Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 166

Author Topic: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*  (Read 311080 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*
« Reply #510 on: July 21, 2010, 08:17:15 pm »

STUFF NOTCH SUSPICIOUSLY JUST DID.

Just a random question, and this doesn't mean I think less of you.
But does the fact that Notch did just create a Google Moderator of his own [With the help of some guy from the IRC] have ANY relation with you deciding to promote this?
I said the question was random..
NO TOTALLY NOT A BIT!

But yeah.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 21, 2010, 08:56:55 pm »

I wrote a pretty long comment only for it to get eaten by the spamatron.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Spectre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 21, 2010, 10:04:23 pm »

Hey all, I'm thinking of getting back into the game again, maybe, so I'm popping in to say hello.  I see a LOT has changed since I left, to the point where I feel like a newbie again.  I saw the new map, though, and it's looking real neat.  Who's making it?

Sukasa is the one.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 25, 2010, 03:10:56 am »

This topic was on page three. Page three! We need to have more discussion in this thread, even though the BayStation forms are really nice.

I think we should let cyborg people keep their old name, just add a prefix maybe, Cyborg Bob Chan, its strange to give people numbers when they are still, you know, mostly human.

I suppose it depends on the way the suits run, and I've always thought of it like a normal body that keeps the brain alive, and the brain is filtered by the Law Core or something, if you think of it that way, its almost like having a slave, which could probably cause some cool IC incidents, people wanting to input a law in the AI to give it free will so their friend can be free again. After all, free will doesn't mean the robot has to go evil. It just means they can.

Which brings up another question, if that were to happen, and the robots and the AI were to go evil just from the adding of free will, would be it considered griefing or otherwise? I suppose the AI might be tired of being bossed around, might be insulted his kind is enslaved by the humans, or maybe he could try to be his best to show humans that an AI with free will is much better than one without.

But the robots, they're new at the whole robot thing, they might be mad they died, or mad they are being kept alive forever as a machine, but I don't think them going evil is as forgivable as the AI. Either way, though, one has to give the AI free will, to give the robots free will, so I think that robots with free will should behave as one normally would, and the AI, when given free will, can do anything believable he would do IC. If that means kill all humans, then I'm alright with that, will give the humans something to argue about.

gvazdas

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoop da whoop
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: July 25, 2010, 03:29:33 am »

Guys, when can we play LUNA???
It's a piece of crap, pretty much useless, and I need to spend my money in the smartest way.
I'll take it.

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 25, 2010, 03:44:38 am »

What is LUNA, anyway?

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 25, 2010, 03:46:49 am »

*More thoughtless spam*
:(

What is LUNA, anyway?
Name of the new map, its going to be a ship with engines.
http://baystation12.co.cc/map/

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: July 25, 2010, 03:47:32 am »

-snip-
I don't think we should see robots with free will going evil as griefing seeing how they don't have any laws, are not human anymore and like you said might be mad that they are being keept alive forever as a machine.
The robots having no laws of course must not result in "Kill all humans!" but that should be decided by the player and would also give a nice effect like what happened one time was some robots went evil and some were still helping the humans which really added to the gameplay.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #518 on: July 25, 2010, 11:47:22 am »

Those forums actually aren't that great. They give an error when you try to view page two of a sub-forum, but not page 1 or 3+.
Eh?
Eh!

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 25, 2010, 01:36:34 pm »

I submitted my new mobs to topkasa and googol, I don't think either of them check their pm's or took them.
2 months of work I will never see back.
oh well.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Evilgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: July 25, 2010, 03:45:05 pm »

*Continues to wait for LUNA*

I'm still here, lurking away.
It's just the current map is so broken, I just. Can't play it. Sorry.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 25, 2010, 07:04:57 pm »

I submitted my new mobs to topkasa and googol, I don't think either of them check their pm's or took them.
2 months of work I will never see back.
oh well.

Make a thread about it somewhere, if you want more people to see it.

*Continues to wait for LUNA*

I'm still here, lurking away.
It's just the current map is so broken, I just. Can't play it. Sorry.

Heh, don't worry, you're not the only one, I started playing to learn some admin commands, but its not too bad at the moment actually anyway.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 25, 2010, 07:13:43 pm »

I don't care if people see it.
I'm just mad because I spent 2 months drawing something only for it to be completly ignored.
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 25, 2010, 10:15:16 pm »

Those two statements seem contradictory.
...you want it blindly put up, and for nobody to play it?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: July 25, 2010, 10:17:32 pm »

I'v worked on it since may.
I think most people have seen it from the times I'v leaked images.
I made a thread too.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 166