Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 166

Author Topic: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*  (Read 310794 times)

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*
« Reply #150 on: June 29, 2010, 10:21:33 am »

With half the station missing, and a wiped banlist, (We couldn't port the banlist from our old stuff to this new goon dev stuff) both admins and players can't expect a serious round, I know, I've been on the server, there is really too little of the station for one. This will get fixed, obviously, with time, two maps are under works, the port map and the new map, and I've never personally mapped with the goon dev, so I don't know if its harder or not, but what I'm saying is, a serious round is *barely* possible on the current, half done map, so everyone should really adjust their expectations for such. The code needs tweaking, you have to remember the goon code was built for the goons, who love their fun crazy style.

The map is half done, the admin stuff has been completely changed, (meaning most of us have to relearn most of the commands again, and get used to the very heavy changes) the old banlist is gone, and the code is heavily geared to a different playstyle most of us are not accustomed to, it's like expecting actors to still be able to act well in freezing cold water.

Long story short, enjoy your half-serious rounds, don't worry too much about the bans, you're not missing much currently, and they can always be removed when the awesome train gets going again.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 29, 2010, 10:49:30 am »

Although the rounds have been REALLY LONG. Maybe that's just cause we always play extended though.
Also, I think there's some form of bug that creates lag as time goes on.
Maybe something to do with a loop or something.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 29, 2010, 10:53:53 am »

The rounds are really long because there aren't many ways to kill people anymore. There's no fire, no explosive decompression, no plasma research to make a bomb, no engine, etc. etc. Personally I agree with Johbson wholeheartedly, and people need to be less concerned with saving lives as it prolongs the round, especially with the ability to save clone data and revive anyone no matter what happened to them.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 29, 2010, 10:57:56 am »

True.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

thobal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 29, 2010, 12:29:04 pm »

without explosives, its impossible to get people to evacuate the station without pointing the finger at yourself...
Signature goes here.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 29, 2010, 12:37:16 pm »

Nah, its fairly easy if you know what your doing.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 29, 2010, 01:44:43 pm »

a power sink would be useful to get station to evacuate. no engine means no staff at batteries, which means it is easy to mess with power.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 29, 2010, 01:49:29 pm »

I THINK the APCs were set to infinite power, but if you were going to use that, just tell an admin and they'll delete em.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 29, 2010, 01:53:56 pm »

yesterday APCs discharged just fine.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 29, 2010, 02:16:09 pm »

yesterday APCs discharged just fine.
What he means is, the APCs have an infinite power source though they do discharge properly. Without an engine all electricity on the station is generated through a magical battery of holding. Power sinks only cause temporary damage, unfortunately.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 29, 2010, 02:22:10 pm »

Wirecutters work very effectively for that purpose.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 29, 2010, 03:44:11 pm »

Attach the powersink right next to the SMES of infinity... powersinks explode after draining X power.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

ReaperSWE

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 29, 2010, 04:08:45 pm »

Server crash? :-/

Halfwing

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 30, 2010, 12:48:49 am »

I think the server crashed again.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 30, 2010, 01:03:57 am »

I have to ask: Why did we take the awesome thing we already had and decide to replace it with an unfinished goondev server with no features?

Maybe those with the sourcecode to the last version of Bay12 that we had before switching should release it?
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 166