Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 166

Author Topic: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*  (Read 311288 times)

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
Re: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*
« Reply #1860 on: January 31, 2012, 01:49:14 am »

Deon:
http://ss13.donglabs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7171

You might want to get in on that, I plan on doing so for sure.
If only I was at all in to pixel art.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: January 31, 2012, 04:18:03 am »

What ever happened to the Luna, or the original Baystation 12? I miss that poor sorry excuse for a station. (FIRE WOO BURN BABY BURN DISCO INFERNO, every round as an engineer)
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: January 31, 2012, 06:56:02 am »

Luna's gone and won't be coming back, since the old BS12 code was the only one to support multiple levels people can move through easily (and it wasn't that good of a map anyway). If by "original Baystation 12" you mean the donut map, then there have been a few tries at remaking that for newer code bases, but none of those have ever been completely afaik.

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #1863 on: January 31, 2012, 10:05:04 am »

Aw but I liked the Luna... It wasn't such a enormous un-navigatable sprawl.
Quote from: Roman Proverb
Do not argue against the sun. For it is a lot brighter than you are.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: January 31, 2012, 11:23:33 am »

It was decided that the LUNA wouldn't be ported because we'd have to port Z-levels, and regardless of how fancy they were they had a lovely penchant for causing lag and bugs regarding atmos, pathfinding, etc etc.

We have a few new maps in the works (Namely Antiqua which I think is a "remake" of the original station, but the main idea is that whatever map we use is easily added to, rather than the LUNA, which ended up a horrible cubic mess of terrible designs.

PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: January 31, 2012, 12:24:57 pm »

Yeah the LUNA was terrible and I hated it. The original was the best, what happened to the code that killed it? I enjoyed running around in a firesuit. There it was easy to pass off as a requirement of the job. (because it really was. if you didn't wear a firesuit and a gas mask you were burned to a crisp rather quickly)

Trying to piece together a history at this point would be rather difficult if you weren't there for the whole thing, I think.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 12:30:48 pm by zchris13 »

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: January 31, 2012, 01:14:43 pm »

I was and it's still fairly hard.

Basically, on the old one that I -think- everyone refers to (It didn't have an engine for ages, and then had a combustion engine that was awesome because FIRE EVERYWHERE AAAAAAAAAAAH), Sukasa started doing the Z-levels thing. That map had like two shafts "under" the station, which were rarely used. Over time he worked on the LUNA, and everyone was bored of the old map so we changed to it.
Then until now we used the LUNA and it became a mess.

The thing is that although some people do have the old old code with the old map, it's not a simple thing to just port it, because all the item paths and stuff have changed loads.

Hopefully we'll have a decent map soon, though. I don't mind the tg one but I'd prefer one that was different just cause we have a few things that are more important to us.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: January 31, 2012, 01:40:20 pm »

now I remember why I don't play on BS12 much....

It's rev round, I am a scientist and get flashed (along with 2 fellow scientists). We build chemsprayers and fill them with acid (not even pacid, just regular sulfuric).

An engineer gets sprayed by one of the other scientists for some reason (not really sure why) and I get caught in the blast, which of course sucks. Oh well, I'll turn it around, I stumble to sickbay and call for help and YAY the CMO comes to help me. I let him go through the process of healing me and when he's not expecting it... I blast him with my chemsprayer!

Oops, it was an admin and he gets all angry and yells at me for killing him with no RP reason... wtf? I'm a rev and he's a head, he's my target! it's like saying syndies have no RP reason to kill their target!

Bam, angry admin perma-jobbans me from basically every scientist position.

Edit: apparenly the admin was mad I didn't give him any warning I was going to kill him. lol....

Edit2: dunno if the other scientist reads these forums or not, but I saw you got jobbanned too -  the chemsprayer thing was my idea and I'm really sorry you got jobbanned because of it. I had absolutely no idea this would happen or I never would have given you one.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 02:07:39 pm by BurnedToast »
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: January 31, 2012, 02:38:11 pm »

now I remember why I don't play on BS12 much....

It's rev round, I am a scientist and get flashed (along with 2 fellow scientists). We build chemsprayers and fill them with acid (not even pacid, just regular sulfuric).

An engineer gets sprayed by one of the other scientists for some reason (not really sure why) and I get caught in the blast, which of course sucks. Oh well, I'll turn it around, I stumble to sickbay and call for help and YAY the CMO comes to help me. I let him go through the process of healing me and when he's not expecting it... I blast him with my chemsprayer!

Oops, it was an admin and he gets all angry and yells at me for killing him with no RP reason... wtf? I'm a rev and he's a head, he's my target! it's like saying syndies have no RP reason to kill their target!

Bam, angry admin perma-jobbans me from basically every scientist position.

Edit: apparenly the admin was mad I didn't give him any warning I was going to kill him. lol....

Edit2: dunno if the other scientist reads these forums or not, but I saw you got jobbanned too -  the chemsprayer thing was my idea and I'm really sorry you got jobbanned because of it. I had absolutely no idea this would happen or I never would have given you one.
This is why I avoid Baystation like the plague. On my first day of playing SS13, I went there and was promptly banned for ic in ooc.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: January 31, 2012, 02:40:30 pm »

Deon:
http://ss13.donglabs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7171

You might want to get in on that, I plan on doing so for sure.
Thank you, I am in.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: January 31, 2012, 02:49:56 pm »

This is not the place to argue about bans. I'm sorry dude, it really sucks. The strangest people get admin on Baystation for some reason. But this is not the place.

Thanks, Apple Master. So who is still around and active?

Spaceman96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: January 31, 2012, 06:13:48 pm »

In fact, that "angry admin" made an unban request FOR you. You in NO way see what's wrong with it and should not be unbanned in my opinion.

The problem was you saw no reason why spraying someone who is healing you with deadly acid is a bit insane. Your job is to take them out of power, not brutally murder them while they help you, if anything you'd have a reason to not kill him because he healed you.

Now take it to the BS12 forums, please.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: January 31, 2012, 06:14:16 pm »

This is not the place to argue about bans. I'm sorry dude, it really sucks. The strangest people get admin on Baystation for some reason. But this is not the place.

Thanks, Apple Master. So who is still around and active?

No worries man.

There's quite a few people I think you'd recognise but we also have new players who are just as awesome, and a few new admins/coders. Pop in for sure if you want.

-----------------------

On another topic: BurnedToast. I'd apprecciate it if you didn't do what many others like to do and greatly exaggerate why you were banned/job banned. We have an appeals forum, and you have a topic already made for you here.
Venting your frustrations not only makes you look bad, but also paints BS12 in a light that is unfair and frankly not true. So yeah. If you actually care about being unbanned, go to the topic I just linked. If you don't I'd love it if you wouldn't go around spreading crap about us.

Cheers!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: January 31, 2012, 07:02:12 pm »

I;m interested in what "take them out of power" means. Is there another way to "defeat" heads in a rev round?

Mangled

• Bay Watcher
  • Sleep is for the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: January 31, 2012, 07:23:05 pm »

Last rev round I was in it only said kill em, may want to update that so folks are aware of their other options.
EDIT: Bollocks, meant to post that over on the SS13 forum.
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 166