Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 166

Author Topic: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*  (Read 311419 times)

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
Re: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*
« Reply #1635 on: September 24, 2011, 11:06:37 pm »

He specifically tells you not to cut back on road funding, because you will regret it.

And then you do.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Lorak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: September 25, 2011, 12:40:29 am »

Back when those explosive implants were prevalent, traitor RD meant instant victory.

"Hey, please come get your death tracker implants."

I have a screenshot of you doing that to me once, back when I used to make a new name/character every time I died.

I was Captain Richard Richardson.  Probably my shortest life ever, as I don't think I had even left the bridge yet.  XD

Hey Death alarms are ready!
Sweet, shoot me up!
Boom!

On a side note, we totally need to nerf them back down to that level.  At some point I guess someone decided to beef them up for some reason, and their explosion is rather large these days.  :-/

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: September 25, 2011, 09:07:44 am »

Back when those explosive implants were prevalent, traitor RD meant instant victory.

"Hey, please come get your death tracker implants."
I'm pretty sure Iamlegend read your post and used this against me yesterday. :/
The resulting explosion took out the library and escape pod A.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: September 25, 2011, 02:15:13 pm »

Always check the implant first I learned that real quickly form a traitor RD.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: September 25, 2011, 02:18:23 pm »

Always check the implant first I learned that real quickly form a traitor RD.
Great meta-gaming.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: September 25, 2011, 02:19:48 pm »

I know.
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: September 25, 2011, 02:20:50 pm »

Metagaming is part of this game at this point

I mean... just look at the number of people who pick up air masks.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: September 25, 2011, 02:50:02 pm »

and airtanks and tool belts with a full set of tools and everything else thats remotly useful.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: September 25, 2011, 03:09:47 pm »

and airtanks and tool belts with a full set of tools and everything else thats remotly useful.

But it isn't part of standard equipment. In fact you can only find them by going out of your way to find them.

Your justification for such actions only shows that part of metagaming is so widely accepted because of how horrible it is to go without it.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: September 25, 2011, 04:47:23 pm »

First thing I do pretty much always is procure a gasmask, two air tanks, and a tool belt with full set of breaking and entering equipment.

I think this says more about my general playstyle than my desire to metagame. <_<

However, the fact remains that if you don't have at least a crowbar and a screwdriver, you're utterly fucked when things start going pear-shaped.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: September 25, 2011, 04:50:03 pm »

It can be justified by the fact that every station ends up getting blown to shit.

I'm fine with everyone getting airtanks and such, but utility belts are kinda asking for trouble. I mean, only engineering is supposed to have them, but everyone rushes to get one.  :P

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: September 25, 2011, 04:53:13 pm »

I think this says more about my general playstyle than my desire to metagame. <_<

It would probably fall under acceptible metagaming anyhow since even the admins don't care about it since, as you said, you would be completely be out of options if something went wrong (and it will as is the design of the game) and you lacked it.

No one "desires to metagame" so to speak. It is more that you desire to play the game and not die, as you would be guarenteed to do, after a set point in the game.

It can be justified by the fact that every station ends up getting blown to shit

You mean that one station that is the exact same station every game? I guess... if this was some sort of Groundhog day type setting.

The ONLY justification in my head for procuring those objects, when it isn't your job, is that the station is HORRIFICALLY built and even things like Space Junk would cause trouble... but that is also flimsy (and is also one of the least popular scenarios)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: September 25, 2011, 05:22:13 pm »

It can be justified by the fact that every station ends up getting blown to shit

You mean that one station that is the exact same station every game? I guess... if this was some sort of Groundhog day type setting.

The ONLY justification in my head for procuring those objects, when it isn't your job, is that the station is HORRIFICALLY built and even things like Space Junk would cause trouble... but that is also flimsy (and is also one of the least popular scenarios)
As I said, only airtanks. Many servers you actually START with them, and they are important. You could say it is NT protocol or some such, but it doesn't really matter. It is generally good to have an airtank in case of emergencies, even from an IC point of view.

There are other servers and stations (Luna is a different place than Goon and /TG/ stations, and vice versa), and most servers and stations are blown to shit. Traitors and meteor showers are a daily occurence in SS13, so always have an emergency plan  ;D

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: September 25, 2011, 05:26:17 pm »

Traitors and meteor showers are a daily occurence in SS13, so always have an emergency plan 

So you give me a GOOD reason that doesn't involve metagaming... Then you give me a metagaming reason? :P dang it.

This is sort of reminding me when people try to convince you that they arn't cheating, when they are...

There is nothing wrong with metagaming in a game where everyone accepts it as part of the game. It just becomes part of the game. If the game says everyone grabs airtanks, even if they are behind a security door out of the way and far away from any place that could REALLY use them, then that is just how the game works irregardless.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: September 25, 2011, 06:29:42 pm »

A good reason to grab internals equipment: You are in space. There is no air outside. Can you breathe without air if someone brings the outside to you?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 166