Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 166

Author Topic: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*  (Read 311226 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*
« Reply #1980 on: March 02, 2012, 12:33:53 am »

meh, if i ever feel like actually playing a real RP game ill hop on BS12, im pretty much done with goon and tg as the shit REALLY hit the fan with griefers on those ones.
We gotta get Red Dwarf back up and running (and fixed up) again. That was always a fun server/station. I recall there being a few issues with it, like the cloner not working, but that didn't make hopeless situations any less funny.

Like when I got super-overweight (and beyond drunk), in an attempt to lose weight, I took some mysterious drugs given by a fellow crewmember, and it knocked me out so hard, I could not be revived by normal means. Any time I woke up, I passed right out the next second. Since the cloner didn't work, I was turned into a brain in a jar controlling a machine that had a drinking disorder.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 12:38:23 am by Itnetlolor »

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1981 on: March 02, 2012, 02:03:09 am »

meh, if i ever feel like actually playing a real RP game ill hop on BS12, im pretty much done with goon and tg as the shit REALLY hit the fan with griefers on those ones.
We gotta get Red Dwarf back up and running (and fixed up) again. That was always a fun server/station. I recall there being a few issues with it, like the cloner not working, but that didn't make hopeless situations any less funny.

Like when I got super-overweight (and beyond drunk), in an attempt to lose weight, I took some mysterious drugs given by a fellow crewmember, and it knocked me out so hard, I could not be revived by normal means. Any time I woke up, I passed right out the next second. Since the cloner didn't work, I was turned into a brain in a jar controlling a machine that had a drinking disorder.

This sounds entertaining...was Red Dwarf another Bay12 associated RP server?

KG

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1982 on: March 02, 2012, 02:16:37 am »

This sounds entertaining...was Red Dwarf another Bay12 associated RP server?

KG
Yeah, and somewhat.

As far as I knew when I was playing, it was rather freeform. Unless decided to RP, then we RP'd. Otherwise, we just did a bunch of random things (and usually Traitor when there were enough people). Some of the bugs across the server made things unintentionally fun/ny. The lack of power was a cause of some bits of fun as well. I once was stealing a bunch of stuff from the bar's icebox until the power ran out and I lacked any means of manually opening the door. So I was stuck marinating myself with all sorts of wines I got my hands on until I got rescued. Sad to say, much of the time, nobody was even aware I was locked in a frozen coffin that was slowly warming up due to a lack of power. That is, until I had to OOC someone or use my radio to call for help.

I think some other times, before the server went kaput, I was going to scare off anyone heading into engineering by opening one of the spacesuit caskets, dress up in the suit, and stuff myself into the casket as well and wait patiently before someone decides to work in engineering, and go outside to work on the grid. Of course, that was also when activity on the server also started dying down.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 02:23:55 am by Itnetlolor »

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #1983 on: March 02, 2012, 06:19:55 am »

Aww yeah, i miss Red Dwarf.

The reason it was killed was because there just wasn't anyone playing it, i think. In the beginning there was a sorta tight-knit group of us, but eventually we just kinda slowly stopped, i guess because of the small playerbase (and possibly because we didn't really have any coders, hence half the stuff not working :P.). Most of the time (especially near the end), i'd join in to find no-one on, so i ended up just screwing around with adminfun (since i was an admin) and using the place as a sandbox, even occasionally setting up situations so that in the event some people joined there was something immediately available to RP with.

We did actually encourage good RP, but we were also fairly chill about it, sort of a step between BS12 and /tg/. /tg/-style shit wouldn't fly on there, but we still often goofed off a bit.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: March 02, 2012, 08:30:51 am »

Main thing that drove off the players was the old map got borked during an update to a newer /tg svn

Then the new map had several map bugs, like the cloner not working, or the fact that the singularity was too far from the collectors to generate power and all the solars were in one place (right behind the singularity chamber), so when the singularity inevitably escaped the station was well and truely fucked

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: March 02, 2012, 10:53:25 am »

Plus the person originally in charge of the server/code/map kinda disappeared out partway through, which meant that nobody could fix the bugs or improve the map or reboot the server.

Overall Red Dwarf was one of those good ideas that lacked in execution, which is a shame because it was the only server I ever really enjoyed.

Carlos Gustavos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: March 02, 2012, 12:03:42 pm »

Does anyone know of a European server? I think the transatlantic lag is putting me at a disadvantage. Eg in a boxing match with both my opponent and I standing still, my opponent hit me three times in the same time I hit him once, despite me clicking like a mad man.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: March 02, 2012, 12:29:48 pm »

I've found that /tg/ is actually quite fun.

I think all the servers have their places, BS12, /tg/ and Goon are all good fun in my opinion.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: March 02, 2012, 12:34:05 pm »

As far as I know, none of them are hosted in Europe though. BS12 used to be hosted there, but we moved to a server in the US for some reason.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: March 02, 2012, 02:04:26 pm »

I think all the servers have their places, BS12, /tg/ and Goon are all good fun in my opinion.
I agree. Of course I've been banned from Goon for at least a year, maybe two. My personal preference is /tg/, also. Didn't really like Red Dwarf very much at all, personally.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: March 02, 2012, 02:12:29 pm »

if anyone wants to direct me a good VDS host in europe i'd gladly move there.

or enough monney for a proper dedicated server
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: March 03, 2012, 09:45:20 pm »

I agree. Of course I've been banned from Goon for at least a year, maybe two. My personal preference is /tg/, also. Didn't really like Red Dwarf very much at all, personally.

Yeah, I am actually seriously enjoying Goon. I guess I got RP burn out. Also the lag was infinitely better than on Bay12 but this was months ago so I don't actually know what that's like now.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: March 03, 2012, 10:02:51 pm »

Oooh, awesome. I might come back along some time. It's been ages since I've actually RP'd. I remember last time I played, I was a rouge cyborg running around trying to avoid bomberman bombs the admin kept spawning. Fun, but a very different experience to Bay12.

SP2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: March 03, 2012, 10:06:32 pm »

A red cyborg? :P

I've been meaning to play this for ages. Anyone have any recommendations where to start?

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: March 04, 2012, 01:10:49 pm »

I just got the Baystation 12 code. How do I use it?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 166