Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 105

Author Topic: SoundSense: a sound engine for dwarf fortress.  (Read 572001 times)

Kuikka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SoundSense: a sound engine for dwarf fortress.
« Reply #390 on: March 11, 2011, 07:15:40 pm »

Thank you for working with this mod!

I just updated Soundsense, and I don't know if it's because of latest DF version or what, but rain/snow doesn't work properly. It starts the sound effect when the message comes, but it keeps looping it even if "the weather has cleared" message pops up. Thanks to handy UI, it can be clicked off when needed. Btw, I think I hear some new cool weather sounds here. Storm sounds very good.

I have one question concerning adventure mode sounds. How I can apply both "adventure" XML-files? One contains folders "uneasy", "night" & "cackling" while another set contains these battle sounds (arrowhit, hit, impsplat). Is it as simple as just combining texts to XML-file? Somehow, I feel that I think in a too complicated way.

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #391 on: March 17, 2011, 06:32:01 am »

Thank you for working with this mod!

I just updated Soundsense, and I don't know if it's because of latest DF version or what, but rain/snow doesn't work properly. It starts the sound effect when the message comes, but it keeps looping it even if "the weather has cleared" message pops up. Thanks to handy UI, it can be clicked off when needed. Btw, I think I hear some new cool weather sounds here. Storm sounds very good.

I have one question concerning adventure mode sounds. How I can apply both "adventure" XML-files? One contains folders "uneasy", "night" & "cackling" while another set contains these battle sounds (arrowhit, hit, impsplat). Is it as simple as just combining texts to XML-file? Somehow, I feel that I think in a too complicated way.

I will look at it, guess message has changed a tiny bit?

All xml files are being applied. adventurer stuff is just stuff that is specific to adventurer part of game, battle messages are common for both dwarf, adventurer and arena mode.

However, adventurer combat messages are not fully implemented (notably, messages related to clayer chracter doing something).

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #392 on: March 20, 2011, 03:28:16 am »

New release!

http://df.zweistein.cz/soundsense/soundSense_26_121.zip

Brand new automatic update functionality for soundpacks: Go to "soundpack update" tab, press button. SS should then start downloading changes to packs - when it is done all you need is to restart ss and new stuff should be in (which is, if you have most recent pack, some stuff for when dwarf is stung by bee.)

Beware: it will eradicate customized changes. It is also quite experimental stuff, so beware again :-)

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 20, 2011, 06:04:44 am »

New release!

http://df.zweistein.cz/soundsense/soundSense_26_121.zip

Brand new automatic update functionality for soundpacks: Go to "soundpack update" tab, press button. SS should then start downloading changes to packs - when it is done all you need is to restart ss and new stuff should be in (which is, if you have most recent pack, some stuff for when dwarf is stung by bee.)

Beware: it will eradicate customized changes. It is also quite experimental stuff, so beware again :-)

Sounds pretty awesome. Trouble is, I avoid auto-updates as much as possible, especially "experimental" ones.
I'm loving the bee updates, though. Poor poor bee bitten dwarves.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Ethicalfive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 20, 2011, 08:08:43 am »

Love the auto update feature!

Would be nice to know how long it'll update for though. Some kind of progress meter/bar would be really sweet. Don't mind waiting, when it's done its done, but if one can be added, that'd kick butt.
Urist McMiner Unearths a strange pad. He trembles as he inspects it's time saving features. Knowing no 1 dwarf must posess this power, he quietly drops it into the nearest chasm and never speaks of it again.DwarfPad

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #395 on: March 21, 2011, 03:47:40 am »

Would be nice to know how long it'll update for though. Some kind of progress meter/bar would be really sweet. Don't mind waiting, when it's done its done, but if one can be added, that'd kick butt.

Yeah, it is quite rough. Basically, more of proof-of-concept stuff than decent implementation. Expect it to be improved when i get more time :)

Ethicalfive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 21, 2011, 06:36:43 am »

It works great for a rough proof of concept! Had no problems here. Still need to fire up a game and take her for a spin though.
Urist McMiner Unearths a strange pad. He trembles as he inspects it's time saving features. Knowing no 1 dwarf must posess this power, he quietly drops it into the nearest chasm and never speaks of it again.DwarfPad

tyrspawn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 23, 2011, 11:11:35 pm »

I wish I had more time to work on this mod - I keep getting distracted by other hobbies in the small amount of free time I have when i'm not doing grad school course work.

I promise to re-do the combat sounds soon.
Chris Krause
Soundsense Mod Community Organizer
http://df.zweistein.cz/soundsense/

Zelitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 27, 2011, 12:33:40 am »

Does anyone know of a way to get this version of it working on a Mac?
It seems to have trouble getting past the auto-updater, and therefore can't start. Is there any way to remove that part?

ninja137

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 27, 2011, 02:30:19 am »

I dont know why, but some of the sound gets randomly distorted, it starts skipping and making weird noises....did I do something wrong? Stonesense doesnt appear to be giving any errors...

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: March 27, 2011, 03:52:00 am »

I dont know why, but some of the sound gets randomly distorted, it starts skipping and making weird noises....did I do something wrong? Stonesense doesnt appear to be giving any errors...

That's probably just a bunch of messages that came in at once and the sounds all play simultaneously, leading to a "grinding" noise
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

ninja137

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 28, 2011, 06:16:53 am »

Alright, this is a bit odd. A few days ago this was working perfectly fine, suddenly, its giving me errors about Java. Currently re-downloading Java, hopefully that fixes it. Will update when its done.

EDIT: Yeah, every time I start up soundsense of java, it crashes immediately.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 01:41:34 pm by ninja137 »

ninja137

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 28, 2011, 02:44:14 pm »

Whats the name of the song that plays during worldgen? Do want. DO WANT.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 28, 2011, 03:11:41 pm »

"The Village of the Dwarves"

By: Rhapsody

Album: Tales from the Emerald Sword

--

If you browse to the directories of the soundpack files, Windows 7 will list MP3 meta-data next to the file name.

--

On that note, I'm actually trying to replace that song with another one and having some problems. Simply renaming my own song and putting it in place of the worldgen track doesn't work. I read over the customization documents but it didn't point to me needing to do anything more involved. The new track is a 10mg MP3. Any ideas?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 03:15:36 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 28, 2011, 03:33:46 pm »

you mean Rhapsody of Fire, right?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 105