Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166

Author Topic: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*  (Read 310788 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*
« Reply #2445 on: February 02, 2013, 11:28:50 am »

well one, DrPoo I fear you are the exception rather than the rule when it comes to bans. As for Freshmaniscoolman, that is somewhat a trollish move, brah.

What do you mean? That i am getting banned for my name rather than my actual performance?
I thought you got banned because that other guy accused you of ERPing?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: February 02, 2013, 11:31:16 am »

Not sure how you interpretted that as being banned for your name, but I meant that the simple majority of people DO NOT get banned randomly and unfairly.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: February 02, 2013, 11:33:01 am »

well one, DrPoo I fear you are the exception rather than the rule when it comes to bans. As for Freshmaniscoolman, that is somewhat a trollish move, brah.

He's not really that big of a exception. Which is my whole issue with BS12.

I mean. Fine. I understand if you want a super strict station where admins wield unchecked power and there is no rules to follow other then "whatever the admin on at the time wants."

I can actually understand that and why people would like that.

But when people, people just like you, who INSIST that that is not how it is. Who swear up and down that BS12 is like the other stations only with more RP and stricter rules. Who say that it is full of helpful and nice people. Who completely deny that there are issues with it when looked at from a traditional standpoint.

Basically. Lying.

That's my issue with BS12 at least. How super misrepresented it is. Because for the other parts, well, that's personal preference.

And as for the Trollish bit, if you were talking about him saying BS12 has nothing to do with B12. It really is true nowadays. Way more people from B12 play on the other stations. Very few people from BS12 even post on B12 anymore.

Pretty much this topic is the last thing linking B12 and BS12 together. It really seems fair enough to me to say they are not that related.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: February 02, 2013, 11:36:20 am »

I can insist that BS12 is not like that and not be lying because I have seen nothing like that on there. Ever.

All I have is anecdotal complaints posted on here that point towards BS12 being like how you say it is.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: February 02, 2013, 11:38:11 am »

Do you really think everyone is lying? I understand that most goonstation people are assholes and most TG station people are not much better.

But do you realllllllllly think that the thing that is pretty much common knowledge there is a lie?

Do you really think I am lying? Do you really think all the other bay12 people who play SS13 but not BS12 are lying?

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: February 02, 2013, 11:46:19 am »

I think that his point is that he only heard anecdotal evidence about this, which is not much good as far as evidence goes.
And that the anecdotal evidence he is given conflicts with the first hand experience he has with the server.

Spaceman96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: February 02, 2013, 11:47:17 am »

People who like BS12 should play on BS12, people who don't like to shouldn't play on it. I don't see why it needs to be a large flamewar about it.

As a former BS12 admin, I've stopped playing the server because of various things.

Personally, I don't see that much of a similarity between Bay12 and BS12 personalities.(!!Fun!! and such.)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: February 02, 2013, 12:05:13 pm »

Ya I can only tell it how it is, ive never encountered or witnessed any admin problems on BS12, as for the trollish thing I wasn't sure what he was doing the bay12 station thing, I guess I interpretted it wrong?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Wayward Device

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no dealings with the incarnations of gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: February 02, 2013, 12:09:01 pm »

I've been playing again after a many-month hiatus, mostly on Yog and Nox, and mostly as a Chaplain (as opposed to the old detective/sec/engi rotation I used to swear by) and been having a stupid amount of SS13 fun. Basically, as a non-antag Chaplain, I just wander around do my job. And my job is to RP being a priest of my chosen religion.

For example, as a devotee of Space Odin, I recently went to the HoP and gave him a whole long speech about how my religious obligations required me to be ready to die with blade in hand at all times, but I only possessed a null rod. He got the chef to give me a carving knife and I blessed him in Space Odin's name. I did actually die blade in hand that round, charging a horde of Space Spiders in the escape arm that were eating all the people running to the shuttle, although it was actually an energy blade that the HoS took from a traitor that I picked up from his corpse in the spider melee. My last act was to pray that Space Odin accepted me into Space Valhalla. Good times.

