Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Age?

Early
Middle
Late

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: Dominions 3 PBEM Part Trois - It's on  (Read 19535 times)

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3 PBEM Part Trois - It's on
« Reply #150 on: July 13, 2010, 09:05:41 pm »

In retrospect, Il Palazzo choosing not to continue his attack on me was the best strategic decision this game.  He could have helped pile it on and take some more of my provinces, but in not doing so, kept an annoying gnat that had nothing to lose around.  If I had decided to retaliate against Midgard, I would have been destroyed by Arco without any question, so I had no choice but to choose the only path of survival.  It feels like there should have been more of a clash between two super powers at some point in the game, perhaps next time a larger map?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 13, 2010, 11:31:10 pm »

I'm going to be out of town for a few days, from Wednesday night to at least Saturday morning.  I live in the US, so that would translate into the evening on Saturday GMT.  Could we extend a bit?

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 14, 2010, 06:05:43 am »

The main weakness of hydras is that pretty much anything can hit them hard enough to generally instantly sever a head, right? How does Mistform interact with that? That way they can survive 5 attacks a turn before being de-powered? Also, will the daughter of typhon be a commander when you summon it? If yes, how overpowered would be the increased health heroic ability be on her?
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 14, 2010, 11:02:49 am »

Turn postponed to 10 PM GMT on Saturday.
Shoes...

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 14, 2010, 04:32:16 pm »

In retrospect, Il Palazzo choosing not to continue his attack on me was the best strategic decision this game.  He could have helped pile it on and take some more of my provinces, but in not doing so, kept an annoying gnat that had nothing to lose around.  If I had decided to retaliate against Midgard, I would have been destroyed by Arco without any question, so I had no choice but to choose the only path of survival.  It feels like there should have been more of a clash between two super powers at some point in the game, perhaps next time a larger map?
Yeah, I was kind of surprised that you've lashed out against Arco rather than me, but I certainly wasn't going to complain.
And Cthulhu actually warned me he was going to attack, giving me enough time to relocate my forces - how convenient. This was all the easier with my commanders having the sailing ability.

Anyway, I'm not trying to boast or anything, but I don't think you guys can stop me anymore. Do you still want to continue?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 14, 2010, 04:43:25 pm »

I agree that there should be a bigger map next time.  I was literally two provinces away from Midgard, and the way we were arranged I was smashed up against the northern coastline.
Shoes...

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 15, 2010, 09:39:28 am »

I saw that, Cthulhu.  My out-of-townness has been extended until Monday evening GMT.

Because of Midgard's unfair starting position (and my being out of town for a time), I am willing to call foul and techinical win on Midgard.

I am also willing to resume the battle when I return, as we are starting to get into the high-power magic typically unknown to me.  I have...things I can do now that I have never done before, mwa mwa mwa.  So I will leave it up to the other powers to decide.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 15, 2010, 09:50:25 am »

I'd like to see it to the bitter end, or at least closer to the bitter end.  Especially since I've been clinging to life for so long.  I'd at least like someone to defeat all these hydras.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 15, 2010, 10:01:08 am »

I'd like to see it to the bitter end, or at least closer to the bitter end.  Especially since I've been clinging to life for so long.  I'd at least like someone to defeat all these hydras.
Will do.

Lorak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 15, 2010, 05:38:24 pm »

Hey I just got home, took longer than I thought.  XD  I'm gonna be going back out, but gonna at least get this turn in.

I'm with EucreJack in that I've never played this portion of the game before, so while I wouldn't mind calling the game a Midgard win, I would personally like to continue because I have never played through this portion of the game and would like to do so cause I'm sure I can learn at least a little bit during my downfall.  >:D

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 18, 2010, 04:26:24 am »

I think we should roll back the turn, as EuchreJack failed to submit his turn on time.
I'll do that as soon as Cthulhu gives me the admin code. Or if anyone of you has already got it, then do the rollback yourself.

ed: unless he doesn't mind stalling a turn.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 04:28:14 am by Il Palazzo »

Lorak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 18, 2010, 08:17:50 am »

I'm fine with a rollback.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 18, 2010, 12:54:52 pm »

Same, my turns take like...30 seconds to play.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 18, 2010, 01:05:39 pm »

I gave Il Palazzo the admin password.
Shoes...

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 18, 2010, 03:20:55 pm »

My out-of-townness has been extended until Monday evening GMT.

Sorry, this was hidden in the middle of a message.  Thanks for the rollback.  This should be the only time that I am unable to submit within the 48-hour period for a while.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14