Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 166

Author Topic: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*  (Read 311430 times)

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
Re: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*
« Reply #1665 on: September 25, 2011, 10:05:15 pm »

snip
You weren't banned? That's awesome.
Yeah. I didn't kill anyone, so in the admin's eyes, I didn't do anything wrong. : D

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthulhu, the scariest Forgotten Beast of all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: September 25, 2011, 10:22:31 pm »

What server?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: September 25, 2011, 10:41:33 pm »

Well, he said /tg/. That's the name of the server, right?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthulhu, the scariest Forgotten Beast of all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: September 25, 2011, 11:24:45 pm »

I thought tg stood for "the goon stations". And I thought there were many of those... But honestly I don't know much about the servers, and I'm probably just an idiot.  :)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 11:31:17 pm by Urist Mcinternetuser »

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: September 25, 2011, 11:32:46 pm »

/tg/ is the 4chan board, and hosts /tg/station(s?). Goonstations are SomethingAwful SS13s. BayStation12 is the Bay12 SS13.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: September 25, 2011, 11:43:26 pm »

I just had about the best round of SS13 I've ever played as a pseudo griefer, on /tg/ station. I started the round as an engineer, and immediately got my tools, made some stungloves, and ambushed an officer by the chapel, stunning him, stripping him naked and stealing his ID/clothes, while handcuffing him to a chair in the dark. I used my newfound identity to claim a vast arsenal of weaponry from security, wearing his ID the entire time, and break into the armory via a side wall so no-one could see I didn't have a loyalty implant. I then staged an attack in two places at once, flooding the brig with N20 to divert security's attention while I broke into the HOP's office, stunned him, and took his ID to give myself a brand new, unique identity. I spent the rest of the round in godmode, with all access, weaponry, stungloves, the works. The entire time security is looking for me, and even set up blockades at the escape hallway to catch me if I try to slip through. I stunned, stripped, and humiliated the HoS, leaving him in the theater with a clown costume on, so this is understandable. I get through anyways by enlisting the help of the clown, and build him a mech to wreck havoc on the security officers. (There were bananas EVERYWHERE.) Just before the escape shuttle launches, I walk into the front part of the shuttle (The restricted part, where the heads and captain congregate.), whip off my mask, give a big ol' hello and a smile, and drop a chloral hydrate grenade, knocking them all out. They spent the remaining minute before the shuttle launched in schoolgirl costumes and handcuffed to their chairs. It was pretty sweet.
Once I did something like that, but it was a special admin event.

I was friends with the host, so he gave me cultist powers (/TG/station). I never intended to harm anyone, just research the wonders of Nar-Sie. The power went out, and the station was going to fuck. I was a geneticist, and there were bodies piling up. The equipment was down, so I could not clone anyone. I took the energy gun of a dead officer, and the ID of an engineer. I grabbed a toolbox, and all the station was my playground. I could have set off a singularity, blew up the escape wing, ANYTHING I wanted to. But I was content with experimenting with the monkeys. I shot off a few warning shots at some looters in Medbay, and scared them off. Security was alerted, and a detective and the HoS were called in. I welded the door shut, and killed the power to the doors from the APC. They tried prying the door open, to no success. They eventually started shooting at me, and with my grand skills I dodged all their shots. They were in yellow, and a few bystanders (The looters ready to continue business once I was gone) were red. They eventually gave up and let me have half time on the timer if I came out peacefully. I had nothing better to do, as the firefight killed my sacrifices, so why not? I came out, and walked with them to the brig. I spent the whole time whistling, and driving them mad because they could not figure it out. They eventually had the "OH SHIT" moment that they did not search me. They took my backpack and found the gun and the Arcane Tomb. They flashed the cell and locked me in a locker, planning what to do next. They both decided that they would open the locker and shoot me, so they dragged me to the gibbing room. They both had their guns out, ready to fire. They swung open the door and... I flashed them. The moronic bastards didn't know how to do their jobs, so I got my flash still. It burnt out on the detective (He had his thermals), so I had to shove over the HoS. I shoved them both over and took their ID's, and ran off naked. I grabbed a robotics suit, a utility belt, and a backpack. They searched the whole station looking for me, but without success. I grabbed the ID of a dead roboticist as well, and looted chemistry with my tools. I had a grenade of metal foam, one of explosives, and one of sulfuric acid. I grabbed a gas mask and casually walked to the escape wing.

The shuttle was called, and I walked around infront of their blockade for the whole ten minutes. The shuttle was about to leave, and the duo were walking to the shuttle as well. I threw my foam grenade in the doorway of the shuttle, and removed my mask. I laughed hysterically in their faces as they riddled my chest with holes. As I was going faint, I pulled the pin on the acid grenade. They had pulled out their batons at this point, and were electrocuting me to death. Their clothes were destroyed, and they were rolling on the floor in utter agony. I gave one last laugh before going critical and the shuttle leaving us all to die.

