Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Age?

Early
Middle
Late

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: Dominions 3 PBEM Part Trois - It's on  (Read 19504 times)

Lorak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3 PBEM Part Trois - Resubmit your Pretenders
« Reply #60 on: July 05, 2010, 11:13:32 am »

"Why me?" thought Nikki to himself, as he awaited Akihira's scouting report.  "Why was I chosen by our lord to be his hand?  Was it because I was the -only- choice?  No... surely there were more options than just me.  Why not Akihira?  He is a skilled ninja, far more capable than I, a lowly Gokenin.  No matter... Akihira has arrived with his report.  He believes I do not yet notice him, but... ever since our lord spoke to me... I notice everything."

"Sir, I have brought you a report on the surrounding provinces who resist your god given right to rule"  said Akihira quietly.

Nikki turned around swiftly and asked "What do their so-called 'armies' consist of?"

"They consist of... er... mostly heavy infantry, heavy cavalry, and archers."

Nikki raised an eyebrow "How did these peasants acquire that much training and equipment?  Bah!  It makes no difference!  We march today as planned.  I need you to continue scouting the outer provinces.  Bring back any information you can that you deem valuable.

"Yes, my lord" spoke Akihira, as he swiftly bowed and exited the room as quietly as he had entered.

Outside, Nikki's men stood at the ready.  15 brave Ashigaru and 10 Samurai Archers.  A pitiful excuse for an army.  How Nikki was supposed to conquer, er.. convert the world with this meager force was beyond his comprehension.  Fortunately the world is filled with fools who are willing to do anything for money, and Nikki happened to have a little extra.  The foul smell of Urgek Beast Brother, and his minions filled the air, and Nikki could see the discomfort his ashigaru felt, having these creatures so close to them.  He walked down the steps to the courtyard where the men were gathered and Urgek himself approached him.

"Sixty-one gold, as agreed" rasped Urgek.  His foul breath would probably have made Nikki wretch and vomit if not for the strength and will granted by the lord.  "And keep in mind it's only a three month deal, then we'll need more payment or we're going elsewhere."

"That is fine" said Nikki sternly.  The length of the contract with these mercenaries did not matter.  Urgek and his "men" were simply front line fodder to protect the Ashigaru anyway.  They would not survive three months.  As Urgek waddled away, Nikki turned to his men and yelled "Soldiers of Jomon!  Today we march upon our enemies!  Non-believers who would have us suffer in a land ruled by a false prophet!  Today, we will reclaim our homeland.  Tomorrow, the world!!

"What a terrible speech" thought Nikki during the brief moment of silence after he finished.  Suddenly the courtyard erupted into a frenzy as his men cheered bloodthirsty war cries.  He knew it did not matter what he said.  His men would follow.  Such was the power granted to him.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3 PBEM Part Trois - Resubmit your Pretenders
« Reply #61 on: July 05, 2010, 12:23:56 pm »

Yeah, I was a little taken aback when I saw what was around me.  Sucks even more because Marignon's starting troops are subpar.
...Says the owner of 3 provinces by the third turn. I also don't like your strong dominion and your sailing troops. I've got a feeling that we'll get along smashingly.

I got lucky.  Marignon's early armies are very hit and miss.

I'm trying to get my turn played but AOL has suddenly gone into extra retard mode so I'm switching over to my other account.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 12:41:11 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Lorak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3 PBEM Part Trois - It's on
« Reply #62 on: July 05, 2010, 03:24:56 pm »

What does the wooden cross mean on the Hall of Fame?  I always thought it meant that particular person was dead, but maybe that's wrong, cause I've never seen somebody with more than one like Dr. Necro.  Or has Dr. Necro died 6 times?  XD

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 05, 2010, 04:11:48 pm »

Dr. Necro is probably immortal, and will come back to life as long as he dies in his Dominion.  I noticed that too.
Shoes...

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 05, 2010, 04:12:17 pm »

Those Wooden Crosses mean Dr. Necro is 6 times as awesome as anybody else.  Whoot, Dr. Necro!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 05, 2010, 04:16:26 pm »

Talk about fast turns. Whee!

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 05, 2010, 06:51:16 pm »

I saw Dr. Necro in action, personally.  I'm scared.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 05, 2010, 06:53:03 pm »

What's he like? Tell us, tell us!

Lorak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 05, 2010, 06:54:17 pm »

All I saw was a handful of fatass elephants trampling everything.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 05, 2010, 07:04:26 pm »

Just think about your screen being filled with fire and some big bird teleporting around killing everything, then coming back to life.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 05, 2010, 07:06:46 pm »

Oh, he's doing the phoenix+phoenix pyre trick.(I think)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 05, 2010, 07:36:27 pm »

So you all discovered my Pretender's true identity!

Yes!  It is true!  I am really:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Since we appear at the end of today's massive jump into the game, could we rollback the turns to 48 hours, mainly to account for my working and the confusion that is GMT?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2010, 05:49:26 am »

Done.
Shoes...

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 06, 2010, 04:16:31 pm »

Thanks.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 06, 2010, 09:03:02 pm »

So are you using Phoenix Pyre?  How did you get Alteration 7 already?
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14