Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17

Author Topic: Dwarves within Dwarves megaproject (FINISHED, DONE, KAPUT, AN EX-PARROT)  (Read 88100 times)

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves within Dwarves megaproject
« Reply #90 on: July 16, 2010, 03:07:58 pm »

tears are coming to my eyes.

Amazing.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 16, 2010, 04:55:04 pm »

So, are you still on 31.06 or how did you get stonesense to work with .08/.10?

I noticed someone a moment ago mentioned 31.08 memory file, but like the other person, i do not know what this is :P

also, looking awesome so far :P
I know for certain lazy newb pack comes with functioning Stonesense, so it can't be too complicated.[/late]
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Bomepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 16, 2010, 08:16:19 pm »

I'm using 08, someone linked me stonesense with the memory file somewhere in the thread
Megadorf™ A giant dwarf shaped dwarf fortress

The All Guardsmen Party

Talfryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 16, 2010, 08:35:52 pm »

More progress pls.

Bomepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 18, 2010, 01:26:07 am »

The chest continues, the next layer will be the start of the beard. I am planning to build the statue without the beard then cast it in as obsidian afterwards. I'm regretting not getting a stonesense screenshot every day to make a nice timelapse video, but I promise I will make a short vid when I cast the beard. Finally I am getting frustrated by the relative lack of red stone, bauxite and kaolinite mining have been slowing things down, I may start using hematite as a solution. I could dig down farther in my search but I worry that finding the caverns would drop me even lower than the 3-5 fps I work at right now.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The All Guardsmen Party

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 18, 2010, 01:29:03 am »

What are the purple things? Also, what style will the beard be in? Mustache? Nose hair? Regular hair?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 18, 2010, 01:33:07 am »

If you're running out of stone of a colour, you can deconstruct the outermost floor tiles of a layer once the walls are all installed.

breadbocks: the purple tiles are how Stonesense represents designated tiles for construction, so he's building the interior floors.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 18, 2010, 01:48:18 am »

This is enormous.

What are you going to do for arms? If they're to start at the dwarf's sides, now would be the time.

A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

Quantum Toast

• Bay Watcher
  • Schrödinger's Breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 18, 2010, 08:10:09 am »

This is enormous.

What are you going to do for arms? If they're to start at the dwarf's sides, now would be the time.

If I remember correctly, they'll be holding up the barrel that pours magma into the mouth.
That would be as deadly to the wielder as to anyone else!  You'd sever your own arm at the first swing!  It's perfect!

Bomepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 18, 2010, 09:07:48 am »

For those asking about what it will look like heres the basic outline. It's changed a little bit since this was made but its mostly the same.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The All Guardsmen Party

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #100 on: July 18, 2010, 12:57:47 pm »

Ah, the red material shortage issue. I had that when working on the Bloodfist logo. I had to wander into the wilds where Giant Cave Swallow, batmen, and antmen were aplenty, and my dwarves had no choice but to forgo a suicide collection/mining mission. But it was damn worth it to get the shading right.

Hematite for the dark red, and cinnabar for the light red. Wouldn't blame the many cases of Mad Hatter's that infected the reclaim parties those many times just working on the logo alone; seeing as I think it is cinnabar that's a source of mercury, and all.

EDIT:
100th post of the thread. Woo!

AzureAngelic

• Bay Watcher
  • is waiting for dwarves to invent large blenders
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 18, 2010, 01:20:23 pm »

How do you suppose the goblins will siege this thing?

Somehow, it wouldn't surprise me if they tried to climb in through the urinary magma dispenser tract, only to be pissed out.

...oh, man, if Toady ever implements moving fortress parts, you NEED to give this thing a giant magma-producing pickaxe or something so you can have Urist McGiantRobot do epic battle against HFS.
Urist McFodder cancels Breathe: Interrupted by Goblin.
Urist McAwesome unleashes the magma floods!
Gobbo Steve cancels Attack: Interrupted by Lava.
Lava cancels Kill Goblin: Interruped by Fungiwood.
Urist McAwesome cancels Live: Taken by depression.
Urist McAwesome has perished in lava.

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 18, 2010, 01:23:15 pm »

...oh, man, if Toady ever implements moving fortress parts, you NEED to give this thing a giant magma-producing pickaxe or something so you can have Urist McGiantRobot do epic battle against HFS.

Dwarven Mechwarriors.

Oh man, how may childhoods would have been ruined if Optimus Prime had been full of dwarves? And knowing them, they wouldn't get out when he transformed into robot mode. He'd change back into a truck and the cabin would look like an industrial accident.
[DF 0.31.13]  ۝ War of the Ring Mod ۝  [WotR 0.13.3]

War of the Ring is back baby!
A mod based on Lord of the Rings, by JRR Tolkien.

AzureAngelic

• Bay Watcher
  • is waiting for dwarves to invent large blenders
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 18, 2010, 01:49:21 pm »

Dwarven Mechwarriors.

Oh man, how may childhoods would have been ruined if Optimus Prime had been full of dwarves? And knowing them, they wouldn't get out when he transformed into robot mode. He'd change back into a truck and the cabin would look like an industrial accident.

Urist McDriver cancels Move: On break.
Urist McDriver has been crushed to death.
Urist McPassenger has been crushed to death.

On that note, I think it's safe to say that Energon is actually irradiated adamantine sent hundreds of years into the future by a noble getting drunk and pulling a level backwards or something.

Aaaaaanyway.
Urist McFodder cancels Breathe: Interrupted by Goblin.
Urist McAwesome unleashes the magma floods!
Gobbo Steve cancels Attack: Interrupted by Lava.
Lava cancels Kill Goblin: Interruped by Fungiwood.
Urist McAwesome cancels Live: Taken by depression.
Urist McAwesome has perished in lava.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 18, 2010, 02:03:51 pm »

What noble would be dumb enough to pull a lever backwards?let alone a drunk noble.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17