Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Age?

Early
Middle
Late

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: Dominions 3 PBEM Part Trois - It's on  (Read 19503 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3 PBEM Part Trois - It's on
« Reply #165 on: July 18, 2010, 07:11:40 pm »

Rolled back. Nobody needs to resubmit their turns, even though llamaserver's interface will say otherwise. All it wants is EuchreJack's one.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 19, 2010, 01:10:50 pm »

AOL webmail is acting up, but I am back at my apartment.  The turn should be submitted today, hopefully.

EDIT: Turn submitted!

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 19, 2010, 08:02:03 pm »

So should we re-submit our turns or just wait it out?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 20, 2010, 05:09:01 am »

No need, I've just forced the hosting.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 20, 2010, 03:46:57 pm »

Thanks.

In today's news, Pythium just killed the benevolent prophet of Dr. Necro, further aggrevating the long-standing war between Pythium and Arco.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 20, 2010, 05:12:59 pm »

Let it be known that the "benevolent" prophet of Dr. Necro was a mass murdering, hydra-eating ruffian that never wants to see peace in this world.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 20, 2010, 05:38:20 pm »

Thanks for that fitting eulogy.  Your nation is still forfeit.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 20, 2010, 07:01:19 pm »

A weirdest message arrived with my turn summary:
"Message from Host: Pythium had an unexplicable increase in wealth last turn. This could be caused by cheating."
Probably some mixup due to the rollback. Anything on your side that seemed out of ordinary, Kebooo?

Also, Lorak, what a battle! I loved how everybody either died or ran, with only the hardcore veteran mages staying in the end, waking up from unconsciousness just to lob another spell.
You nearly got me there too. If you only had some lightening-resistance spells, I'd be done for.

In other news:
We welcome our Pythium brothers as they reclaim their rightful heritage. We express our gratitude for letting us borrow those provinces and bleed them dry.

After seeing the last battle at Jomon, and knowing that EuchreJack is ahead of me in research, I must admit that my boasting from before might've been a bit premature.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 07:05:56 pm by Il Palazzo »

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 20, 2010, 08:34:11 pm »

Yea, I got that message too.  I have 570 gold this turn, which is exactly how much I'm supposed to have.  Maybe the game is outraged that Pythium still lives on?

I was hoping the message was due to something like, a miraculous combination of luck where I get "X gold has been raised in this province" in multiple provinces from events.

Actually, something is out of the ordinary.  I have three sea dog COMMANDERS, and get this, a hydra commander.  They all have names now.  Something must have happened.  One of these sea dogs is a 3 water/3 death mage, which I know I didn't have before. 

Now what?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 09:45:00 pm by Kebooo »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 20, 2010, 09:44:45 pm »

Perhaps the server pities you.  I'm happy with that, but what does everyone else think?

Lorak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 20, 2010, 11:45:01 pm »

Also, Lorak, what a battle! I loved how everybody either died or ran, with only the hardcore veteran mages staying in the end, waking up from unconsciousness just to lob another spell.
You nearly got me there too. If you only had some lightening-resistance spells, I'd be done for.

Haha yeah that battle was awesome to watch, even though I lost.  I think I spent over an hour figuring out what to have my mages cast and where to position everyone.  XD

I should've had like 80 more wolves summoned, but several of my nature mages decided it would be better to not summon them for some reason, even though I had them all scripted to do so.  Not that it would have made any difference, but the slaughter of 80 more wolves at the hands of lightning orb would've been cool to see.  >:D

I love my infantry.  Even though they died to your spells, they were loyal to the death of the last man.

Also I never got any message about Pythium in my game.  I don't think he would be cheating, although the units becoming commanders randomly is just plain weird.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 21, 2010, 04:38:57 am »

Yea, I got that message too.  I have 570 gold this turn, which is exactly how much I'm supposed to have.  Maybe the game is outraged that Pythium still lives on?

I was hoping the message was due to something like, a miraculous combination of luck where I get "X gold has been raised in this province" in multiple provinces from events.

Actually, something is out of the ordinary.  I have three sea dog COMMANDERS, and get this, a hydra commander.  They all have names now.  Something must have happened.  One of these sea dogs is a 3 water/3 death mage, which I know I didn't have before. 

Now what?
The symptoms are just like those described on llamaserver:
Quote from: llamaserver
Bay12GamesThree: Roll back to previous turn
This will cause the game to return to the previous turn.

(...)

A further reason is a difficulty with game file confusion. Imagine turn 10 has just come out, and someone starts to play the turn. Then the game is rolled back to turn 9, and processed again to make a new turn 10. Unless players delete the 2h file they produced from the original turn 10, Dominions will not know to ignore it and may get seriously confused. This can cause a lot of madness, e.g. soldiers becoming commanders and gaining magic paths, and so on. So if you do do a rollback, make sure to remind players to delete their 2h files.

(...)
So, did you parhaps play the turn before the rollback? I should've told everyone to delete their .2h files, I guess.

Anyway, I suppose I don't mind you having a bunch of mutants in your army, so if everyone else(Arco?) is o.k. with that, I say carry on.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 21, 2010, 08:50:19 am »

I didn't delete any files before or after the rollback, so that probably had something to do with it.  No new mutants/problems this turn.  I think one of my mages with a certain magic item disappeared, and one of my commanders actually turned into a soldier, while I have four new mutant commanders.  I'll refrain from using the mutant commanders in combat (except maybe the two weaker sea dogs, to make up for what seems to have disappeared).  If I use the more powerful sea dog and hydra commander, I'll just have them on attack and not commanding anything.  Although a hydra commander, equipped with two misc magic items would be pretty cool.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 21, 2010, 09:17:29 am »

Actually, I think that you MUST use the new commanders to their fullest potential.  With your research being around 100 and everyone else's research around 1000, you really need all the help you can get.

I want to see the mutant commanders!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 21, 2010, 01:14:57 pm »

Indeed, it must've been a divine intervention! Use the teenage mutant ninja hydras now!

ed:
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 02:11:50 pm by Il Palazzo »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14