Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 166

Author Topic: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*  (Read 311198 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*
« Reply #675 on: July 31, 2010, 05:40:54 pm »

On baystation, chems are pretty close to useless. The only thing that is semi-useful any time is mutagen.
And even that is largely luck. Oh yeah, and space-lube.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: July 31, 2010, 05:42:01 pm »

What exactly DID they do to nerf it anyways?

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: July 31, 2010, 05:46:15 pm »

Acid can hardly hurt people. Pacid does very small damage as well. (Went from killing machine to punch strength + deformed face.)

Hmm, I think mutagen changes a lot less too, but not sure bout that.

Also, why not tell everyone? If you aren't allowed to 'mess around with chemistry', you aren't able to learn anything about chemistry. So the only option is to know about everything before becoming a chemist.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Talfryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: July 31, 2010, 07:46:43 pm »

Two 25 acid pills = dead Talfryn, but it did take a minute to kick in...

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #679 on: July 31, 2010, 07:48:43 pm »

Finally just joined a game for the first time in a very long time. Surprisingly still an admin. Got to know the other admin, and learned of the lack of noclip. Also, apparently the "stealth" verb for admin client key disguising failed because the who list neglected to add a (NA) that it added to the rest.

So, to get back into coding, I fixed that and am adding an admin invisibility verb, that goes beyond the mere invisibility of observers and cloaked people. Just finisging the verb itself and then everything should be finished.

Finally, sometimed the chaplain can see ghosts. However, that looks like it disappears the first time a genetic update occurs. I reccomend changing it to a mutation that allows viewing ghosts, so that it correctly updates itself throughout the game. It would also add RP possibilities, if the genetics lab believes that the chaplain has a mutation that lets them see ghosts and can isolate the gene.
Eh?
Eh!

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: July 31, 2010, 08:00:39 pm »

Awesome to see you coding again, Qwerty, and glad to see you already fixed something. =P

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: July 31, 2010, 08:17:55 pm »

I might get banned for posting them somewhere they cant take it down. They seem to belive that its practically giving all thw trolls a throwaway account, a hand tele, and ten 8000 degree bombs.

...OK fine! DONT GRIEF THIS!   (assuming you can FIND anything griefable)

This is partially copied from some old guide I found on another fourum with time, effort, and Google-fu. I updated it with the released Goon code.

OK. I will give the MEDICINAL ones first.

+MEDICAL MIXTURES+
+Alkysine+ (Heals brain damage): Add ingredients to a container: Chlorine + Nitrogen + Anti-Toxins.

+Arithrazine+ (treats high radiation poisoning, some TOX healing, does some BRUTE damage): Add ingredients to a container: Hyronalin + Hydrogen.

+Bicaridine+ (Heals BRUTE damage): Add ingredients to a container: INAPROVALINE+ Carbon

+Cryoxadone+ (Heals frozen people): Add ingredients to a container: Dexalin + Water + Oxygen

+Dexalin+ (treats oxygen deprivation): Add ingredients to a container: Plasma + Oxygen.

+Dexalin Plus+ (treats oxygen deprivation instantly and perfectly): Add ingredients to a container: Dexalin + Carbon + Iron.

+Hyronalin+ (treats radiation poisoning): Add ingredients to a container: Radium + Anti-Toxins.

+Kelotane+ (treats burn damage): Add ingredients to a container: Silicon + Carbon.

+Leporazine+ (stabilizes body temperature): Add ingredients to a container: Silicon + Plasma.

+Ryetalyn+ (cures genetic defects [Including superpowers?]): Add ingredients to a container: Radium + Carbon + Hydrogen + Anti-Toxin.

+Spaceacillin+ (Cures viral diseases!): Add ingredients to a container: Cryptobiolin + Inaprovaline.

+Synaptizine+ (Heals paralysis, stunning, and wekaning): Add ingredients to a container: Sugar + Lithium + Water.

+Tricordrazine+ (heals everything superbly): Add ingredients to a container: Anti-Toxins + Inaprovaline.

