Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 166

Author Topic: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*  (Read 311286 times)

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
Re: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*
« Reply #1890 on: February 01, 2012, 08:05:06 am »

I didn't say anything along those lines, I'm sure the server is great if you're into hardcore roleplaying. I just shared my experience with the server.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1891 on: February 01, 2012, 09:50:51 am »

Well, whatever you say.

I don't appreciate people going onto our forums and quoting us out of context for whatever reason.

I believe I quoted full paragraphs; there wasn't much other context.  If you or Spaceman96 feel otherwise, please feel welcome to clarify the quotes I posted.

Personally, if publicly declared grudges are acceptable admin behavior over on Baystation12's forums, I can hardly blame BurnedToast coming over here to complain about it.  And if you feel it necessary to try and direct people to forums you control because conversations elsewhere turn into "BS12 is crap and admins are terrible", perhaps you all should be examining why that is.

As it is, I do play on BS12 occasionally, and I do enjoy the hard RP that the server supports.  I also recognize that the admin-ing on the server could use a lot of work.  I've seen admins ragequit because they didn't like the round vote, ignore others' RP that doesn't fit their notion of how the game should be played, and now apparently ban traitors for doing objectives.  RP is good, but too often on BS12 it seems to be at the cost of remembering that Space Station 13 is a game.

If members of the community wish to discuss pros or cons of playing on any particular server, that should be up to them, assuming they keep it civil.

Well put.  I've seen other game communities where admins of a particular mod or server feel entitled to have all discussion concerning it contained to their own personal forums.  It only results in a lot of pent up hostility and power tripping as criticism of the topic is quashed.  Project Reality for Arma 2 is a good example.  Somehow one of their admins is also admin on the main Bohemia Interactive forums, and the end result is that any topic that so much as breathes the words "Project Reality" gets locked. 

KG
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 10:24:45 am by kg333 »

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: February 01, 2012, 10:01:22 am »

Heh, I remember playing on BS13 back in the day. Two separate times, to be exact. It was pretty fun, and I did like the atmosphere, of roleplaying, etc. That being said, the first part of my experience was bit messed up. I believe it was back in the day when some admins were leaving, there was drama, etc. etc. I posted my opinion on the relevant thread, but was then assaulted via PM by someone who apparently fervently disagreed with my opinion, insulted me, etc. I can't say that I was right, but I don't believe I was entirely wrong, either. Whatever the case was, we fought back and forth on PM upon which I got sick of it, turned my back on BS13, and didn't look back.

The second part of my experience was better. Again, I liked the atmosphere, but I also felt a bunch of, well, 'RP' tension. It felt like, if I didn't do X exactly right I would get banned. Of course, it seems like this so-called 'RP' tension is much worse nowadays, since I do not remember anyone getting banned for killing someone if they were traitor/rev.

In short, BS13 was a fun server to me, but I think it's quite hard to get used to for the average SS13 player who traditionally played on other servers.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: February 01, 2012, 10:50:36 am »

I agree with everything you guys say, but we get a lot of stick for things that just don't happen.
People go around saying they were banned for running in the hallway, or for hitting someone. Those bans don't happen, and if they do we have an admin complaint forum that, by the way, is scarcely used.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

Spaceman96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: February 01, 2012, 11:09:33 am »

I do NOT act on grudges, but I do admit to having one for him saying my character is shittier than a time-travelling witchhunter. I go to extents to prevent myself from making biased bans, such as NEVER punishing if I'm the victim, generally I talk to the players, and generally I don't punish for first offenses. People forget that the admins are normal players, we're allowed to not like what the round is, we're allowed to not like features, we're allowed to not like players. We're NOT allowed to act on such feelings, and I've rarely seen an admin on BS12 do something based solely on feelings. So before you call us shit for having feelings and being upset when you insult us, please remember we aren't emotionless statues.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: February 01, 2012, 11:20:10 am »

To be fair to him, "worse than  time travelling witch-hunter" is a pretty good insult.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: February 01, 2012, 01:06:44 pm »

That is a real quality insult right there, actually. I think I might just teleport somebody to the thunderdome for an insult like that.

(THUNDERDOME)
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Duntada Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: February 01, 2012, 06:56:12 pm »

Dman you for showing me this game, I have gotten NOTHING done in the last 24 hours from the Baystation12 server. You have ruined my life in the greatest way possible.
Girlinhat: The biggest issue seems to be size.  A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: February 01, 2012, 08:00:13 pm »

For anyone keeping track at home, the situation has been more or less resolved. The admin was maybe a bit overzealous, but I was also mistaken about him being a target (he was a late joiner which I didn't realize, so while he *was* a head apparently that means he's not considered a required target by the game).

Also for the record, I never intended to say spaceman's character was shittier then a time traveling witch hunter, only that the level of disruption to the other players was higher since the witch hunter guy could be easily RP'ed around (and in fact, imo, would be fun to RP around). I guess I could have (and should have) been a little more clear with that.

And in fairness, even though a bunch of BS12'ers said they hate me (D:) I never realized it, they *do* keep it to themselves and it's not like they are constantly hating on me in-game or anything. I want to be clear I don't think they are biased in that way at all and that I think most of the admins I've seen are great.

Also so it's not completely drama related, damn I hope the remake hurries up and turns out good. SS13 is a strange and interesting game but BYOND is... not the best of platforms. The screenshots look great so far but even if the graphics were exactly the same it would be worthwhile if they can reduce the lag and sluggishness somehow. Anything else is just bonus points.

Edit: And also I need to put also and and in front of paragraphs less, damn.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 08:01:58 pm by BurnedToast »
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: February 02, 2012, 12:31:19 am »

I'm trying to run my own server to learn certain stuff about several jobs. I can run it fine, but for some reason, the game won't let me be an admin. Does anybody know why?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: February 02, 2012, 01:57:27 am »

I'm trying to run my own server to learn certain stuff about several jobs. I can run it fine, but for some reason, the game won't let me be an admin. Does anybody know why?
This should help.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: February 02, 2012, 02:56:29 am »

Thank you very much for that.

[EDIT] Does anyone know where I can get the code that the Facepunch server runs?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 02:58:26 am by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: February 02, 2012, 08:31:00 am »

I'm not entirely sure, but I believe Facepunch run a modified tg, much like we do. Your best bet if you want exactly what they have would be to ask, which they'll probably say no to, or just grab tg's code which is easily available I think.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: February 02, 2012, 01:19:00 pm »

SHAMELESSPLUG

I want Gibbed engine to look like this (click for a bigger version):

/SHAMELESSPLUG

P.S. There should not be plutonium rods in a reactor casing in the bottom right corner of CE office, it's my little fault in Photoshop :).

P.P.S. Anyway, I would like some suggestions which new equipment besides geiger counters could I sprite because I cannot think of anything good right now :).
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 01:30:00 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: February 02, 2012, 01:30:58 pm »

If my account on their forums wasn't permabanned, I certainly would vote you you.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 166