Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 166

Author Topic: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*  (Read 310747 times)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Re: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*
« Reply #1500 on: September 18, 2011, 07:53:56 pm »

what does everyone here think sums up a good SS13 experience?
Ah.

When traitor assigned to kill, killing with style is oh, so fun! Put a signaler in a door on the electrify wire, and fill the room with plasma whilst the target is inside (Can be done with signalers and plasma flasks, too I believe). Electrify the door and let the person blow themselves up.

Or maybe make a small explosive from toxins or chemistry, and unscrew the inner window and grill leading to space in the main hallway. Put the proximity bomb where the grill was, and reinsert the grill and window back. Ask the target to come past the area (Fabricate a reason. If you're the RD, ask him to fill out paperwork stating "Borg or Clone?". If you're assassinating the RD, ask him to come over to discuss your research legalities or safety procedures) and let him detonate the bomb while you are on the other half of the ship. Let him be sucked into space and be unable to taddle. So many choices, so little time... BAHAHHAHHHAHAHH

I enjoy my job too much, huh?  :-\

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: September 18, 2011, 08:02:13 pm »

what does everyone here think sums up a good SS13 experience?
Ah.

When traitor assigned to kill, killing with style is oh, so fun! Put a signaler in a door on the electrify wire, and fill the room with plasma whilst the target is inside (Can be done with signalers and plasma flasks, too I believe). Electrify the door and let the person blow themselves up.
Oh, man, I need to try this. The great thing about being here at Bay 12, all of us are hollow shells of what could've been real people so stuff like this comes naturally.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: September 18, 2011, 08:06:10 pm »

Personally I prefer not having a concrete backstory.

This leaves things completely open for people to improvise and come up with whatever they want in a round.

It is, except when bans are involved.

Mind you... what do you do if your, for example, me and you will NEVER be the traitor?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 08:13:36 pm by Neonivek »

Lorak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: September 18, 2011, 08:16:16 pm »

This leaves things completely open for people to improvise and come up with whatever they want in a round.

It is, except when bans are involved.

Mind you... what do you do if your, for example, me and you will NEVER be the traitor?

People generally don't get banned for talking about things that happened in the past within the company / universe.  ???

Also, I have no idea what you just asked.

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: September 18, 2011, 08:17:11 pm »

"Improvising" seems to be how a lot of people end up getting banned on Baystation :P

Lorak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: September 18, 2011, 08:19:00 pm »

Right... let's just take this conversation straight back to the direction you guys claim you don't want it to go in.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: September 18, 2011, 08:23:52 pm »

"Improvising" seems to be how a lot of people end up getting banned on Baystation :P

Yeah. Running and shooting seems best (compared that it is the VAST majority of what the Traitors do... the other is spiking the air supply, which is so dirt common most players just immediately go get an air supply... metagaming or not... though given how easy it is for a station to have a cataclysmic disaster where the ship won't have oxygen I guess it makes sense.)

Though if I was the traitor what I'd do is plant an explosive at the engine, then plant an explosive on the area that goes to the escape route. Then leave myself.

I can't help it... I am simple.

let's just take this conversation straight back to the direction you guys claim you don't want it to go in

It is just one person. Plus frankly Baystation12 is FAR from unique in that sense to the extent where I'd just consider it an example.

It is important to remember that your "creativity" may not be appreciated by all Admins.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 08:26:42 pm by Neonivek »

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: September 18, 2011, 08:26:08 pm »

That said, I feel that any further discussion of this matter should be at least be civil and polite, as well as your choice of:
1) Brief and Spoilered (if we're willing to treat each other like thoughtful human beings instead of Enemies of the State, we should be able to conduct a reasonable discussion instead of throwing our shit at each other and smearing it all over the walls like we're on GoonStation);
2) In a PM (ESPECIALLY if you're concerned something you're saying may be inflammatory to some people)

Also, no answers on my lag question? Sadface. It's pretty much keeping me from playing at all.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: September 18, 2011, 08:27:45 pm »

Let me take a crack at changing the topic.

Whats your favorite profession, and why?

Mine personally is always changing, though I believe I stuck with HoS for a while. Security always seems lacking when I play, so I try to shape things up and make shifts, security records, and so on.

Pand: Most, if not all people have lag. I'm probably the worst of all of you, with a 2 second lag.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: September 18, 2011, 08:30:49 pm »

Captain. All access, king of the station, you can do any job, really. Ask somebody for something and they'll give it to you probably, if someone dies off you can take their spot. I usually find myself working alongside Security or whoever is relieving disaster areas. If you get insanely bored, you can swipe some supplies from EVA and go explore space.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: September 18, 2011, 08:32:41 pm »

Probably Security... In most games I play they are the only ones who are allowed to do anything about the vast majority of events that can befall a station.

I mean, what does an engineer do when something happens? Engineer
What does a security guard do when there is danger? act!

Mind you I don't really have an established favorite and because I don't know how to play well I am usually stuck with chores (engineering chores)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 08:35:58 pm by Neonivek »

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: September 18, 2011, 08:35:30 pm »

For me...

Chemist? Scientist? Depends on which server.

Bay12: Chemist, maybe.

/TG/: Scientist

Goon: Scientist and Miner

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: September 18, 2011, 08:40:40 pm »

I swear to god, I'm the only person on Gibbed #4 with their most preferred job set as "Captain" and "Be Captain?" set to "yes"

CompactNinja

• Bay Watcher
  • From space!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: September 18, 2011, 08:40:59 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As for my favourite job?
Roboticist.
Whilst I have ~10 characters, I've always loved making them cyborgs the most. :D

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: September 18, 2011, 08:50:21 pm »

As for the backstory, the simple backstory is that Space Station 13 is a station built by Nano Trasen for the purpose of researching the rare substance plasma. I think the original backstory is it's built orbiting a gas giant rich in plasma or something. The syndicate is an umbrella organization made up of essentially everyone who hates nano trasen and wants to do something about it.
 Anyway, plasma is the name of the game, except it hasn't had any purpose except for exploding since the ancient switch from the giant plasma combustion engine which was very fun, able to be opened into the hallways and such, though at some point something in the atmos code caused it to become a lag bomb.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 166