Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21

Author Topic: CompCent  (Read 22211 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: CompCent
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2010, 03:51:58 pm »

"Is it FTL capable? if so, can we send it to investigate the outer area of the anomaly? also, assuming the same amount of pause between similar amounts of growth, how long before it reaches us?
"The maintenance drone possesses no FTL capability. Assuming observed growth rate continues unchecked, the affected region will reach this position within ten years."

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2010, 04:01:16 pm »

"are there any colonies within, say, 1 year's growth of the field?"
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2010, 04:03:09 pm »

"are there any colonies within, say, 1 year's growth of the field?"
"Syntax Error"

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2010, 04:06:24 pm »

"assuming current pattern of growth, would the vanishing area reach any planet or station with sentient life within one years time?"
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2010, 04:07:32 pm »

"assuming current pattern of growth, would the vanishing area reach any planet or station with sentient life within one years time?"
"Affirmative"

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2010, 04:09:49 pm »

"Query: Is it the opinion of the creative sub-processes that Unknown Events 2E617 and 2E618 pose a danger to sentient life?"

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2010, 04:13:59 pm »

"display such positions as a scrollable list. also, sort all displays by content, such as scan data, astrological positions, etcetera. yes, that is my opinion, from the current data, including the disappearance of everything from the affected area. This is currently unproven, however. is there any way it could be a field that blocks all scans and sight into that area?"
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 05:15:16 pm by ragnarok97071 »

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2010, 04:29:17 pm »

"Query: Is it the opinion of the creative sub-processes that Unknown Events 2E617 and 2E618 pose a danger to sentient life?"
"Well my opinion is yes. First all the planetoids supporting sentient life orbiting around the disappearing stars would lose all their heat sources plus become rouge planets. But that wouldn't be a threat to some sentient life that might exist.

I meanwhile rate events 2E617 and the the event in progress 2E618 to be dangerous, and I suggest an attempt to slow or stop the disappearance of stars due to 2E618."

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2010, 05:32:28 pm »

Event 2E617 and 2E618 are presumed dangerous. Are the grav scans working now? Do we have data? Can we get it?

Can we get visual scans of the stars opposite the... Dead Zone?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2010, 06:09:37 pm »

Can we get visual scans of the stars opposite the... Dead Zone?

Yes, it is important to know whether something has replaced the stars, or if that area has simply vanished.

I recommend moving closer. Far enough away that it will still take weeks for it to reach us, but close enough to use more precise shorter range scanners.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2010, 06:31:20 pm »

CompCent listens impassively then says, "Assessment acknowledged. Recommendation accepted."

Code: [Select]
Compcent reporting

Creative sub-processes recommend approaching affected region
Evaluation: This course of action directly violates prime directive 3

Creative sub-processes assess Unknown Event 2E617 and 2E618 as a threat to sentient life
Override: Prime Directive 2 takes precedent

Begin FTL engine start-up.

Power down and retract ram-scoop... Complete
Power up navigational array... Complete
Calculate FTL Trajectory... Complete
Power down and retract cruising engines... Complete

Initiate FTL

The virtual space dims slightly, you can feel power diverted away from your systems as a growing lethargy and dullness of senses. The real-time view of the affected region suddenly spins, like a camera tracking something while moving. There is a blur and then the video goes dead black.

"FTL Online, Arrival: 13 hours 26 minutes."

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2010, 06:35:34 pm »

"What are your prime directives?"
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2010, 06:36:30 pm »

"What are your prime directives?"
"CLASSIFIED"

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2010, 06:57:20 pm »

Theoretically what resources would be liberated from the dissapeared stars if they were collected rather than destroyed
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2010, 07:02:37 pm »

Theoretically what resources would be liberated from the dissapeared stars if they were collected rather than destroyed
"Precise stellar data is limited. Rough estimates indicate 1.39237x10^34kg of stellar matter would be collected."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21