I also recently attended a trial of a rogue borg as a Space Shaman and spent the whole time heckling that it was a soulless machine and therefore it's testimony was inadmissible, while being shouted at by the Captain for being a savage. Of course, while the senior staff were wasting their time with the trial, brain rot spread through the station. 90% of the crew, including me, were infected and swarmed the medbay waiting room, demanding a cure. It was an utter shitfest, blood everywhere. And most hilarious of all, everyone was trying to hack the medbay doors to get at the cure, which didn't exist. Sec officers, the HoP, everyone was trying to save themselves. But with the massive crowding and jostling what happened was that every time someone tried to finish the hack and unbolt/unelectrify the doors they would pass out (either from shock or brainrot symptoms) and someone else would step forward to strip their tools, try and hack the door and pass out. Someone finally broke one of the non-reinforced walls behind the admissions desk and the spazing, dying hoard swarmed in, only to discover that the remaining med staff actually dealing with the plague by euthanizing everyone.

Lastly, and again as a Space Shaman, I managed to get a corrupt sec officer arrested and demoted. While ministering to the imprisoned, I'd seen him give a clown ten minutes for trespass, then demand his clown mask for a greatly reduced sentence. This corruption greatly offended the Space Spirits, so I got on the radio and gave a long sermon about how the corrupt officer has cheated on Lady Justice with that Vile Temptress, Greed, and how he was damned in the eyes of the Space Spirits. After a shift in public opinion, his corruption was punished.

Anyway, just thought I'd share some of my recent experiences and say that RP on servers that aren't specifically RP heavy can be very fun.           
or maybe Valve goes out of business because they invested too heavily in something which then fails - like, say, human civilization.
Alternatively, initiate strife to refuse additional baked goods, and then abscond.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: February 02, 2013, 12:19:33 pm »

Ya I can only tell it how it is, ive never encountered or witnessed any admin problems on BS12

Which has always been a thing that strikes me as odd. There seems to be two classes of people. People who dislike BS12 because of all the ridiculous stuff the admins do. And people who have never seen anything like it at all. There is no in between. I've never heard of anyone who that thinks admins can be a bit too much on BS12, but still likes to play there.

And the thing is. I have personally seen the ridiculousness of the admins there. I have never been the target of the admins being assholes. but I have certainly seen it. And I have certainly talked to plenty of people I think of as trustworthy, who have also seen it or even experienced it.

So where could the major disconnect be, because clearly there is one. I have no idea.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: February 02, 2013, 12:21:14 pm »

The spirit of SS13, i mean realy SS13 not sirius arpy 3000(wich i would enjoy if i didnt get banned for killing a guy as antag or in this case, some gullible fuck of an admin/corrupt admin doing friends favors banning me for something i never did)

back to the point.

The spirit of SS13 is the awful community, really.
And goonstation has gotten really much better.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: February 02, 2013, 12:28:27 pm »

And then I guess you have the third party of people. Who are assholes and hate BS12 not because of any real issues it has, but because it does not allow them to be assholes. But I was thinking we could ignore them for that conversation, as clearly they will always hate BS12.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: February 02, 2013, 12:52:38 pm »

I just came on for some slow paced gameplay, a bit of roleplaying and such.
Then i get banned for another persons ERP.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: February 02, 2013, 02:20:51 pm »

If you want slower paced RP, there's a third-party Baystation 12 server floating around somwhere that's stuck on extended. The problem I have with it is the small server population and the fact that no antags make SS13 soul crushingly boring.

I guess I understand that some people don't like being taken out of the game ten minutes in by a saber-wielding traitor lolling around the station, but the fact stands is that antag rounds are awesome. The best ones, in my opinion, are when the station goes to such deep shit that the admins do something crazy like initiating the Chaos Dunk/Space Kudzu x2 combo and create a glorious clusterfuck the likes of which had never been seen before.

I guess if you do want slower-paced RP, the options are still there.

But to me, the spirit of SS13 is giving evil monologues as changeling while absorbing the DNA of someone you plucked from the middle of a crowded hallway.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: February 02, 2013, 02:29:04 pm »

Part of me wants to play this game, part of me wants to stay out of the massive flamewars.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166