Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 166

Author Topic: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*  (Read 311431 times)

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthulhu, the scariest Forgotten Beast of all.
    • View Profile
Re: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*
« Reply #1650 on: September 25, 2011, 06:43:19 pm »

A good reason to grab internals equipment: You are in space. There is no air outside. Can you breathe without air if someone brings the outside to you?
Can we just leave it at that? That makes sense.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: September 25, 2011, 06:44:50 pm »

A good reason to grab internals equipment: You are in space. There is no air outside. Can you breathe without air if someone brings the outside to you?

Why is someone putting the air outside inside?

Why is everyone so paranoid that this miracle of science... this Spacestation 13 would fail? It never has before in all its years of service.

Can we just leave it at that? That makes sense

It makes sense in a modern perspective... not so much in the Spacestation 13 perspective.

Though by all means drop the subject... I don't quite think we are getting anywhere from either perspective.

Both from my: "Just admit it, it is metagaming!"
and Your: "Your being illogical, it is roleplaying!"

Unless one of us steps up our game this is really just a "Yes", "No", "Yes", "No" conversation mostly
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 06:47:13 pm by Neonivek »

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: September 25, 2011, 07:19:10 pm »

I think that unless Nanotrassen hides the fact that most of their ships blow up, it would make sense for it's crew to have emergency oxygen supply.
Also all that is between you and death is some metal and glass, I think they would train you to always be prepared, as opposed to telling you to "Relax, don't worry about it".

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: September 25, 2011, 07:23:05 pm »

I think that unless Nanotrassen hides the fact that most of their ships blow up, it would make sense for it's crew to have emergency oxygen supply.
Also all that is between you and death is some metal and glass, I think they would train you to always be prepared, as opposed to telling you to "Relax, don't worry about it".

What is funny is that the Space Station uses magical ordinary glass... magical in that it resists the vacuum of space but not anything else.

Also most of their ships don't blow up unless of course the game involves an infinite number of space stations and you happen to play each one (rather then... you know... the one station ever)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: September 25, 2011, 07:24:10 pm »

I like to think that the characters have been around each other for some substantial period of SS13's operation.

Thus, everyone knows exactly what a bunch of fuckups everyone else is.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: September 25, 2011, 07:27:29 pm »

I like to think that the characters have been around each other for some substantial period of SS13's operation.

Thus, everyone knows exactly what a bunch of fuckups everyone else is.

Mack: "Hey Bill, why are we deciding now to get an air tank?"
Bill: "Did you see what they are serving for lunch?"
Mack: "So will that be one or two?"

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: September 25, 2011, 07:27:46 pm »

I've always thought of it like there were millions of mass-produced stations and you're assuming the role of an employee on one the day that the shit hits the fan. So it would make sense for the crew to know about one of those other hundreds of stations that got destroyed by syndicates/traitors/wizards/malfunctioning AIs/meteors/zombies/whatever and be prepared enough to grab an oxygen tank.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 07:35:26 pm by trees »
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: September 25, 2011, 07:29:30 pm »

I've always thought of it like there were millions of mass-produced stations and you're assuming the role of an employee there the day that the shit hits the fan. So it would make sense for the crew to know about one of those other hundreds of stations that got destroyed by syndicates/traitors/wizards/malfunctioning AIs/meteors/zombies/whatever and be prepared enough to grab an oxygen tank.

It gets to the point where that could make an arguement for how you can't metagame.

"Why did you shoot that man?"
"He was the Traitor"
"How did you know he was the traitor?"
"Because he is wearing the wrong kind of gloves. Exactly what the traitors tend to do"
"Thats metagaming!"
"No, that is my character reading the news about all those stations blown up by traitors wearing the wrong kind of gloves"

Mind you I am saying that in a joking tone :P

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: September 25, 2011, 07:31:16 pm »

Does SS13 recieve news besides Centcom's emergency alerts/warning about possible traitors, though?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: September 25, 2011, 07:32:58 pm »

Does SS13 recieve news besides Centcom's emergency alerts/warning about possible traitors, though?

Does SS13 ever recieve false news about possible traitors?

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: September 25, 2011, 08:45:28 pm »

Yes. I believe malf AI's can screw with the news

But you meant for us to say no, correct?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: September 25, 2011, 08:49:58 pm »

No I was just wondering. I was curious if there was ever a Paranoia mode where they just SAY there is a traitor and watch the game delve into madness as they try to find them. Possibly with a accident that is programmed to happen.

It is like that episode of Salem the Teenage Witch where they go to that Pioneer village where everyone is given a peice of paper saying they are a villager. They are told that one person recieved the "Witch" paper and a whole trial is started.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: September 25, 2011, 09:30:06 pm »

No I was just wondering. I was curious if there was ever a Paranoia mode where they just SAY there is a traitor and watch the game delve into madness as they try to find them. Possibly with a accident that is programmed to happen.

It is like that episode of Salem the Teenage Witch where they go to that Pioneer village where everyone is given a peice of paper saying they are a villager. They are told that one person recieved the "Witch" paper and a whole trial is started.
I was on one of these not long ago, actually. Secret on /tg/station has Extended in the rotation, so when everyone finally made it off the station and found out it was extended all were surprised. Of course, random events help a lot.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: September 25, 2011, 09:33:04 pm »

I just had about the best round of SS13 I've ever played as a pseudo griefer, on /tg/ station. I started the round as an engineer, and immediately got my tools, made some stungloves, and ambushed an officer by the chapel, stunning him, stripping him naked and stealing his ID/clothes, while handcuffing him to a chair in the dark. I used my newfound identity to claim a vast arsenal of weaponry from security, wearing his ID the entire time, and break into the armory via a side wall so no-one could see I didn't have a loyalty implant. I then staged an attack in two places at once, flooding the brig with N20 to divert security's attention while I broke into the HOP's office, stunned him, and took his ID to give myself a brand new, unique identity. I spent the rest of the round in godmode, with all access, weaponry, stungloves, the works. The entire time security is looking for me, and even set up blockades at the escape hallway to catch me if I try to slip through. I stunned, stripped, and humiliated the HoS, leaving him in the theater with a clown costume on, so this is understandable. I get through anyways by enlisting the help of the clown, and build him a mech to wreck havoc on the security officers. (There were bananas EVERYWHERE.) Just before the escape shuttle launches, I walk into the front part of the shuttle (The restricted part, where the heads and captain congregate.), whip off my mask, give a big ol' hello and a smile, and drop a chloral hydrate grenade, knocking them all out. They spent the remaining minute before the shuttle launched in schoolgirl costumes and handcuffed to their chairs. It was pretty sweet.

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: September 25, 2011, 09:44:30 pm »

snip
You weren't banned? That's awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 166