Next I will give the UTILITY mixtures:

UTILITY MIXTURES
Ammonia (a fertilizer): Add ingredients to a container: 3Hydrogen + 1Nitrogen.
Bilk (milk and beer mixed): Add ingredients to a container: Milk + Beer.

Diethylamine (a better fertilizer): Add ingredients to a container: Ammonia + Ethanol

Hyperzine (increases strength temporarily [does this work?] twitch/shiver/rapidblink): Add ingredients to a container: Sugar + Phosphorous + Sulfur

Silicate (Doubles window HP, changes colour slightly): Add ingredients to a container: Silicon + Oxygen + Aluminium

Smoke Powder (used in a smoke grenade): Add ingredients to container: Potassium + Sugar + Phosphorous

Thermite (can be applied to things and then used with a welding tool to melt them): Add ingredients to a container: Oxygen + Iron + Aluminium

Space Cleaner (cleans blood): Add ingredients to container: Ammonia + Water

Here comes the part I may be banned for, so I will insert my reasoning after each one.

!!DANGEROUS/ILLEGAL/CLASSIFIED MIXTURES!!!!Cryptobiolin!! (causes CONFUSION and DIZZYness): Add ingredients to a container: Potassium + Oxygen + Sugar.
Only temporary effects, not debilitating.

!!Cyanide!! (Deadly poison; COMMENTED OUT?): Add ingredients to a container: Hydrogen + Carbon +Nitrogen
NON-FUNCTIONAL. Even traitors cant get the pills anymore.

!!Flash Powder!! (used in a flashbang): Add ingredients to container: Aluminium + Potassium + Sulfur.
Good for making expensive, unwieldly flashbangs or stunning yourself.

!!Fluorosurfactant!! (Slippery. Delivers chemical agents.): Add ingredients to a container: 2Carbon + 2Fluorine + 1Sulphuric Acid.
ACTIVATES WHEN IN CONTACT WITH WATER
It makes foam. Oooh, scarry. Slippery but otherwise harmless without other chemicals.

!!Foaming Agent!! (Turns Iron and Alluminum into weak walls): Add ingredients to a container: Lithium + Hydrogen.
ACTIVATES WHEN IN CONTACT WITH IRON OR ALLUMINUM
This is only in this catagory because it is useless without Polytrinic acid.

!!Impedrezene!! (impedes movement [-JITTERS], +DROWSY, stupidity, drooling): Add ingredients to a container: Mercury + Oxygen + Sugar.
Umm... isnt this just sleeptoxins that cause brain damage in large doses? Possibly griefable, but Alkysine will fix them right up.

!!Iron foam!! (stronger Metal foam): Add ingredients to a container: 1Foaming Agent + 3Iron + 1Polytrinic acid.
Uses a controled substance in its manufacture, but has saved countless lives in Meteor rounds.

!!Lexorin!! (does Brute damage): Add ingredients to a container: Plasma +Hydrogen + NitrogenA poison. Chlorine and Flourine are poisonous too, and come right out of the dispenser.

!!LSD!! (makes you see trippy things): Add ingredients to a container: Space Fungus + DiethylamineDrugs. Uses an ingredient not found in BS12. Does this cause the fable hallucinatory attackers?

!!Metal foam!! Add ingredients to a container: 1Foaming Agent + 3Aluminium + 1Polytrinic acid.Lifesaver against hull breaches. Easier to break through than Iron foam. Both dry slowly and can be wrecked with bare hands.

!!Napalm!! (basically liquid fire)[broken]: Add ingredients to container: Aluminium + Plasma + Sulphuric Acid.
Currently broken, I've heared it actually makes an area COLDER now. At any rate, rather useless.

!!Polytrinic Acid!! (Like ACID but hurts through helmets and masks): Add ingredients to a container: Sulphuric Acid + Chlorine + Potassium.
Supposed to be a leathal, metal-melting chemical used to make metal/iron foam. After the nerf, I'm told it just melts masks/hats/faces.

