Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Age?

Early
Middle
Late

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: Dominions 3 PBEM Part Trois - It's on  (Read 19522 times)

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3 PBEM Part Trois - It's on
« Reply #120 on: July 10, 2010, 09:39:20 pm »

Think about this, Cthulhu.  If Arco hadn't attacked me, I could have sent all of my forces against Midgard, and you'd still be alive right now, possibly growing, or helping double team Midgard.  Ergo, Arco destroyed your empire.  Do you really want to give him gems?  Both the honorable Jomon and I are locked in a battle with this evil-doer, and I'm just a poor, tired old soul.  Did I mention I like jewels and pendants?  Donate to the cause, destroy your destroyer! 

It's pretty obvious Midgard is going to win at this point, my moral victory is in helping prevent Arco from rising to match Midgard.  This is, of course, forgetting Midgard attacked me in the first place, wiping out one of my armies and taking several provinces from me.  That's just a small footnote though, Arco will pay!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 11, 2010, 12:37:54 am »

No offense, but Pythium is so primitive they wouldn't know what to do with any gems you gave them.

I, on the other hand, am your technological equal.

Also, are you sure that you are doomed?  Kebooo has been quite effective at annoying me and tying down my forces.  Damn Hydras.  You might be able to do the same with Midgard.  Winning probably won't happen, but some fun can come from hurting your attacker, as Kebooo can attest.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 11, 2010, 05:21:58 am »

Yeah, Marignon is pretty much doomed. Both his forts besieged, while 13 crossbowmen + one mage was all the army he had left when he decided to lobotomize himself(if my intelligence is correct).
First turn after going AI, Barakael attacks with the above mentioned forces and promptly gets himself killed. Because what could go wrong with casting flares untill you're at 99 fatigue and then going into melee?
If that's any consolation, of all the gear he was carrying, I only got the burning pearl.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 11, 2010, 09:51:10 am »

Where'd the rest of it go?  He was kitted out, man.

Anyway, I think I'm starting to get the hang of this.  Next game I might actually last to turn 30 or farther.
Shoes...

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 11, 2010, 02:14:35 pm »

Ugrek saw the opportunity after Barakael's death and grabbed Marignon's throne. His first deed as a monarch was to take his last remaining minion and attack heavily fortified Jomonese positions.
And there was a power vacuum in Marignon, again.

ed: Freudian slip.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 06:44:45 pm by Il Palazzo »

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 11, 2010, 06:37:56 pm »

As Keboseidon was incinerated in a magic duel with Kassandra, he forced out one final curse, "I'll see you in hell, Dr. Necro".  And then he was gone.

Also, don't ask why I was sending Keboseidon around attacking things.  He's not even built for it, and I don't have good magic.  It just felt right.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 06:44:15 pm by Kebooo »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 11, 2010, 06:46:59 pm »

Isn't it about time all you kids forgot your petty squabbles, and united against the strongest player?
Just saying.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 11, 2010, 06:48:07 pm »

My question is: Why did you put Astral 1 on your pretender?  That's kinda asking for a death by magic duel.

Sadly, your pretender was not the primary element of your army.  Killing him just felt good.

Lorak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 11, 2010, 06:54:46 pm »

Isn't it about time all you kids forgot your petty squabbles, and united against the strongest player?
Just saying.

XD One of the major causes of all the turmoil in our part of the world is due to the fact that Midgard/Marignon is inaccessable to Arcoscephale without going through either Pythium or myself.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 11, 2010, 06:57:27 pm »

Well, the problem with this map is that Arco can't really unite against Midgard with us.  And I'm just lashing out, trying to bring him down with me.  I have no chance to win, so I'm just rioting. 

I actually don't/didn't understand how magic duels work.  So you can only duel mages with astral?  I had put it on there so that I could do some communions with him, but obviously that never worked out.  I was mostly going to use him to research/cast spells/forge but since he awakened late I never got a chance.  Oh and the blessings for the hydras of course.  I wish I had made a SC pretender, it would have been far, far more useful to me in this game.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 06:59:18 pm by Kebooo »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 11, 2010, 07:02:23 pm »

Yeah, I didn't think Kebooo would agree to any sort of peace agreement.  Those hydras are tough!

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 11, 2010, 07:21:59 pm »

Well, I could be persuaded, but what guarantee would there be that I wouldn't just be attacked as soon as my armies were out of your lands?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 11, 2010, 07:23:18 pm »

Most likely, by refusing to give up, Kebooo won the game for me.
Unless Lorak is going to use that huge army of his.

Lorak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 11, 2010, 07:48:16 pm »

Somebody's gotta try, and at this point it can only be me!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 11, 2010, 08:05:13 pm »

Go Lorak!  Make us proud!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14