Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 166

Author Topic: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*  (Read 311008 times)

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
Re: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*
« Reply #1245 on: June 23, 2011, 03:36:54 pm »

It certainly helps that some admins are more willing to let silliness happen than others. As rare as I play BS12 now, if I ever see Caco on, I leave straight away. I still have a sec ban from March when he refused to believe both that I'd thought I hadn't put Sacid in my pen, when I had the damn sacid beaker in my pack, and that I'd thought it only delivered 15 units at a time.[/rant] On the other hand Wrong does all sorts of silly crap. And the music. Oh god the music!

Is Caco still on the server? I haven't been there in a little while, but I remember Caco would frequently go on ban rampages, even smacking down long time players for minor infractions. A massive portion of the ban appeals forum were from people who claimed to have been banned by him, and he would never post responses there. Often, other admins had trouble finding the reason for a ban he had laid. I remember him sec banning me for defeating the traitor in a gun fight at  one point. I honestly think he enjoys using the admin commands more than he does actually playing.

EDIT: Searched his name on the BS12 forum to see if Caco was still around, and I also remember now that back in 2010, when we were on the ring station, he used to ignore my adminhelps when I complained about being consistently beaten for no reason by security, and then send me vigorous warnings whenever I smacked a guy during an arrest.

Sounds like a complete douchebag.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: June 23, 2011, 06:50:09 pm »

...if I ever see Caco on, I leave straight away.
...even smacking down long time players for minor infractions.

Heh, even when I left when I saw him I still got banned by him. I was bypassing job bans though, which apparently was a permaban offense. I got smacked down by him a lot though... a 3 month for suiciding when I have to leave the game? Sheesh. Oh well. To each his own.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: June 23, 2011, 10:19:49 pm »

A suicide is far less dramatically satisfying than a braindead man in a chair.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: June 23, 2011, 10:22:35 pm »

It does tie off the loose end. Nobody calls for a captain who's not playing and is dead. But nobody stops calling for a captain who's just not playing.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: June 23, 2011, 10:24:22 pm »

I was being sarcastic.
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: June 23, 2011, 10:44:20 pm »

I was CE... and the only engineer on the ship. Part of me figured if I died they would be forced to make a new CE to run the engine.

Thought process at the time:
I die - Find body - Failed clone - No other engineers - New CE - Engine works - Round not over in 10 minutes

This is what "should" have happened. The alternative was this (as far as I know):
I go braindead - Get put in hospital - Treatment doesn't work (How can it?) - No engineers appointed - Captain gets bogged up with job - Engine explodes - !!!!ESCAPE PODS!!!!!
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: June 23, 2011, 11:22:45 pm »

At which point you have to wonder why being banned for leaving the game is acceptable.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: June 23, 2011, 11:40:58 pm »

Its absolutely ridiculous to have no tolerance for someone leaving.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: June 23, 2011, 11:45:16 pm »

We don't ban people for leaving the game if they let everyone know in OOC, at least when I was around.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: June 24, 2011, 12:46:39 am »

We don't ban people for leaving the game if they let everyone know in OOC, at least when I was around.
That shouldn't even be an issue. Bans should be used in cases of intentional grief, definitely not in cases when people want to stop playing. What if the person even had an in-game reason for suicide?

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: June 24, 2011, 01:37:41 am »

That shouldn't even be an issue. Bans should be used in cases of intentional grief, definitely not in cases when people want to stop playing. What if the person even had an in-game reason for suicide?
I know. Like I said, as far as I remember that was never an issue.
Although to be fair I haven't been on in quiet a while so some things might have changed.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: June 24, 2011, 05:26:06 am »

Mono was banned because cumulative violations.

Edit: Also stop listing to the butthurt banned person.

I suggest you check out it again and see it for yourself.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 05:28:20 am by head »
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: June 24, 2011, 09:04:34 am »

I'm gonna join again when I take a break from studying.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: June 24, 2011, 11:16:46 am »

Mono was banned because cumulative violations.

Edit: Also stop listing to the butthurt banned person.

I suggest you check out it again and see it for yourself.
I know I was banned for accumulative reasons, but some of those reasons were brought on by bans that wouldn't have happened two or three years ago. The reason I was perma banned officially is because I bypassed job bans... (or at least that's what set Caco over the top) which were all set because I suicided as CE. I now know that bypassing job bans is wrong (when you actually think about it... how could it even be right?), but all I thought was that the ship lacks a HoP and arrivals is getting bogged up on assignments, time to take the unsavory job, Cap make me HoP. Frequent bursts of IC in OOC, I'm sorry, but that's just crap. I don't have to worry about an unban now, so I'll just out and say it. It's crap. The only time I "IC in OOCed" was when it was, say, sandbox, or at the very end of the round AFTER the shuttle has landed at CentCom. The only time I ever IC in OOCed where it could be considered wrong when we had a murderer on extended running around killing everyone or other extenuating circumstances. No admin was present, and the round everyone had spent 2+ hours on was going to crap because we hadn't bothered with security, so I just said "Hey, I know it's a bit IC in OOC but someone here is greifing a lot of people." and that was it. Metagaming? Yeah, I did it occasionally, but honestly, I think we all do. Our server just doesn't (or didn't) have enough people on to scrape by without a little metagaming. When rounds can sometimes completely lack engineering or medical personnel it gets hard not to.

Now I know that this isn't an unban appeal or anything, but all of this brings me to a point. Y'know back when, when a lot of people were all like "OMG THE COMMUNITY IS GOING TO SHIT!!!111!!11!"? It wasn't the community. People (specifically new admins) were just changing ideals to a more strict roleplaying policy. A little metagaming wasn't such a big deal if it was necessary for the round to not just standstill. If, say, you have no engineers and you are on the donut, and a window blows out in the giant hallway that connects everything... somebody fixes it despite the fact that nobody is supposed to know engineering. IC in OOC was frowned upon, but it called for OOC being muted by admins instead of the IC in OOCer being banned forever. This isn't necessarily a bad change, it's just a change. Sadly some people have issues getting used to it, and others thrive on it. Anyway, /tg/ seems like a better place for someone like me... at least as long as they don't have 60+ people on the server. It may not be as much roleplaying as I'm used to, but at least I don't have to get worried about being banned for suiciding. The goons is... just no.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 11:18:44 am by Mono124 »

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: June 24, 2011, 02:03:05 pm »

Mono. I've seen how many appeals you have. You were given at least half a dozen chances, and you blew them all.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 166