!!Space Drugs!! (Random walk, twitch/moan/drool/giggle. Increases a "druggie" var): Add ingredients to container: Mercury + Sugar + Lithium.
Drugs. Causes a cool rainbow overlay and makes your character wanter and emote. Ranges from annoying to fun depending on the severity of other dangers to your person.

!!Space Lube!! (causes people to slip even if they're walking): Add ingredients to a container: Silicon + Oxygen + Water.
Long-lasting, invisible slippery floors. Even walking people fly to the end, go prone, and hit thier heads. Griefable, but not round-destroying unless severely spammed.

!!Unstable Mutagen!! (Mutates appearence, 98% bad mutation 2% good): Add ingredients to a container: Radium + Phospherous + Chlorine.
Can, and will, cause permanent disabilities. Last time I tried it (post-nerf) it was... tame. Though it was in a designer drug and I don't know the dosage. Now small doses might be good for rerolling superpower activation without making drastic changes

Thats it. By the way, does anyone know if Ryetalyn removes superpowers too?

Bolding is messed up but trying to fix it made it worse.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 08:22:09 pm by Matz05 »

Googolplexed

• Bay Watcher
  • My avatar is of whitespace, Not the firefox logo
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: July 31, 2010, 08:28:20 pm »

Heh.

All the chem stuff was nerfed anyway

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #683 on: July 31, 2010, 08:39:42 pm »

Awesome to see you coding again, Qwerty, and glad to see you already fixed something. =P
Also had to fix git, it was giving me push issues (Turns out I needed to check out the branch I was merging to, and the goons stuff isn't based on the old code, so whatever I had before was insufficient.), but those two changes are added and hopefully work.
Eh?
Eh!

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: July 31, 2010, 08:42:30 pm »

Hey, Qwerty, I found a major bug.  You aren't listed as a coder.

Thank you to Matz for his incredibly poorly formatted list. I am finished for the night.

+MEDICAL MIXTURES+

• Alkysine (Heals BRAIN damage): Add to container: Chlorine + Nitrogen + Anti-Toxins
  • Arithrazine (Heals RADIATION SICKNESS, some TOX healing, inflicts BRUTE damage): Add to container: Hyronalin + Hydrogen
  • Bicaridine (Heals BRUTE damage): Add to container: INAPROVALINE + Carbon
  • Cryoxadone (Heals FREEZE damage): Add to container: Dexalin + Water + Oxygen
  • Dexalin (Heals SUFFOCATION damage): Add to container: Plasma + Oxygen
  • Dexalin Plus (Auto-magically heals SUFFOCATION damage): Add to container: Dexalin + Carbon + Iron
  • Hyronalin (Heals RADIATION SICKNESS): Add to container: Radium + Anti-Toxins
  • Kelotane (Heals BURN damage): Add to container: Silicon + Carbon
  • Leporazine (Stabilizes body temperature): Add to container: Silicon + Plasma
  • Ryetalyn (Cures genetic defects [Including superpowers?]): Add to container: Radium + Carbon + Hydrogen + Anti-Toxin
  • Spaceacillin (Cures VIRAL DISEASES): Add to container: Cryptobiolin + Inaprovaline
  • Synaptizine (Heals PARALYSIS, STUN, and WEAKNESS): Add to container: Sugar + Lithium + Water
  • Tricordrazine (SUPER DRUG AWESOME): Add to container: Anti-Toxins + Inaprovaline

+UTILITY MIXTURES+

• Ammonia (Fertilizer): Add to container: 3 Hydrogen + 1 Nitrogen.
  • Bilk: Add to container: Milk + Beer.
  • Diethylamine (Better Fertilizer): Add to container: Ammonia + Ethanol
  • Hyperzine (Temporary STRENGTH, TWITCH/SHIVER): Add to container: Sugar + Phosphorous + Sulfur
  • Silicate (WINDOW STRENGTHENER): Add to container: Silicon + Oxygen + Aluminium
  • Smoke Powder (Used in the creation of SMOKE GRENADES): Add ingredients to container: Potassium + Sugar + Phosphorous
  • Thermite (Burns through most objects, ignite with welder): Add to container: Oxygen + Iron + Aluminium
  • Space Cleaner (Cleans BLOOD): Add ingredients to container: Ammonia + Water

‼HIGHLY DANGEROUS AND ILLEGAL‼

Please consult with your captain before even thinking of creating any of these mixtures.
They never warned you about any of this at Chemist school...

