Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Age?

Early
Middle
Late

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: Dominions 3 PBEM Part Trois - It's on  (Read 19517 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3 PBEM Part Trois - It's on
« Reply #75 on: July 06, 2010, 09:36:51 pm »

It is hardcoded into the phoenix.

Thus my tactic is: Epic Fail to Win!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 07, 2010, 04:41:45 am »

We are happy to announce, that Super Janitor-Man has busted himself out of the prison. To celebrate this occasion, we invite all our friends to a Heavy Metal gig at the capital of Pythium. No entrance fees. Complimentary mead for everybody. Bring your axes.

Lorak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 07, 2010, 07:24:34 am »

I don't like the Late Age music in the game nearly as much as the Early Age.

Or is it based on which nation you are playing?

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 07, 2010, 10:57:36 am »

Keboseidon sat straight up, awake from his long slumber.  The serpent guard stood at attention.

"Hunger.  That is all I feel.  I crave only the entrails of a janitor.  Fulfill my wishes, servant, and I shall reward you greatly."  With that, the snake pens began to hiss with greater intensity than usual.

Rumors spread that the great hydras were on the move, and that they swallow Midgard babies whole.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 07, 2010, 12:39:58 pm »

I'm pretty sure Jomon has its own music.

Don't worry though, Marignon has good music.  You'll be hearing it soon enough.
Shoes...

Lorak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2010, 12:44:15 pm »

XD

I'm still horribly upset that your prophet smited and killed mine on the turn that he died and brought me to a screeching halt immediately.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 07, 2010, 12:51:58 pm »

Whoa, really?  I missed that part.  Kickass.  Although I was pretty angry at that whole affair.  Those barbarians gummed up my tactics by messing with targeting.  Plus, Arcosephale came in at the last minute and prevented me from putting up some province defense.  I noticed your declaration after I had turned it in, and before I could put in the revised turn the last 2h came in.  Damn.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 12:56:46 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Lorak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2010, 12:55:22 pm »

Haha yeah!

I watched the battle, and was like "Cool deal!  That went better than expected!  Lemme check the numbers... 9 losses, 40 kills, got his commander, wait... my commander died?!"  went back to watch the replay, literally a split second before your prophet dies he casts smite and kills mine.

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2010, 01:04:00 pm »

Rumors spread that the great hydras were on the move, and that they swallow Midgard babies whole.
Well, each one of my skinshifters owns a baby hydra and eats a bit of it everyday, three times a day.

Lorak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 07, 2010, 01:07:49 pm »

Those barbarians gummed up my tactics by messing with targeting.

I actually got pretty lucky as far as the targetting goes...

I just happened to have a scout in that province when you attacked it and watched the battle and saw that you had your cavalry up front and pulled them back and lured the barbs to attack them while getting pelted from the side/rear with crossbow bolts.  I thought that was pretty damn sneaky, and then I immediately changed my infantry I was about to attack with from Attack Nearest to Attack Archers.  <_<

If I didn't have a scout there to see that beforehand, the fight might have gone pretty differently.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 07, 2010, 01:47:31 pm »

Oh.  Damn.  I didn't know you saw that.  I meant my own barbarians.  I thought they drew your guys and then they targetted my archers because my cavalry was already out of range.
Shoes...

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 07, 2010, 04:26:14 pm »

Whoa, really?  I missed that part.  Kickass.  Although I was pretty angry at that whole affair.  Those barbarians gummed up my tactics by messing with targeting.  Plus, Arcosephale came in at the last minute and prevented me from putting up some province defense.  I noticed your declaration after I had turned it in, and before I could put in the revised turn the last 2h came in.  Damn.

And that was totally intentional on my part.  Really, I'm that good.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 07, 2010, 06:53:11 pm »

Keboseidon banged his fists on the table while gnashing his teeth.  He had heard the rumors spread amongst the cults, seen the scholars linking his awakening with the immediate downfall of his empire.  He had felt the sharp edge of Dr. Necro's blade, a being never to be trusted, one that must be defeated and dragged down into the abyss from which it came.  It was that day Keboseidon resolved to make sure to aid Midgard or Jomon with his dying breath, so that Arcomajig may burn.  The filthy barbarians of Midgard were truly repugnant, but a more honorable foe than the demonic, freak bird from hell. 

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 07, 2010, 07:04:57 pm »

What about me?
Shoes...

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 07, 2010, 07:28:51 pm »

I haven't yet decided your level of evil.  What can your campaign/platform promise me?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14