Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 105

Author Topic: SoundSense: a sound engine for dwarf fortress.  (Read 571661 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: SoundSense: a sound engine for dwarf fortress.
« Reply #690 on: March 20, 2012, 09:02:28 am »

I installed the JRE-7u3 as well, and it worked fine. You still have to have JRE 6.1 installed before that.

I'm noticing a lot of missing sounds in dwarf mode. Like, there are no combat sounds at all anymore for me, which is unfortunate because it was really useful for knowing immediately when combat happens.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Moonshine Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: March 20, 2012, 09:36:32 am »

I installed the JRE-7u3 as well, and it worked fine. You still have to have JRE 6.1 installed before that.

I'm noticing a lot of missing sounds in dwarf mode. Like, there are no combat sounds at all anymore for me, which is unfortunate because it was really useful for knowing immediately when combat happens.
It's simply due to the priority system put in place. Combat sounds and "Cancel" sounds that keep spamming a lot are put in priority 4, the lowest one. You can change which sounds that play with the drop down menu under the volume slider in Soundsense. Pick "4" and you'll hear combat sounds again.

Moonshine Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: March 20, 2012, 04:22:11 pm »

Just a tip: There's an evil laughter file in one of the folders, I can't for the life of me remember which one, I think it's in the moods folder (maybe for a Fell mood?). I used that for the discovery of a dwarf drained of blood. You have no idea how scary it is to read "Urist McUnfortunateVampireVictim has been found dead, completely drained of blood!" and hear that sinister witch laughter. Heartily recommend you try that :D
Found it! It's in /packs/moods/ and is called "Evil Laugh Cackle-SoundBible.com-957382653". Use it. Nao. It's epic.

tilly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: March 22, 2012, 06:10:02 pm »

humpty bump!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: March 22, 2012, 06:41:51 pm »

It's simply due to the priority system put in place. Combat sounds and "Cancel" sounds that keep spamming a lot are put in priority 4, the lowest one. You can change which sounds that play with the drop down menu under the volume slider in Soundsense. Pick "4" and you'll hear combat sounds again.

Thanks. I'd seen that toggle earlier but hadn't put two and two together.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

xandalis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: March 29, 2012, 10:07:33 pm »

So I'm wondering, is there anywhere (or anyone) who has one of the older soundpack versions? Specifically some of the older music. I like current pack alright, but I really miss some of the older seasonal tracks, and I'd really like to get a hold of them again. I had to wipe my drive a while back, and my older install/version of everything was among the casualties of said wipe.

Moonshine Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: March 30, 2012, 01:17:14 am »

So I'm wondering, is there anywhere (or anyone) who has one of the older soundpack versions? Specifically some of the older music. I like current pack alright, but I really miss some of the older seasonal tracks, and I'd really like to get a hold of them again. I had to wipe my drive a while back, and my older install/version of everything was among the casualties of said wipe.
I think they were removed under the premises that they were all copyrighted. So getting a hand on them again might be difficult.

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #697 on: March 30, 2012, 05:40:58 am »

I think they were removed under the premises that they were all copyrighted. So getting a hand on them again might be difficult.

http://df.zweistein.cz/soundsense/soundpack_.zip

You might or might not have found it accidentally :-)

Moonshine Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: March 30, 2012, 06:31:16 am »

...or not... :P

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #699 on: March 30, 2012, 06:37:22 am »

...or not... :P

Anyway, I would be regretfull if some anonymous person uploaded it to filesharing service and posted link here ;-)

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #700 on: March 30, 2012, 06:10:24 pm »

There is something new about console output:

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #701 on: March 31, 2012, 04:33:11 am »

New experiemental version is out: http://df.zweistein.cz/soundsense/soundSense_34_162.zip

When combined with updated soundpack, it should have coloured console output. I was able to test it only on win7 64bit, so feedback on other systems would be appreciated.

Moonshine Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: March 31, 2012, 01:26:41 pm »

New experiemental version is out: http://df.zweistein.cz/soundsense/soundSense_34_162.zip

When combined with updated soundpack, it should have coloured console output. I was able to test it only on win7 64bit, so feedback on other systems would be appreciated.
Three thousand times awesome. Will be trying this out ASAP.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: March 31, 2012, 04:01:27 pm »

Start up the soundsense.exe it will exit after about half a second, when I run the .cmd file it comes up with this:
Code: [Select]
Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xmx1g -Xms1g
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: cz/zweistein/
df/soundsense/SoundSense : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
Could not find the main class: cz.zweistein.df.soundsense.SoundSense.  Program w
ill exit.
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Dwarf Fortress\soundsense>
I keep getting this problem too!
Not too Java savvy, so could I get a few steps for a fix?

EDIT: New experimental version runs, but has no effect! No sounds, vanilla music plays. What am I doing wrong? Is it incompatible with DFhack?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 04:11:49 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Bart0vds

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #704 on: April 01, 2012, 08:42:15 am »

Code: [Select]
Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xmx1g -Xms1g
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: cz/zweistein/
df/soundsense/SoundSense : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
Could not find the main class: cz.zweistein.df.soundsense.SoundSense.  Program w
ill exit.
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Dwarf Fortress\soundsense>
ok my fix:
check your java at: http://javatester.org/version.html
if it is not version 1.7.x then download the new version from (java 1.7.0.3 for 32 bit):
http://www.filehippo.com/download_jre_32/download/5c461fe70d5c12a5864ce9c68db662bb/
or 64 bit: http://www.filehippo.com/download_jre_64/download/d215c8e876f0acae18e44bc6e65026d3/
now the program should work ;)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 08:47:04 am by Bart0vds »
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 105