• Cryptobiolin (Causes CONFUSION and DIZZYNESS): Add to container: Potassium + Oxygen + Sugar
  • Cyanide (Deadly poison, REMOVED): Add to container: Hydrogen + Carbon +Nitrogen
  • Flash Powder (used in creation of FLASHBANGS): Add ingredients to container: Aluminium + Potassium + Sulfur
  • Fluorosurfactant (Creates foam; Slippery; Delivers chemical agents): Add to container: 2 Carbon + 2 Fluorine + Sulphuric Acid
    • NOTE: Activates when in contact with WATER
  • Metal Foam (Use either IRON or ALUMINUM): Add to container: Foaming Agent + 3 METAL + Polytrinic Acid
    • NOTE: Activates when in contact with IRON or ALUMINUM; Useless without POLYTRINIC ACID, a dangerous chemical
  • Impedrezene (impedes movement [-JITTERS], +DROWSY, stupidity, drooling): Add to container: Mercury + Oxygen + Sugar
  • Lexorin (does Brute damage): Add to container: Plasma + Hydrogen + Nitrogen
  • LSD (Hallucinogen): Add to container: Space Fungus + Diethylamine
    • NOTE: Uses an ingredient not found in BS12
  • Napalm (basically liquid fire, BROKEN): Add to container: Aluminium + Plasma + Sulphuric Acid
  • Polytrinic Acid (Like ACID but hurts through helmets and masks): Add to container: Sulphuric Acid + Chlorine + Potassium
  • Space Drugs (Random walk, twitch/moan/drool/giggle. Increases a "druggie" var): Add to container: Mercury + Sugar + Lithium
  • Space Lube (Extremely SLIPPERY, DANGEROUS): Add to container: Silicon + Oxygen + Water
  • Unstable Mutagen (98% bad mutation 2% good): Add to container: Radium + Phospherous + Chlorine
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 09:53:49 pm by zchris13 »
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: July 31, 2010, 09:35:56 pm »

The formatting was better in the file I copy-pasted from. And you seem to be having the same problem I had: formatting stops after a while

EDIT: and Cryoxidone deasnt heal "freeze" damage. It heals EVERYTHING in people with a rediculously low body temp. (in Cryo cell)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 09:38:26 pm by Matz05 »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: July 31, 2010, 09:38:40 pm »

Heh.

All the chem stuff was nerfed anyway
You mean brutally destroyed as something useful for anything other than sealing hull breaches.
A nerf would be decreasing the power to a nice level. Not so game breaking, but not utterly useless.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: July 31, 2010, 09:44:05 pm »

Well, Matz05, I'm not done with it yet.  You can fix any stupid errors I made as to the functionality of the chemicals after I have finished, as long as we both give each other credit.  And credit your source too.

There, mostly done.  If anybody would like to try their hand at a proofread, now is your chance.  I'm going to bed, so don't expect timely responses.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 09:54:49 pm by zchris13 »

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: July 31, 2010, 09:54:11 pm »

I think it was from a megethread on Facepunch, but it was somewhere in the middle of a masive thread and incomplete at that. I have a list of "pure" chemicals with effects too, but its... ugly. I can post it if you want,

Somone should do something with Nanomachines. They are only used for an obscure Easter Egg on the Goon servers. (hint: Make a burger out of a robot head)
I think cyborgs created this way should not be normal, but they are.
Might they should get a "nanomachines" syringe and no laws?

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: July 31, 2010, 09:55:44 pm »

Sounds like normal goon dickery to me, and totally useless, with no redeeming factors.  Ditch it.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 166