install? Is it installed in the default directory on your C:\ partition?

There are a few tips on resolving a Java issue on the official SoundSense website:

To see that you have correct instalation, go to Start->Run, type cmd in dialog that opens, press ok. You are now at commandline, type java -version. If everythig is okay, few lines starting with something similar to java version "1.6.0_14-ea" should apear, in that case you are cool to go.

If something similar to 'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command appears, you do not have properly set up instalation and can either fix it or work around it by editing soundSense.cmd which is in root of archive. Open it in Notepad and find line line starting with java -Dja... and replace java with full path for java instalation and java itself, for example "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_20\bin\java.exe".

I also wonder whether it is correctly reading logfile - do lines show up in ss console window?

Edwardspoonhands

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: March 09, 2013, 04:18:24 pm »

EDIT 3: I got it working! I just edited the configuration file to direct to the gamelog.txt file and this time it seems to stick, for whatever reason. Thanks for your time and help.

Hello Thundercraft, thank you very much for the reply. A command prompt does indeed reveal that I have the 1.7 version of Java and when running SoundSense it doesn't give an error based on Java. I have edited the second to last line in the SoundSense.cmd as follows:
@echo off

:SET_CLASSPATH

set CLASSPATH=.\
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;lib\MP3SPI\mp3spi1.9.4.jar;lib\MP3SPI\jl1.0.jar
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;lib\OGGSPI\jogg-0.0.7.jar;lib\OGGSPI\jorbis-0.0.15.jar;lib\OGGSPI\vorbisspi1.0.3.jar
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;lib\tritonus_share.jar
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;lib\commons-codec-1.4\commons-codec-1.4.jar
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;lib\autoUpdater.jar
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;lib\jansi-1.8.jar
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;soundSense.jar

C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0_17 -Djava.util.logging.config.file=logging.properties -cp %CLASSPATH% cz.zweistein.df.soundsense.SoundSense

cmd -k

I just tried reinstalling Java, it didn't help.

I've also tried editing the configuration file to direct to the DF gamelog.txt file instead of the actual game. Doesn't seem to matter though, as it reverts itself.

I also wonder whether it is correctly reading logfile - do lines show up in ss console window?

Hello Zwei, thank you for the reply. I have no idea what an ss console window is.

EDIT 2: Duh, now I know. Yes lines do show up. The 3 last lines read:
attempting to listen to ...\Dwarf Fortress.exe
Skipping 9632768 bytes
listening to ...\Dwarf Fortress.exe
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 04:31:35 pm by Edwardspoonhands »

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #998 on: March 09, 2013, 04:28:55 pm »

Hello Zwei, thank you for the reply. I have no idea what an ss console window is.

Skipping 9632768 bytes

Which means that it thinks that logfile is Dwarf Fortress.exe, which is wrong.

Editing configuration.xml to point to correct file should help

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #999 on: March 09, 2013, 04:30:14 pm »

About achievements:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edwardspoonhands

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: March 09, 2013, 05:39:23 pm »

Skipping 9632768 bytes

Out of curiosity - how does that happen, anyway?

Edwardspoonhands

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: March 09, 2013, 05:40:31 pm »

Skipping 9632768 bytes

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #1002 on: March 10, 2013, 02:38:19 am »

Skipping 9632768 bytes

Bad configuration, it was either configured wrongly out of the box, otherwise ss asks user to locate game log when it first starts, if uses selects wrong file...

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #1003 on: March 10, 2013, 01:38:40 pm »

release 41:

https://code.google.com/p/df-soundsense/downloads/list
http://df.zweistein.cz/soundsense/soundSense_41_181.zip

New stuff:
 * Achievements - ss can now track achievements based on events in game, display popup notification and save progress in them.

See achievements/achievement.xml for details on how to add or edit them.

seristal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: March 12, 2013, 05:09:28 pm »

So I've downloaded SoundSense, and I have both it and DF running, but I'm not hearing anything. Help? :L

EDIT: Ok, I can hear some sounds now but only combat and mining ones. Isn't there supposed to be background music and others?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 09:44:05 pm by seristal »
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 105