Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 166

Author Topic: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*  (Read 311149 times)

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*
« Reply #2085 on: August 25, 2012, 09:08:38 am »

I've personally been hosting a server for a couple weeks, and I wouldn't mind an old baystation code base as well. A lot of people are requesting donut station, and I can't find it anywhere.

I remember a long time ago in a land far far away (before my ban) I nabbed a copy of the code and map before the player base on B12 went hardcore roleplay and frowny faced those like myself. I might be able to dig it up... it's somewhere in a giant tub where I have hard drives of past ages that I never took data off of. Mind you this is the OOOOLD code... before we switched, way before Luna. Think the code of the old station before the doughnut, when atmospherics worked but the code lagged like hell. How "old" are you asking?

EDIT: For clarification, iirc the code base I have has no 3d models.
Does it have zombie mode?

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: August 25, 2012, 02:32:38 pm »

I think I also have a copy of BS12 from when somebody leaked it and the admins started lying their faces off about what the file was.

EDIT: I was one of the people who worked on figuring out what it was, I think it was a file with no extension that was actually a .zip of a git snapshot or something like that.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: August 25, 2012, 09:13:34 pm »

I think I also have a copy of BS12 from when somebody leaked it and the admins started lying their faces off about what the file was.
The BS12 code is open.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: August 25, 2012, 09:56:39 pm »

Yeah, but this was way back before that during the drama. The backups might not go that far.

Certainly felt like a score at the time, probably useless now.

I just have this compulsion to attack anything I see as censorship, lying, or even just being wrong. For that reason I was really incensed when the admins (I forget who it was again) spun some lies about the leak at least twice.

One thing that was said was that there were "at least sixteen confirmed virusses and trojans" (or something similarly rediculous) in the leaked file and it wasn't real anyways (it was a zip of a git snapshot of a bunch of DreamMaker code [obviously a SS13 varient] and resources, including the BS12 map.)

Another line spewed (was it Head who said it?) was that the file was an image of a heavily encrypted archive that would take tens of years to brute-force. It was... yeah. Unencrypted zip, passwordless snapshot.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: August 25, 2012, 10:10:22 pm »

What do I need to know about this game?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: August 25, 2012, 10:21:17 pm »

There are 2d spessmans. Round-based. Things happen.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: August 25, 2012, 10:22:25 pm »

Read the server's respective wiki. You'll be sad if you don't.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: August 25, 2012, 10:31:47 pm »

Everyone is on a space station. Life is dangerous, so you had better look out for each other. Somebody is trying to bring it all crashing down around you. You want to live to see retirement, and getting your job done would be nice too.
There are variations everywhere, but that's the basic theme.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #2093 on: August 26, 2012, 12:27:54 am »

EDIT: For clarification, iirc the code base I have has no 3d models.

... 3D models? In this 2D sprite-based spess simulator? What is this madness you speak?
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: August 26, 2012, 02:05:14 am »

"Rakonas:
There are 2d spessmans. Round-based. Things happen."

Unless its baystation in which case nothing happens.
Ever.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: August 26, 2012, 02:22:58 am »

If only it were actually possible to avoid the ridiculous amount of drama that surrounds this game. Alas.

Ever.
Maybe if you don't try looking.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: August 26, 2012, 02:24:01 am »

"Rakonas:
There are 2d spessmans. Round-based. Things happen."

Ever.
Unless someone tries to make something happen, which usually ends with people shouting GRIFFER

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: August 26, 2012, 03:04:41 am »

Yeah, but this was way back before that during the drama. The backups might not go that far.

Certainly felt like a score at the time, probably useless now.

I just have this compulsion to attack anything I see as censorship, lying, or even just being wrong. For that reason I was really incensed when the admins (I forget who it was again) spun some lies about the leak at least twice.

One thing that was said was that there were "at least sixteen confirmed virusses and trojans" (or something similarly rediculous) in the leaked file and it wasn't real anyways (it was a zip of a git snapshot of a bunch of DreamMaker code [obviously a SS13 varient] and resources, including the BS12 map.)

Another line spewed (was it Head who said it?) was that the file was an image of a heavily encrypted archive that would take tens of years to brute-force. It was... yeah. Unencrypted zip, passwordless snapshot.

Yay, bullshiting

I said something like "I'd advise everyone to scan the file since it was not put up by us and it could include viruses"

Not to mention that hack made me violated ;(

rumors says it was DK2 whatever but i really don't know yet and that is a shame.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: August 26, 2012, 03:30:05 am »

Drama is an extremely common thing. Don't be surprised to find an OOC or a deadchat full of "I CANT BELEEVE THE FAGAT NUKE OPERATAOR GRIFFED ME!!"
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: August 26, 2012, 11:58:59 am »

I was hoping the station that was before Luna was stable in the tg code, but the maps you shared that you said were in tg werent exactly compatible, a lot of incorrect object paths and such. I just wanted to look into copying the engine that station used and use it in a future project since I really liked how simple it was.
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 166