Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 105

Author Topic: SoundSense: a sound engine for dwarf fortress.  (Read 571771 times)

Immacolata

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SoundSense: a sound engine for dwarf fortress.
« Reply #645 on: February 27, 2012, 01:06:24 am »

I just killed a vampire wearing several hundred trophies, and Soundsense took more than 5 minutes to play clink sounds for every single one of 'em.

Easy fix, really; just thought others should know. Also, thanks for making such an awesome program!

Lol. That little report just made my day :) Thanks. Also, thanks to Zwei for Soundsense. I feel it gives much more to the game than graphics packs.

MagmaSolutionsInc

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes elves for their screaming, bubbling noises.
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: February 27, 2012, 07:49:30 am »

I wish it would launch as soon as you launch DF, rather then halfing to launch it manualy.

Tend to agree. What would be awesome is if DFHack could include options to launch Soundsense as an option so that both could launch at start, via the replacement SDL file. I know SS operates purely via the gamelog, but maybe that'd allow SS to 'inherit' the current DF location, rather than needing to configure it.

Although come to think of it, with some talk I've seen of DFHack plugins, maybe SS could be implemented to be launched as a DFHack plugin and accomplish this. That would seriously be awesome.
stopped zombie cats from adopting dwarves

... with magma.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: February 27, 2012, 08:20:25 pm »

Could just write a batch file.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: February 28, 2012, 01:04:13 pm »

A couple pages back I was trying to make a batch file.  Came up with a few hitches that I couldn't overcome (dos commands not being made for multitasking, stonesense and DFHack'd DF using their command windows.  Stuff like that.)  It pretty much runs the first program listed, and pauses all other .bat processing until that first program is closed.

If you can get a batch file working more power to ya though, I'm not exactly a .bat guru myself.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

snowhusky5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: February 28, 2012, 03:27:29 pm »

The automatic update download has apparently been removed :(
please to upload it again?

the_game_hunt

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_MERCY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: February 29, 2012, 12:57:18 pm »

No it isnt removed, just re-download, should work fine, at least for me...
The spinning (silk shoe) strikes the Baron in the left upper arm, bruising the skin!
The Baron has been shot and killed.

WARNING! I'm not responsible for damaging/destroying your post!

snowhusky5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: February 29, 2012, 04:17:48 pm »

when i click 'start automatic update' it gives me 'error: java.io.filenotfoundexception (long dropbox URL)'

I went to the dropbox URL and it had a 404: file not found error
that is the problem; the download has been deleted (or i somehow got the wrong URL. I am using the lazy newb pack)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: February 29, 2012, 04:52:48 pm »

Just go to the webpage linked in the OP, download the Soundpack and drop it in manually. No idea why the AU is broken for you, worked fine for me with a fresh download. Maybe your Java is out of date.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: March 01, 2012, 05:46:17 am »

Added this to the death.xml file:

Code: [Select]
<sound logPattern="(.+) has been slaughtered\." playbackThreshhold="2">
<!-- http://www.archive.org/details/WilhelmScreamSample -->
<soundFile fileName="WilhelmScream_vbr.mp3" />

<!-- http://www.freewebs.com/notthewilhelmscream/download.html -->
<soundFile fileName="gutwrenching_scream.mp3" />
</sound>

I was starting to miss the Wilhelm Scream everytime I butchered a cat....

Going to see if it works now, got a bunch of poultry to slaughter.
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

Cheet4h

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: March 01, 2012, 09:37:14 am »

when i click 'start automatic update' it gives me 'error: java.io.filenotfoundexception (long dropbox URL)'

I went to the dropbox URL and it had a 404: file not found error
that is the problem; the download has been deleted (or i somehow got the wrong URL. I am using the lazy newb pack)

You got Soundsense from the LNP, right? The update path in that one isn't correct anymore, Zwei posted this into the LNP-thread. the new entry is
<autoUpdateURL path="http://df.zweistein.cz/soundsense/soundpack"/>
which you have to replace in the configuration.xml in your Soundsense folder. If you got it from the LNP it's located in the LNP/Utilities/Newb/Soundsense

snowhusky5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: March 01, 2012, 10:07:43 am »

Thanks! Changing the update path makes it works fine
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 10:12:18 am by snowhusky5 »

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: March 06, 2012, 08:03:42 pm »

Any updates for the new stuff in DF2012 yet?
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #657 on: March 07, 2012, 04:10:32 am »

Any updates for the new stuff in DF2012 yet?

Some most obvious stuff is done, but there are many new events that are a bit rarer or which only happen to people with certain playstyle. Hence why I am asking for game logs of DF2012 forts and adventurers.

A couple pages back I was trying to make a batch file.  Came up with a few hitches that I couldn't overcome (dos commands not being made for multitasking, stonesense and DFHack'd DF using their command windows.  Stuff like that.)  It pretty much runs the first program listed, and pauses all other .bat processing until that first program is closed.

If you can get a batch file working more power to ya though, I'm not exactly a .bat guru myself.

I think start command should help: http://www.robvanderwoude.com/ntstart.php

Ok, new question since I finally got around to updating my soundsense, I needed to redo my customisations.  Well enough I suppose since It was set up in some odd way.  But when I try to set it up in a way that just points to the music's permanent home instead of having to make a dozen copies, I get a bunch of these.

25/02/2012 09:08:33.423: Did not find .\packs\intruders/C:\Users\Admin\Music\The
 Last Remnant\125 Sword Sparks.mp3, ignoring.
That times about 40 for every custom file I tried to plug in there.  The actual line for that one is
<soundFile fileName="C:\Users\Admin\Music\The Last Remnant\125 Sword Sparks.mp3" volumeAdjustment="-10" />

Is soundsense incapable of looking outside those folders or am I just making some stupid mistake....again?

It expects every path to be relative to base directory - not full path. I suppose it is a bug that needs fixing.

Just ran into something others might appreciate: You might do well to set "concurency" or even "haltOnMatch" parameters for drop sounds in battle. I just killed a vampire wearing several hundred trophies, and Soundsense took more than 5 minutes to play clink sounds for every single one of 'em.

Easy fix, really; just thought others should know. Also, thanks for making such an awesome program!

I looked into it - drop sounds should have concurency (and timeout) set. Can you send me your log of this event?

I suppose it might have taken some times to parse several hundred log lines, but five minutes is way too long.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: March 07, 2012, 06:17:20 am »

Just ran into something others might appreciate: You might do well to set "concurency" or even "haltOnMatch" parameters for drop sounds in battle. I just killed a vampire wearing several hundred trophies, and Soundsense took more than 5 minutes to play clink sounds for every single one of 'em.

I looked into it - drop sounds should have concurency (and timeout) set. Can you send me your log of this event?

I suppose it might have taken some times to parse several hundred log lines, but five minutes is way too long.

Non-issue; my fault. Hadn't updated the soundpack like I thought I had, and was using an older version that apparently didn't have it set yet. Updated just today and it's set properly. Sorry 'bout that!
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Zsword

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: March 10, 2012, 02:21:48 am »

I have to ask, what is the song that plays in World Gen? No matter where I look I can't seem to find it, and I wanna know, cause it's right in my favourite musical nitch type. XD
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 105