Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166

Author Topic: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*  (Read 310769 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*
« Reply #2460 on: February 02, 2013, 02:34:21 pm »

There is no need to get involved in them. I would just suggest you stay away from BS12. And Goon. And lets not kid ourselves, stay away from TG as well. All the major servers have their own special brand of terrible. And all the minor servers have their own not so special brand of terrible in the form of low populations.

Really. The game is fairly terrible. But uh. Have fun.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: February 02, 2013, 03:01:59 pm »

Really. The game is fairly terrible. But uh. Have fun.

This. Spacestation 13 is poorly made/designed/implemented, with a subpar UI and lags often. The rounds are either terribly long and boring, or you get ganked early and have to wait around as a ghost for most of the time. But then you get the one perfect round where everything is awesome, amazing, fun and exciting. That's why you play SS13. Not because it's a good game, but because it has the sheer potential to be amazing that keeps you coming back.

Or at least that's my two cents.

BPOil

• Escaped Lunatic
  • We're sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: February 02, 2013, 03:26:01 pm »

I just came on for some slow paced gameplay, a bit of roleplaying and such.
Then i get banned for another persons ERP.

You should just stop whining and appeal it already.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: February 02, 2013, 05:26:23 pm »

Spacestation 13 is poorly made/designed/implemented, with a subpar UI and lags often.
You can blame BYOND for the lag and poor UI. The stress caused by the mechanics of SS13 (see: giant bomb exploding) don't help very much either.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: February 02, 2013, 05:32:10 pm »

Spacestation 13 is poorly made/designed/implemented, with a subpar UI and lags often.
You can blame BYOND for the lag and poor UI. The stress caused by the mechanics of SS13 (see: giant bomb exploding) don't help very much either.
Main reason I only play a little bit it fun but dear god the lag
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: February 02, 2013, 05:56:01 pm »

If you want slower paced RP, there's a third-party Baystation 12 server floating around somwhere that's stuck on extended. The problem I have with it is the small server population and the fact that no antags make SS13 soul crushingly boring.
You're not talking about Apollo are you?
Because that server is even worse for admins that insist you RP things their way. With the lack of social abilities of some of their admins I'm sure they must know eachother from their local autism clinic.

I've recently started playing more often on Bay because I'm bored with how laggy tg has become, and how retarded the playerbase has become, and how the decent admins have all fucked off and the ones that are left don't even bother actually sitting in on rounds.
And my expirience has been mostly pleasent compared with how it was a few months ago (I think the biggest improvement is that Spaceman and Applemaster aren't shitting things up with their powertripping admin style.)

The rounds are still long, drawn out and often about as interesting as watching paint dry however.

Spaceman96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: February 02, 2013, 06:38:42 pm »

How about you don't insult people who are reading the thread, Zombat.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: February 02, 2013, 07:28:52 pm »

How is that different from insulting people who are not reading the thread? A action that is fairly common place. If you don't think you were a powertripping badmin, defend yourself, but just saying "nuuuuuuuuoooooo" is hardly going to make you look any better.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: February 02, 2013, 07:40:16 pm »

Speaking of lag, I'll give you three choices as to what ended the really long round today. Was it
a. cult?
b. assistant mass?
Or c. game-freezing lag?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: February 02, 2013, 07:41:22 pm »

Speaking of lag, I'll give you three choices as to what ended the really long round today. Was it
a. cult?
b. assistant mass?
Or c. game-freezing lag?

Trick question, it was A and B causing C.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: February 02, 2013, 07:42:35 pm »

a. cult?
b. assistant mass?
Or c. game-freezing lag?

Drat, you foiled my plan to derail the current topic! :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: February 02, 2013, 07:44:13 pm »

a. cult?
b. assistant mass?
Or c. game-freezing lag?

Drat, you foiled my plan to derail the current topic! :P

Nonsense, as without oxigen blob don't evoluate.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Spaceman96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: February 02, 2013, 07:45:44 pm »

How is that different from insulting people who are not reading the thread? A action that is fairly common place. If you don't think you were a powertripping badmin, defend yourself, but just saying "nuuuuuuuuoooooo" is hardly going to make you look any better.

I honestly don't care if an idiot doesn't like the way I adminned. Suffice it to say that people crying, "Oh Space is a terrible admin he should be gone waaah" wasn't the reason that made me quit. I gave up hundreds of hours of my life to adminning as well as I could, and I don't care about the people who didn't like it.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: February 02, 2013, 08:02:00 pm »

I honestly don't care if an idiot doesn't like the way I adminned. Suffice it to say that people crying, "Oh Space is a terrible admin he should be gone waaah" wasn't the reason that made me quit. I gave up hundreds of hours of my life to adminning as well as I could, and I don't care about the people who didn't like it.

I feel the same way about playing Security. I hear "Shitcurity" at least once a round, but I know I do a damn fine fucking job following the Security rules. I follow Space Law to the best of my ability and often just let people go free if they aren't being fuckwads or resisting arrest. I am a magnificent Warden, who imposes fair sentences, and a stellar Head of Security, because I fight to the death to save people, often when I could just run to a pod and cower.
It's a job. Some people won't like how you do it. Fuck them.
He's fucking with us.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: February 02, 2013, 08:55:05 pm »

I'm sorry, but you were a shitmin. You and Applemaster are what gave Baystation a toxic reputation for having a crap admin team.
It's a free internet (for the moment) and I am entitled to my opinion, if you don't like that cry some more, the tears of someone getting called on their bullshit is sweet nectar.

Also Apollo station is still crap. Thought I'd give them another go tonight, spawn as detective.
Not much happens, except for getting in an argument with some uppity meddoc for wanting to use the medputer to match a DNA string (he seriously started bitching about needing a warrant. It's a corporate station, Nanotrasen OWNs you) for a while until some guy kidnaps a security officer. Brags about it over security channel and eventually announces where he stashed the officer. I'm the only one that goes to find and rescue him.
Tell security I've found him, kidnapper announces a moment later that he's looting the armory (I think he was trying to go for the LOLimCrAzY RP, he was a pink suited assistant)
Tell Sec to get him, no response. Go the armory, see he's welded himself in and armed himself with the ion rifle. Call for back up again, no response (turns out they were all too busy perma brigging the warden-turned-acting-captain for opening the armory and wearing the sec hardsuit  ::)).
Go back to the break room where luckily the CE and an engineer are stood (they carried in the acting captain's things), ask them to weld open the doors, the engineer follows.
Get back to the armory and see the guy had barricaded himself in with some walls. Engie unwelds the doors and the wall. The guy lasers the engineer in cold blood, I toss in a flashbang but one of the numerous lag spikes that round caught me in the blast, luckily the guy was stunned too.
We get up at the same time, I manage to grab my baton but he also gets out another laser. I get hit a couple of times before I manage to stun baton his face. Slap on the cuffs and start pulling. Job done(?)
He claims he has a bomb and starts counting down, not wanting to risk it I stun him again then run off a safe distance. There is no bomb so run back to him but he's managed to get up and darts back into the armory. He's trying to yacky sax around the tables so with lagging, and fed up with the chucklefuck, I pull out my STUN revolver and shoot him.
Not 5 seconds later - Admin PM: Why?

I mean really, they run off baycode so I'm sure they have the verbose asay combat messages, so the admin should've known the guy had already proven himself to be a violent threat. Why question something that was obvious logical IC escalation?
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166