Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 166

Author Topic: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*  (Read 311287 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*
« Reply #1905 on: February 02, 2012, 01:32:30 pm »

I've changed the post text because it looked too daring :). I don't really think that there is a voting of some kind; the admins will probably decide it themselves.

However new ideas for equipment, machinery, gimmicks and stuff which I could sprite to increase my chances are always welcome!

Most of the stuff I've sprited is added to this picture. I've also made some fun stuff like mutants and suits and geiger counters:

But I want to make MORE, and I don't want it to be too random and far from the "nuclear reactor" theme :P.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 01:34:49 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: February 02, 2012, 01:41:27 pm »

The admins apparently love it when spiriters give them more hairstyles. They're super easy to implement and add a bit of spice to the game. Also, more variety in gibs?
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: February 02, 2012, 01:46:49 pm »

How is it related to nuclear reactor contest?

Anyway, I've just got an idea: a true horror of any nuclear reactor.

Actually I've sprited it really fast:

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: February 03, 2012, 11:24:01 am »

What's the magical exploit Gibbed QMs use to make money off of metal? I haven't figured it out.
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: February 03, 2012, 05:09:08 pm »

• Order metal sheets crates, as many as you can afford
  • Deposit metal in to General Manufacturer by the front desk
  • Remove the mauxite from the manufacturer (click on its name in the manufacturer window)
  • Put it in a crate and back on the shuttle
Repeat as necessary. It works because each individual sheet is a piece of mauxite, and each piece of mauxite is worth up to 30 space dollars.

Alternatively, make friends with the botanists.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: February 04, 2012, 02:32:34 am »

All botany ever cares about is the chef and virtual weed. It would be great if they ever paid attention to chemistry or Cargo Bay, but they don't.

Edit: How do you activate a singularity generator in a situation like this? I have no idea how to turn the sodding thing on, but I know it needs power and securing to the floor.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 05:22:17 am by klingon13524 »

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #1911 on: February 04, 2012, 05:59:50 am »

If you mean that beacon you can purchase as a Traitor, that doesn't actually generate a Singularity, what it does is attract the Singularity if it gets released from its shields. To use the beacon, you place it where you want the Singularity to make its way to, screwdriver it to secure it, and presumably free the Singularity :P.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: February 04, 2012, 06:47:26 am »

No, I'm talking about the singularity generator Engineering has on Gibbed. I scanned, constructed, and deployed it it (I was an electronicist), no traitor items involved.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: February 04, 2012, 07:46:30 am »

http://ss13.donglabs.com/index.php?title=Engine

Also, knew i forgot something. Was a Mime on Libertystation a day or two ago, decided to make this near the Escape Wing and Medbay.

The really funny part was, later on i reported the two Engineers who broke into the Medbay, they got their traitor asses arrested and so i was actually useful. Since by sheer luck i made that text right there outside the Medbay, i was able to point to it to rub the Captain's nose in it since just a bit before then he was an ass to me.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: February 04, 2012, 01:19:56 pm »

No, I'm talking about the singularity generator Engineering has on Gibbed. I scanned, constructed, and deployed it it (I was an electronicist), no traitor items involved.

You'll need to scan and set up all of the emitters and field generators as well, and then manually activate them which will most certainly get you killed unless you are extremely careful.

If you mean that beacon you can purchase as a Traitor, that doesn't actually generate a Singularity, what it does is attract the Singularity if it gets released from its shields.

I had no idea that this existed. Sounds very useful.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: February 04, 2012, 02:14:44 pm »

You'll need to scan and set up all of the emitters and field generators as well, and then manually activate them which will most certainly get you killed unless you are extremely careful.
That's something of a bummer, but I could still probably pull it off in the chapel.

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: February 04, 2012, 03:52:50 pm »

The last time I saw someone pull it off was really late at night on Gibbed 5 before it was shut down, so there were only like ten people and most of them helped. Good luck.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: February 04, 2012, 04:00:49 pm »

I almost did it with the help of one electrician that round. Perhaps I could program the AI to follow my orders, and tell it to activate the generator. Yeah, it's doable with a little help.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1918 on: February 04, 2012, 05:28:47 pm »

I haven't played on Gibbed, but I thought the emitters and field generators were only for containment?  Wouldn't you just need a particle accelerator firing at the singularity target (or whatever the ring-thing-a-ma-bob is called) to get one started?

KG

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: February 04, 2012, 06:30:47 pm »

You only need to emitter firing at the target to get it started and to make a small one (which by itself can do some respectable damage if you use a beacon to draw it through half the station), but i'm fairly sure that if you want to get the BIG Singularity, you need to keep it contained so the emitter can keep hitting it to make it grow, and then it'll eventually get too big to contain and will just free itself.
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 166