Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 166

Author Topic: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*  (Read 311013 times)

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
Re: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*
« Reply #1230 on: June 17, 2011, 03:15:30 pm »

Sadly, I've not had the chance to play a game on the BS13 server. Been having to make due with the goon servers. Not enough roleplay for my liking (though still very fun). Though I have noticed that when I'm playing and get into my role that people interacting with me tend to lean that way. It's like I'm a disease of win.

/tg/ station is fun for mid level roleplaying
Thank you based dwarf.

Frostbite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: June 18, 2011, 09:51:39 am »

heh , i would love to try and play this game again but looking at the lets plays and other tutorial type things never answer any of my questions .normally i would have someone just teach me the basics but no one i know plays this

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: June 18, 2011, 09:34:34 pm »

Sadly, I've not had the chance to play a game on the BS13 server. Been having to make due with the goon servers. Not enough roleplay for my liking (though still very fun). Though I have noticed that when I'm playing and get into my role that people interacting with me tend to lean that way. It's like I'm a disease of win.

/tg/ station is fun for mid level roleplaying
This. /tg/station's biggest pro is that the roleplaying is varied and exists on an individual basis, with most players leaning towards roleplay of their own flavor. People tend to grow more insane as the station goes to shit which is all well and good, and I'd say /tg/station is a great compromise between the rare rp of goonstation and the ironhamfisted roleplay of bs12. Also, not to say that bs12 is bad in itself, but I keep returning to it every few months hoping it'll be the same server I loved when it was all johbson and googolplexed long before the code migrated to be goon-based, and instead find good code, good players, and good atmosphere, but tedious ironclad roleplaying rules which I find to stifle fun.
I'd definitely recommend playing a few rounds on each major server before deciding on the game, as there's a flavor of ss13 for everyone and whether or not any one server is good is definitely a matter of taste. All the servers have their own benefits, and they're all good in their own ways.
heh , i would love to try and play this game again but looking at the lets plays and other tutorial type things never answer any of my questions .normally i would have someone just teach me the basics but no one i know plays this
Just start playing and run with it. Like any game it's just a question of finding out what happens when you click or press something, and it's no daunting task in the case of ss13.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: June 18, 2011, 10:36:15 pm »

Heck if Baystation 13 had WAAAAY better controls, faster gameplay, ways to get non-importants involved, and less of a steeeep learning curve... I'd jump on and play it right now.

I've played and was basically trapped in the engineering room the ENTIRE time... and then was dragged to the escape ship when I fell unconscious.

Why don't I get a break?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 10:40:02 pm by Neonivek »

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: June 18, 2011, 10:55:54 pm »

I continue to be irritated at BS12's casual roleplaying atmosphere.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: June 18, 2011, 11:02:26 pm »

Wouldn't you have to be the ultimate casual roleplayer to find roleplaying someone who sits in a bar all day and gets NO customers fun?

It wouldn't be a problem if the interface wasn't horrible I guess. Then people could radio mission control and go "Taking my union break" or better yet "I quit!"
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 11:08:27 pm by Neonivek »

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: June 18, 2011, 11:39:00 pm »

This reminds me of the old Warcraft 3 era Parasite-esque maps, especially traitor mode. Too bad I have a great dislike of Byond's interface after having tried a few games made with it.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Cyahnidde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: June 19, 2011, 06:18:03 pm »

I was playing this last night. I had no clue what a revolutionary way, some guy recruited me, and i turned him into the captain. He was pissed.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: June 21, 2011, 03:44:00 am »

It can be a bit wonky at times, I agree, especially when the definition of 'within the rules' is 'not pissing me off' and people start getting upset with eachother.

Heck, I usually have the most fun bludgeoning that Manfred Hayden guy with an air tank.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: June 21, 2011, 05:11:37 am »

I found both googolplex and johbson were way more strict then we are now.

And me aswell. but then again i don't admin anymore.

I suggest you check it again.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: June 21, 2011, 06:28:44 am »

I happen to agree that although we're not "strict" persay, we are pretty iron fisted, and it upsets me. Literally half my memories of the old code BS12 were doing slightly crazy things, and they were fun. I still have fun on BS12 now, to no lesser degree, it's just not the same sort of fun. However, as Rakonas says, it's not like you have to dedicate yourself and play on one server. I usually play on /tg/ and I have the occasional foray on gibbed too, because it's not treason or something.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: June 21, 2011, 12:10:05 pm »

It certainly helps that some admins are more willing to let silliness happen than others. As rare as I play BS12 now, if I ever see Caco on, I leave straight away. I still have a sec ban from March when he refused to believe both that I'd thought I hadn't put Sacid in my pen, when I had the damn sacid beaker in my pack, and that I'd thought it only delivered 15 units at a time.[/rant] On the other hand Wrong does all sorts of silly crap. And the music. Oh god the music!
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Evaristo Carriego

• Bay Watcher
  • Gelder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: June 22, 2011, 04:24:48 am »

BREAKING NEWS: The clown has been removed from goon servers!

Did they give any reason why?

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: June 23, 2011, 12:37:53 pm »

I saw a clunwe just yesterday, (totally not my fault) so they are still there to some extent.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 12:42:45 pm by QuakeIV »
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: June 23, 2011, 02:56:59 pm »

It certainly helps that some admins are more willing to let silliness happen than others. As rare as I play BS12 now, if I ever see Caco on, I leave straight away. I still have a sec ban from March when he refused to believe both that I'd thought I hadn't put Sacid in my pen, when I had the damn sacid beaker in my pack, and that I'd thought it only delivered 15 units at a time.[/rant] On the other hand Wrong does all sorts of silly crap. And the music. Oh god the music!

Is Caco still on the server? I haven't been there in a little while, but I remember Caco would frequently go on ban rampages, even smacking down long time players for minor infractions. A massive portion of the ban appeals forum were from people who claimed to have been banned by him, and he would never post responses there. Often, other admins had trouble finding the reason for a ban he had laid. I remember him sec banning me for defeating the traitor in a gun fight at  one point. I honestly think he enjoys using the admin commands more than he does actually playing.

On the other hand, when Wrongnumber starts playing music, I usually leave the session, because it is just aggravating.

EDIT: Searched his name on the BS12 forum to see if Caco was still around, and I also remember now that back in 2010, when we were on the ring station, he used to ignore my adminhelps when I complained about being consistently beaten for no reason by security, and then send me vigorous warnings whenever I smacked a guy during an arrest.

Still not as bad as one fellow who kept sending me PMs telling me what a bad player I was and how I should be bad, though. The problem with this game has always been with inconsistent rule-enforcing and a few power mad admins.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 03:01:00 pm by Grakelin »
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 166