Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 166

Author Topic: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*  (Read 311037 times)

Spaceman96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*
« Reply #1200 on: May 25, 2011, 01:30:42 am »

Except bread is referring to BS12 I assume, where the average round can last up to two or three hours, I would be incredibly angry if I spent all that type staring at a black screen.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: May 25, 2011, 06:10:59 am »

Like the Rouge MediBot Army incident...

I am chuckeling just thinking about it.

Please Cajoes, elaberate.

Also: If a traitor uses plasma instead of NO, I will applaud them, because there are not enough plasma fires aboard this ship. However, just using NO doesn't really create an interesting round. A bomb would be more interesting, even though those rounds tend to be boring anyway. Also, if someone did have internals on for whatever, reason, they could simply give everyone else internals yet probably a few people, like in EVA, would be missed, therefore leaving them the rest of the round just staring at a black screen.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: May 25, 2011, 09:47:30 am »

You can still succumb if you are in crit
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #1203 on: May 25, 2011, 11:29:02 am »

Well, N2O could be fixed by simply making it more realistic.

Wikipedia says that it inhibits anxiety, reduces pain, and may cause brain damage after a very long time (hours), but never mentions any sort of loss vision or anything.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrous_oxide#Neuropharmacology

So, perhaps if it made a player's health appear (to them) significantly higher, and suppressed other HUD warnings, it would be both more realistic and less likely to cause a bad round. Slightly reduced movement speed might also work well. (Imagine the fun of releasing a poison of some sort and this hypothetical new version of N2O at the same time. People don't see that they are losing health (unless they use a medical scanner, I guess), but they are, making it easier but far from easy for the traitor)

Now, if it is already serving as gameplay rather than realism, perhaps a combination would work, so that as the dosage increases, there are greater effects, but it takes a very high dosage to completely knock out a player, high enough that it couldn't be distributed through atmospherics alone and reach such levels.
Eh?
Eh!

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #1204 on: May 25, 2011, 11:59:42 am »

Like the Rouge MediBot Army incident...

I am chuckeling just thinking about it.

Please Cajoes, elaberate.

It was a road paved with good intentions, the Captain, in his infinite glory, used a majority of the Station's resources (And it was the turtle-station design at the time) to create a small personal army of medical assistance droids, to cover any medical emergency.

Naturally, the traitor used his Syndicate Licence (cryptograph) card to subtly alter the crude AIs into administering lethal shots rather than medications (difference being in dosage, I imagine).

He then spilled some plasma on all decks, not much, but sufficent for a majority of the station to contract toxin related injuries, which triggered the Rogue army's sensors and intense desire to 'help'.

After two or three casualties, the rest of the station personell barricaded themselves within the medical and research wings trying to think of a plan to bypass the horde or well intentioned but murderous robots in the hallway outside. Slowly chipping through them with hit and run attacks. Leaving the traitor free to finish his objectives and call for the evacuation shuttle.

There was a lot of anger that evening.
Quote from: Roman Proverb
Do not argue against the sun. For it is a lot brighter than you are.

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: May 25, 2011, 01:17:29 pm »

Quote from: Cajoes
The Rouge MediBot Army incident...
See, that's the reason I miss playing this game. I haven't touched it in about a year though, what all has changed?

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: May 25, 2011, 06:56:16 pm »

We've gotten at least two whole new jobs with new systems, in addition to piloting which comes with a new mode, and nuke mode was finally made functional.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: May 26, 2011, 04:19:02 am »

Do security officers still suffer out-of-game punishment for in-character decisions?
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

IHateOutside

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire safety is for wimps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: May 26, 2011, 10:15:24 am »

If you mean that traitors whine like hell when they are caught, yes that still happens quite a lot.  ::)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: May 26, 2011, 03:57:33 pm »

[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

WhenInRome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: May 27, 2011, 10:56:26 pm »

BREAKING NEWS: The clown has been removed from goon servers!

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: May 27, 2011, 11:10:57 pm »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: May 28, 2011, 11:25:49 am »

Just a thought since I hopped onto Baystation today just to see what it's like. I normally play Goon servers.

Is there any way you guys could reduce the lag from atmospherics? Goon Station did something with their atmospheric coding that involved removing vents and such, and it got rid of almost all lag. Explosions on Baystation however, remind me of Donut Station, where a meteor impacting the hull will lag the game for a good 30-45 seconds.

Yeah, just a thought since I have no Baystation experience and am spoiled by the goon servers.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #1213 on: May 28, 2011, 11:37:17 am »

I think I recall hearing that what they did was basically remove the atmospherics system entirely, and replace it with something incredibly simple. Though there is probably plenty of room for optimizing the current BS12 system...
Eh?
Eh!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: May 28, 2011, 03:44:55 pm »

The good part about SS13 was "who could kill the most creatively". Taking out atmos really hampered that.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 166