Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Disarm goblins  (Read 3911 times)

Shangurath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Disarm goblins
« on: June 25, 2010, 09:01:40 am »

I do [d][b*][d] thing using it on goblins that are in animal stockpile or that are inside built cages then I cancel 'dump cage' but dwarves still do not disarm goblins. What could be the problem?

SenorPiquante

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that's Optimus Prime wearing a sombrero.
    • View Profile
Re: Disarm goblins
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 09:21:03 am »

I've had this happen too, even though the dwarves seem to be completing all the "Dump Item" tasks that come up on the [j]ob screen.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 09:38:25 am by SenorPiquante »
Twitter: The only place where it is acceptable to say "I noticed that her and I had a lot of the same interests, so I started following her."

The Dwarf Fortress forums: The only place where a discussion of an Elf king who splattered a dragon across a fortress wall with two hammerstrikes can be derailed into the economy crash of 1929.

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 09:30:41 am »

is it possible you don't have an available garbage zone?  Or no dwarves with "refuse hauling"?

Shangurath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 09:52:04 am »

is it possible you don't have an available garbage zone?  Or no dwarves with "refuse hauling"?

No, I have both

TheVeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 10:01:25 am »

This is the way someone told me to do it and it has been working;

[d][ b][d] all the cages.
Then do a
[d][ b][c] on all the cages, then lastly use [k] to un-dump all the cages. After that your dwarves will start stripping them.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 05:25:53 am by TheVeon »

drisher

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2010, 02:06:28 pm »

The thing I got hung up on was the mass reclaim.  The goblins possessions are default forbidden, so you have to claim them, and dump them.

SenorPiquante

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that's Optimus Prime wearing a sombrero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2010, 04:33:08 pm »

Then do a
[d][ b][c] on all the cages, then lastly use [k] to un-dump all the cages. After that your dwarves will start stripping them.

Part of your post was being read as formatting. Anyway, I shall try this next time I have gobbo prisoners.
Twitter: The only place where it is acceptable to say "I noticed that her and I had a lot of the same interests, so I started following her."

The Dwarf Fortress forums: The only place where a discussion of an Elf king who splattered a dragon across a fortress wall with two hammerstrikes can be derailed into the economy crash of 1929.

Shangurath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2010, 01:17:38 am »

[d][d] all the cages.
Then do a
[d][c] on all the cages, then lastly use [k] to un-dump all the cages. After that your dwarves will start stripping them.

No, this didn't work too...

TheVeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2010, 05:26:09 am »

Then do a

Part of your post was being read as formatting. Anyway, I shall try this next time I have gobbo prisoners.
Fixed it now. Thanks for pointing it out.

Yocas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.eraforums.illiniwebdesign.com
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2010, 08:36:12 am »

It doesn't work when the cage is built. You have to make sure it's in the "Animal" stock pile before you can do it.

Once it's there you do the whole "d,b,d" process then you use "k, d" to cancel the dump process for the cage. The weapons / armor will be the items that will be dumped.

Bartleby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2010, 08:49:12 am »

IMHO it does NOT work with cages in stockpiles. It works fine for me on built cages. I dump d,b,d the cages and d,b,c reclaim the stuff.
When my dwarves hauled all away, i link the cages to levers and train my military on the naked goblins

Yocas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.eraforums.illiniwebdesign.com
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2010, 09:03:16 am »

It works for me.  :-\

TheVeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2010, 11:59:15 am »

IMHO it does NOT work with cages in stockpiles. It works fine for me on built cages. I dump d,b,d the cages and d,b,c reclaim the stuff.
When my dwarves hauled all away, i link the cages to levers and train my military on the naked goblins
It works with cages in stockpiles. Just did it on 20 odd goblins and ogres stuck in my cages.

Shangurath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2010, 02:27:19 pm »

I tried both stockpiles and built cages and it doesn't work.. darn..

Rkui

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2010, 08:53:38 am »

Eugenitor it seam you don't have a garbage zone active, or didn't wait for your dwarfs to dump all the crap the gobos are wearing.
Pages: [1] 2