Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 166

Author Topic: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*  (Read 311015 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*
« Reply #2295 on: December 11, 2012, 03:59:24 am »

Pfff. I got the OOC chat locked last evening just by being there (quoth the admins "you ruin everything"). How much worse can it get?

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: December 11, 2012, 10:22:34 am »

I really don't know why you'd take a fun zanny game like SS13 and turn it into baystation.

Also Janitor, as well as being the hero in the station's time of need, makes the best stealth traitor too.
If anyone asks why you're in a restricted area you can just say the AI let you in to change a light bulb, and most people will believe you.
No one ever checks your trash bag, I once found a dead detective and kept his things in my trash bag. No one was the wiser.
If you get caught or people cotton on you can set off a foam grenade in your hand then dance a merry jig whilst in your golashes whilst your pursuers fall on their backside, ripe for an esword picking.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: December 11, 2012, 10:24:12 am »

Possibly because zanny isn't a word.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: December 11, 2012, 11:58:08 am »

I really don't know why you'd take a fun zanny game like SS13 and turn it into baystation.

Fix'd. Probably because, with no metagaming, you can pull off really epic bullshitting: yesterday, I had a objective changed (SSD target) to killing a medbot, as a Virologist.

I just charged him with a screwdriver (fuck, why didn't I pick EMP nades), got charged by the whole Medbay, shot the CMO with a syringe gun filled with three different viruses and more or less bullshitted my way out of being a Syndie, attempting to release an outbreak, assault and oh so much fun. That said, I almost got spaced for my antics by the medical staff. Fun times.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: December 11, 2012, 12:30:24 pm »

Also Janitor, as well as being the hero in the station's time of need, makes the best stealth traitor too.
If anyone asks why you're in a restricted area you can just say the AI let you in to change a light bulb, and most people will believe you.
No one ever checks your trash bag, I once found a dead detective and kept his things in my trash bag. No one was the wiser.
If you get caught or people cotton on you can set off a foam grenade in your hand then dance a merry jig whilst in your golashes whilst your pursuers fall on their backside, ripe for an esword picking.

Wait fuck you mean people enjoy something you don't? Well shit.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: December 11, 2012, 09:33:39 pm »

Whoa, cool down everyone. Just because he disagrees with some of BS12's administrative decisions, doesn't mean you have to ridicule him.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: December 11, 2012, 10:15:31 pm »

Whoa, cool down everyone. Just because he disagrees with some of BS12's administrative decisions, doesn't mean you have to ridicule him.
Yeah, seriously. This kind of attitude is part of why other SS13 communities dislike BS12.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: December 11, 2012, 10:45:34 pm »

Yeah. I agree with him too. I used to play BS12, but the admins (especialy Apples, sorry.) got a bit prickly and hostile towards criticism or even questioning in any form; which kinda turned me off SS13.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: December 11, 2012, 11:20:02 pm »

I'm... well... I'm a G4 man myself.  I like a bit of "wack" in my day.
But I figured I might want to try a heavier-RP server.  Also, I like this community, it would be fun to try some SS13 with you guys.
But I've never been able to connect to a server with more than five people on it.  Is that normal for Baystation, or is my timing just the absolute worst?
Or am I just looking at the wrong servers?

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: December 12, 2012, 12:07:52 am »

I'm... well... I'm a G4 man myself.  I like a bit of "wack" in my day.
But I figured I might want to try a heavier-RP server.  Also, I like this community, it would be fun to try some SS13 with you guys.
But I've never been able to connect to a server with more than five people on it.  Is that normal for Baystation, or is my timing just the absolute worst?
Or am I just looking at the wrong servers?

Wrong servers. We run at about 30-40 per day, at least from the standard US times. Not sure about European or Asian times, though we do have a sizable non-American playerbase.
Seriously?  Nice, that's a really good number.  I usually find myself playing only at certain times on G4, so that there are only about 30-35 people at once.
Where can I find the right servers?  Do they have a specific name on Byond, or is there a link somewhere?

OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2305 on: December 12, 2012, 10:24:59 am »

Yeah. I agree with him too. I used to play BS12, but the admins (especialy Apples, sorry.) got a bit prickly and hostile towards criticism or even questioning in any form; which kinda turned me off SS13.

Same here...I may have to check out Liberty Station though.  Goon/tg were too little RP for my taste.

Well, most of the staff are different now. Apples is... well, apples, so there's not much to do about that. But for the most part, they're all very nice, assuming you don't do things to piss them off like say things like how it doesn't make sense why people would put RP in SS13, since that's just a very, very biased opinion. Have you actually tried to get into the RP? It's rather intriguing when you change an entire mentality for the same game, and can get an entirely different experience.

Some people just don't like/get RP, and there's nothing really wrong or biased about it; it's just not their thing.  As long as people aren't coming into the server and fussing about RP, there's no reason for the f-bomb strikes.  BTW, is Spaceman still around?

KG

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: December 12, 2012, 10:34:42 am »

Yeah I can't RP to save my life hence why I play on gibbed as Carl Sagan or Franklin D Roosevelt though they be funny to RP as.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: December 12, 2012, 09:03:42 pm »

Uhh... where can I find the server?  Is it in the forum?  I checked the link to the forums on the first page.  For some reason, I can't connect to the server the forum links to.  I can get on Gibbed servers though, am I missing something?

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: December 12, 2012, 09:13:01 pm »

No, the RP-server nature wasn't what turned me off. I even said as much, but having a canned argument ready for people complaining about it tends to lead to "when all you have is a hammer" syndrome.
It was the phase they went through where even the traitor/whatever couldn't do anything that might interrupt the pseudo-Extended without it being a bannable offence (of course, it depended which admins were on).

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: December 12, 2012, 09:21:29 pm »

I'll just restate that RPing on gibbed servers is hilarious, though often you'll also find a good sport who will rp along with you. This 'gibbed does no RP' statement is as off as 'BS12 is no fun because too heavy on RP'. It's just easier for me to play a crazy assistant that communes with the space owls on Gibbed.
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 166