Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 166

Author Topic: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*  (Read 311171 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*
« Reply #2040 on: August 10, 2012, 11:56:08 pm »

Well, that or you could slip on some water and be dead before you got up and got your weapon ready again.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: August 11, 2012, 12:59:12 am »

Or more likely, someone could use DISARM and grab the gun right out of your hands. Also the fact that one misclick fires the gun, learned that the hard way by blowing some poor sod's face off with the barkeep's shotgun when I meant to just check him in the chest with the blunt end. Let it be known that at point blank, beanbag shells WILL fracture skulls and turn faces into unrecognizable pulp.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: August 11, 2012, 01:06:32 am »

I love the bartenders shotgun. I got to lead a revolution with it earlier today.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: August 11, 2012, 01:57:42 am »

Well, that or you could slip on some water and be dead before you got up and got your weapon ready again.
This, the second between thinking to draw your weapon and being able to fire it pales in comparison to the certain death you'll meet if you fall for whatever reason and any criminals are nearby. Not even to begin to go into how anyone could disarm you and pick up your weapon before you realize you're disarmed and have time to react.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: August 11, 2012, 09:06:15 am »

If the shade killed someone after you ordered it not to then it was the shade that deserved to be banned not you

You should post that in For No Reason on TGStations forum

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: August 11, 2012, 08:55:29 pm »

If the shade killed someone after you ordered it not to then it was the shade that deserved to be banned not you

You should post that in For No Reason on TGStations forum

I did.
The admin who banned me was the main viewer of the ban requests, and has a problem I can empathise with which is never admitting wrongess. So I had to wait until some other admin came on and unbanned me with only 2 days left to go anyway.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: August 16, 2012, 07:01:15 am »

This, the second between thinking to draw your weapon and being able to fire it pales in comparison to the certain death you'll meet if you fall for whatever reason and any criminals are nearby. Not even to begin to go into how anyone could disarm you and pick up your weapon before you realize you're disarmed and have time to react.

I've always figured this as the time delay you'd have in real life if somebody tackled you, grabbed your gun, and then shot you in the face. In real life, not many of us would actually be able to scream "URIST MCDISARMER IS AN EVIL TRAITOR SYNDICATE TERRORIST MURDERER" before we were dead, since we'd be surprised and frightened and busy grunting in shock.

You do have to use your imagination with a lot of the combat in SS13, since a lot of it is a bit abstract.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

thobal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: August 18, 2012, 06:13:37 pm »

Speaking of poor play, I once got chewed out by everyone for intervening in the execution of a fellow syndicate by murdering everyone in the room. Good for the goose good for the gander I figured, but the mods disagreed. Said I didn't RP enough.
Signature goes here.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: August 18, 2012, 06:54:22 pm »

Speaking of poor play, I once got chewed out by everyone for intervening in the execution of a fellow syndicate by murdering everyone in the room. Good for the goose good for the gander I figured, but the mods disagreed. Said I didn't RP enough.

It's kind of hard to RP a shootout isn't it?
Admins sure are weird sometimes.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: August 19, 2012, 02:03:31 am »

And that's why I don't want to play on baystation 12 servers.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: August 19, 2012, 02:13:31 am »

Let's be frank here.All the SS13 servers suck.Badmins ,drama and other stuff.
What we need is a server ran by mature admins ,who don't ban on sight without investigating,players who aren't mostly prepubescent douchebags and a overall better code.Because lag is a problem on most if not all the servers i've been on.

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #2051 on: August 19, 2012, 05:45:34 am »

Baystation appears to be the least worst of them all. I keep hearing about people getting banned on the OOC channel, but I'm just happy to roleplay and I've never seen it happen.

I'm beginning to think the lag problems aren't due to the code, but due to BYOND itself. I mean, what exactly does it transfer over the network? It seems to me stuff like athmospherics requires crazy amounts of variables changing all the time, and if BYOND transfers those everytime they change... weeeell, then it's just gonna be complicated.

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: August 19, 2012, 05:47:40 am »

Baystation 12 is a bit too hardcore on RP while the others are far too team deathmatch.
Also while BYOND is a terrible platform i recall there being a period where there wasn't much lag over the /tg/ servers.They somehow screwed that up tho.

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #2053 on: August 19, 2012, 06:48:38 am »

One of the major causes of lag on Baystation is ZAS, our atmos code. It's been greatly optimized from when we were using the oldcode, back on the Luna, but it's still laggy.

But to be frank, BYOND as a whole is lagtacular. The SS13 remake can't come fast enough.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: August 19, 2012, 10:18:43 am »

The lag fix was the removal of the badly optimised forensics port, its since been readded after an overhaul but I remember lag going up after it being recommited.

As for the nuke team shooting out the brig
They're a freaking spec ops team, spec ops teams don't talk with each other nevermind the freaking enemy

Which tardmin chewed you out for that? Was it spaceman?
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 166