Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 166

Author Topic: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*  (Read 311241 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*
« Reply #1950 on: February 26, 2012, 06:01:47 pm »

Well that's funny, because I find that the antagonists already have a stupidly easy time. Especially cult. No one questions you about your book, because it's suppose to be in a different language and they can't understand it. It's been played off as cookbooks, novels, bibles, ect.

I've seen a traitor say that she was a traitor because the syndicate held her family hostage. She asks the HoP to get her her objectives, he says yes, gives him self full access to get the items. Boring as hell. I heard this as the AI, tried to stop it, got job banned.

This is all made worse due to the emergency report that lists every possible thing that can go wrong, every game.

But the antags don't have it as easy, as killing people without having it as your objective is looked down upon.

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #1951 on: February 26, 2012, 07:17:51 pm »

I've always found that anyone who complains about metagaming is someone that can't stop themselves getting caught with a bag full of traitor gear.

Or they're a cultist that draws bloody symbols all over the station in plain sight and leaves them there for all to see (top tip, using your tome on the rune will remove it), then goes running around gibbering about nar'si.

Or that the crew is suddenly staging a mutiny, half the heads are dead, after reports of people getting flashed (and come on, photopic hypnosis can't be a simple technology, it must have been tested at some point)

I've said it before and ill say it again, you guys ditch all logical forethought just to give the antags an easy ride (and why should they have one?), and finally you apply modern day principals on a huge stinking megacorp based several astronomic units away from the next governing body (corps today don't give a crap about the guys at the bottom, its doubtful nanotrasen would mind if a few broken eggs fell out an airlock if it improved the bottom line)

All this makes BS12 a hugbox that screams 'my first RP environment'

edit: forgot to actually put something here.

You are very welcome to go elsewhere for your 2dee spacemen experience.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 07:19:27 pm by Cajoes »
Quote from: Roman Proverb
Do not argue against the sun. For it is a lot brighter than you are.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: February 26, 2012, 07:40:35 pm »

yeah, now that more competent admins are available and people arnt always going "OMG BAN HE" things are a bit better.

game still has easily twice minecrafts issue with griefers.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: February 26, 2012, 09:07:08 pm »

Baystation 12 hasn't changed as much as I thought :(. They just gibbed an assistant for helping the CE kill a blob.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: February 26, 2012, 10:52:03 pm »

Because the idea that fire is harmful to a blob is just impossible to arrive at ICly, right?

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: February 26, 2012, 11:50:07 pm »

sounds like they need to establish clearer lines between metagaming, and information.

however if hes ignoring admin PMs yes he will get banned.

leonheart11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: February 26, 2012, 11:52:48 pm »

There's also a huge section on the wiki about what is and isn't metagaming.

Hello, origin.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: February 27, 2012, 12:02:12 am »

hmm, haven't seen newer changelogs, got bored of the game after the number of griefing assistants gradually rose, even on TG and the other RP heavy servers.

i have read that section before, its a bit vague in some cases, however once again, admin PMs are not to be ignored.

meh, SS13 is a fun game, just suffers playerbase issues in some cases.

on an different note, is it just me or is traitor an overly common gamemode on goonstation?

leonheart11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: February 27, 2012, 12:25:00 am »

hmm, haven't seen newer changelogs, got bored of the game after the number of griefing assistants gradually rose, even on TG and the other RP heavy servers.

i have read that section before, its a bit vague in some cases, however once again, admin PMs are not to be ignored.

meh, SS13 is a fun game, just suffers playerbase issues in some cases.

on an different note, is it just me or is traitor an overly common gamemode on goonstation?
Traitor is non-existent pretty much, as in: During traitor: There's no difference. You'll be traitoring no matter what. De burmeen ees eh deeleeshus boorger! BORK.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: February 27, 2012, 12:27:45 am »

good point, i just meant that the actual gamemode 'traitor' is far too common, rev, nuke, changeling, wiz, and if i missed any, those too, are just far too rare.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: February 27, 2012, 01:31:10 am »

Isn't it metagaming to do what an admin PM says to do? Your in game character didn't hear that message, so why should he stop killing people who aren't his objective or whatever silly thing you're trying to stop him from doing?
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #1961 on: February 27, 2012, 01:42:44 am »

That's an exception. The admins are there to stop metagaming and griefing and shit, if an admin's telling you not to do something you damn well listen and change what you're doing. We're supposed to be RPing to make the experience enjoyable, if you're being an asshole and killing people you shouldn't be killing, that not really making it enjoyable is it?

Plus, it's not like the admins are giving you meta information, they're just getting you back on course.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 01:44:20 am by 612DwarfAvenue »
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: February 27, 2012, 01:59:24 am »

for traitors there is little restriction on what you can do, they rarely care if you dont get your objective. they DO care if you do your job (the one you supposed were hired for by NT) and never act like a traitor.

i had one smooth as hell traitor round once, i casually acquired a spacesuit by offering to become an engineer (they were understaffed).
I then procceded to bust into the HoP's office via space using the airlock below the bridge, emagged the comp, transferred the amount i was supposed to steal to my account.
upon arriving back at the station i dumped the suit, hid my ID, my engi item,s mugged an assistant for his stuff, ordered a fake mustache and put it on.
I withdrew the funds onto my card then put it back in the box in my backpack, just my other objective now, steel 5 pairs of insulated gloves. (why did whoever hired me need those?)
so i used my ID to get back into engineering, found the CE there, killed him, took his gloves, took the 3 spares left in the lockers. i now had 4, needed 5.
i wandered around for a bit, laughing as they found about the missing funds but couldn't figure who took em as i had the money on a card.
smoothly told a bunch of assistants some engineer attacked me, (i looked like an assistant remember.) they beat him up, i took his gloves. done.

as i waited for the impending shuttle i got a PM from an admin, "be exciting". the round had been slow, with the other traitors caught early, but i didnt have any items to help me 'be exciting.'

after telling the admin this he told me to go to a place, i found a portal and entered it. awaiting me was a weapon known as the 'fist of the robusters' and a portal to another room.

in the next room was lockers of weapons and armor (including eswords) that i stocked up on.

after a merciless rampage in which i slaughtered half the station i was disarmed by some random assistant, we then had a duel between him with the fist of the robusters and me with a esword.
he won, i criticly injured him. he died, my body was looted and i left the station a bit more bloody than when i entered it.

Space Station 13: the game of anti-climaxes

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: February 27, 2012, 02:14:31 am »

If you lose your mop as a janitor, can you get a new one?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: February 27, 2012, 02:16:57 am »

Admins try to prevent a slow round on Baystation12? I thought it was a hardcore RP no fun simulation.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 166