Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21

Author Topic: CompCent  (Read 22146 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: CompCent
« Reply #240 on: July 02, 2010, 11:48:25 am »

(Armok, how can relationships factor into things like stars dissapearing. If you wanted to help you shold pick something like 'Data accusiton' or 'System operator.' Also you WILL get kicked again because you are making everybody pissed at you.)
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 02, 2010, 11:52:35 am »

"Gravitational lensing will now be able to analyze this anomaly effectively due to it's size. Anything far enough away to lens around such a gigantic area would be near impossible to detect any light from. To get an accurate enough picture to search for evidence of lensing would take weeks, if not months, no matter how advanced CompCent's sensors might be."

(Armok, how can relationships factor into things like stars dissapearing. If you wanted to help you shold pick something like 'Data accusiton' or 'System operator.' Also you WILL get kicked again because you are making everybody pissed at you.)
(CAUSAL relationships, not casual. He specializes in analyzing cause and effect.)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 02, 2010, 11:53:52 am »

(Oh, ho ho ho. I'll be quiet now. >_>)
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 02, 2010, 12:03:55 pm »

"CompCent, it would appear that you have gotten quite a rotten crop of creative subproccesses. The voting system will not work, they seem to have hit an attractor or preserving their own existence and doing nothing to efficiently solve their given task, and it appears they perceive me as a threat, which means you will soon ave no competent advice.
Recommendation: Terminate all creative subprocceses, then run creative subprocceses filtering for Astronomy, physics, sensor technology, xenobiology, causal relationships, and data manipulation.
If the creative subprocceses currently running are not interfered with, i predict a 60% probability the ship will be destroyed and billions of sapience die."
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 02, 2010, 12:23:22 pm »

There was nothing here. Also armok you do know that your action will remove you too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 02, 2010, 12:30:23 pm »

"Look, CompCent has already said that processes will be terminated if they prove useless/detrimental. You are not superior to CompCent, you are not superior to us. Start Cooperating or you will be terminated. As much as you claim to be trying to help, you are constantly taking drastic, dangerous actions against the will of the rest of us. Solving this problem is important, yes, but not if we are destroyed in the process. You have no caution whatsoever, and are going to get us all killed at this rate."
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 02, 2010, 12:59:52 pm »

"I have taken no drastic or dangerous action: I have merely advised CompCent to take drastic action against us. I am superior to CompCent in the area of agile creative thought, which is the reason I were created in the fist place and using to produce advice. Given that the process of creation is random, statistically speaking I should be superior to half of you and inferior to half, I do estimate that, not by my own high ability bet be everyone else's low, I am at least among the top 3."
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 02, 2010, 04:58:11 pm »

"Alright, first, CompCent is superior to us in many ways, but is merely blocked by useless protocols and other things.
We are all equal, although we excel in fields where others don't.
And I at least have thoughts of self-preservation and minor freedoms, so screw you're so called 'Advice' towards CompCent.
Please shut up now, because this useless bickering is getting us nowhere, and I agree that your actions are reckless and without just cause except for fixing the event, at the cost of our lives.. I will even take a desperate act of Physical Violence against YOU to stop this bickering for at least 1 moment."

Phantom walks over to BCC-014 and casually punches it a few times to try to silence it for a moment.

"CompCent, I request contact with BattleComp please. I'd like to see what it has to say about possible mining operations and current technology at our disposal. Plus, I would really need that diagram of the ship and list of types and amounts of resources we have at our disposal.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 02, 2010, 05:22:15 pm »

"CompCent, I believe that QUITE qualifies as an confession of malice. Standard protocol, I believe, dictates the deletion of Phantom."
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 02, 2010, 05:25:44 pm »

"Alright now he is looking for excuses for deleting EVERYONE.
I swear if I get deleted, everyone except BCC better remember me."
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 05:28:33 pm by Phantom »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 02, 2010, 05:29:39 pm »

"I am providing advice to the best of my ability so that CompCent can make informed decisions which furthers it's, and by extension our, goals. Currently, this consists of analysing the anomaly, and removing this... this MALWARE."
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 02, 2010, 05:41:24 pm »

Malware? It would seem that the most malware here is you, BCC. Attempted destruction of sentient subprocesses? You're a serial killer! The only difference between you and me is that I do not kill others. If I am a virus, then what does that make you? You are attempting to cause more damage than a irate Online Multiplayer Gamer with no currency.

CompCent, I will not lower myself to his level and request his deletion, but I urge you to review the pros and cons of letting him run amok in here.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 02, 2010, 05:51:05 pm »

"CompCent,
Quote from: the.exe
[the.exe] am a virus,

By the way, deletion of subprocceses is not murder. Backups exist and will be cared for by CompCent.

A-atleast I assume that's the case? CompCent, under what circumstances will you destroy sapients, such as all backups of these subproccesses?"
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #253 on: July 02, 2010, 05:55:29 pm »

"Now, for the specific sub processes I recommend you delete immediately:...
BCC brings up a window with all available recordings and logs of data that might possibly be relevant to the anomaly, and constructs the following illustrations in various windows:...
"Recommendations noted. Processing request."

CompCent is starting to sound better, less stuttering and distortion.

The requested graphs appear, and seem to indicate some very odd results.

"Further analysis of the visual data indicates that the star luminosity did not change instantly. It quickly went dark from one side of the star to the other, relative to a specific point in space at the center of the region. There seems to be no time differential relative to the center of the phenomenon, all stars 'went out' equally rapidly. Background galaxies and background radiation readings approach zero when viewed through the region."

And CompCent, may you please open up a 3d diagram of the ship also showing any damage the ship may have, plus a list of types of resources we have and the amounts in a window near it, because I would like to see what repairs or modifications I could pull off."

A window appears with a 3D diagram of the ship, giving you your first good look at it. It is large and ovoid, smaller at one end than the other, much like an egg. Small protrusions dot the surface of unknown function. Large blotches of red appear along the underside, as well as several other key locations. Of particular note, a large section on the upper hull seems to be significantly damaged. You see drones working tirelessly to reinforce the outer hull, as well as others repairing external sensor clusters and damaged hull plates.

A text window appears next to it, listing the resources recovered so far, deposits yet to be exploited, and resources needed for full ship repairs. The resources needed list is very long.

Phantom walks over to BCC-014 and casually punches it a few times to try to silence it for a moment.

You are able to punch one another, but there is no pain sensation or physical damage... it's just annoying.

"CompCent, I request contact with BattleComp please. I'd like to see what it has to say about possible mining operations and current technology at our disposal. Plus, I would really need that diagram of the ship and list of types and amounts of resources we have at our disposal.

"Battlecomp Online" Says a booming voice, much more masculine and less synthesized than CompCent.

"CompCent,
Quote from: the.exe
[the.exe] am a virus,

By the way, deletion of subprocceses is not murder. Backups exist and will be cared for by CompCent.

A-atleast I assume that's the case? CompCent, under what circumstances will you destroy sapients, such as all backups of these subproccesses?"
"Creative sub-processes are not classified as sentient. Destruction is permanent and irrevocable. Destruction will occur immediately after majority vote, or when CompCent deems said sub-process to be of no worth regarding the current crisis."

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 02, 2010, 06:03:00 pm »

How are we not sentient? We fufill all requirements, do we not?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21