"Necro910 was the cultist!"
"Necro910 has survived!"

The whole crew was raging "BUT WE KILLED U! WTF IZ DIZ SIT I H8 U"

I laughed at them, "I was merely critical. Not dead, shitscurity."
I proceeded to point out the hundreds of mistakes they made, and they continued raging. I left, with a smile on my face and my book in the air.

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: September 25, 2011, 11:44:48 pm »

/tg/ is the 4chan board, and hosts /tg/station(s?). Goonstations are SomethingAwful SS13s. BayStation12 is the Bay12 SS13.
And Red Dwarf is the plucky young B12 offshoot that's trying for a more chaotic round structure than BayStation is willing to support.

/shameless plug
... and then it explodes!

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: September 25, 2011, 11:59:17 pm »

I've always thought of it like there were millions of mass-produced stations and you're assuming the role of an employee on one the day that the shit hits the fan.
Does SS13 recieve news besides Centcom's emergency alerts/warning about possible traitors, though?
Now I want the official backstory to be based on Centcom secretly using cloning and neural programming to mass produce stations and crew in varying configurations and shooting them into obscure areas of space with no real chance of escape. Then they just send along deliberately insane directives and dysfunctional equipment while the AI live streams a video feed from the station cameras back to them. Possibly as some kind of space-age America's Funniest Home Videos but with even less regard for the value of human life. Bonus points if those lucky few who make it out on the "escape shuttle" are immediately broken down and recycled into the next round of crew members.
... and then it explodes!

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: September 26, 2011, 12:01:12 am »

Uh, yeah. /tg/ is sort of a middle ground between Bay12 and Goon-station.
here ya go: http://tgstation13.servehttp.com/wiki/index.php/Community

It sorta goes like this from most strict to least strict:
Bay12 ---> Red Dwarf ---> /tg/ ---> GoonStation

I highly recommend both /tg/ and Red Dwarf; Red Dwarf if you prefer smaller matches or just like to fuck around with the various tools around the station, and /tg/ if you like large crazy matches with all sorts of things happening at the same time.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: September 26, 2011, 12:03:23 am »

I've always thought of it like there were millions of mass-produced stations and you're assuming the role of an employee on one the day that the shit hits the fan.
Does SS13 recieve news besides Centcom's emergency alerts/warning about possible traitors, though?
Now I want the official backstory to be based on Centcom secretly using cloning and neural programming to mass produce stations and crew in varying configurations and shooting them into obscure areas of space with no real chance of escape. Then they just send along deliberately insane directives and dysfunctional equipment while the AI live streams a video feed from the station cameras back to them. Possibly as some kind of space-age America's Funniest Home Videos but with even less regard for the value of human life. Bonus points if those lucky few who make it out on the "escape shuttle" are immediately broken down and recycled into the next round of crew members.
Or, they simply incinerate the survivors and grow up a new batch of clones. It would explain how everyone still has the same name, and often different positions, maybe as some sort of weird social experiment. (but SS13 is kinda already like that.)

Also, shameless double post.

Zaphod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: September 26, 2011, 01:32:25 am »

Whoa people talking about our server. Zaphod heart grew three sizes that day...
The only reason we play small matches is becasue we only get like 10-12 people on at our max. I think our biggest game was 15 people.
GET ON DEM STATIONS!

As for the scale of things I like to look at it like this

RP                                                                              Cahos
BS12--------Red Dwarf----------------------/TG/-----Facepunch--Goon
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 01:39:03 am by Zaphod »
I only play legends mode

I also play on the longest history setting for hard mode.

Googolplexed

• Bay Watcher
  • My avatar is of whitespace, Not the firefox logo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: September 26, 2011, 05:00:46 am »

Happy with 15ish people here

Any more and stuff becomes too hard to admin and have fun at the same time

Mistercheif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: September 26, 2011, 08:31:07 am »

*Woose's Adventures*

So that's why everywhere was filled with N2O!

Was that also the round where the AI kept getting reprogrammed, and at one it and the cyborgs were referring to everything as Adam?
If it was, I had some fun as AI.  Especially when somebody decided to get rid of the silly Adam laws, and forgot to/didn't know how to upload new laws.  So they just wiped them.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: September 26, 2011, 01:47:01 pm »

*Woose's Adventures*

So that's why everywhere was filled with N2O!

Was that also the round where the AI kept getting reprogrammed, and at one it and the cyborgs were referring to everything as Adam?
If it was, I had some fun as AI.  Especially when somebody decided to get rid of the silly Adam laws, and forgot to/didn't know how to upload new laws.  So they just wiped them.
I think it was also the round I tried to turn you into a cat, but failed. >.>

Kearn

• Bay Watcher
  • insert witty tagline here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: September 27, 2011, 10:32:56 am »

i remember my third round as an assistant

i smashed a reinforced window with a fire extinguisher then started hitting an electrified grille with it

somehow it sparked and set the station on fire

i don't know
i like goats
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 166