Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 166

Author Topic: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*  (Read 311392 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*
« Reply #1680 on: September 27, 2011, 11:51:29 am »

i remember my third round as an assistant

i smashed a reinforced window with a fire extinguisher then started hitting an electrified grille with it

somehow it sparked and set the station on fire

i don't know

Grills are elecrified, to prevent mindless theft. As for the fire. The room next to the window must of had a high enough concentration of oxygen or plasma.

Which gives me an idea. Give the AI the ability to fake alarms, or to keep them from going off.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: September 27, 2011, 11:58:12 am »

i smashed a reinforced window with a fire extinguisher then started hitting an electrified grille with it

i don't know

Grills are elecrified, to prevent mindless theft. As for the fire. The room next to the window must of had a high enough concentration of oxygen or plasma.

Which gives me an idea. Give the AI the ability to fake alarms, or to keep them from going off.
The AI can set off alarms by hand, and can turn them off by hand. If the AI turns an alarm off while the source is still there, it will reactivate.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: September 27, 2011, 12:32:10 pm »

i don't know

The AI can set off alarms by hand, and can turn them off by hand. If the AI turns an alarm off while the source is still there, it will reactivate.
Atmosphere alarms too? And I mean permanantly disable. It's an AI, it should be able to hack a sensor.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: September 27, 2011, 12:48:25 pm »

i don't know

Atmosphere alarms too? And I mean permanantly disable. It's an AI, it should be able to hack a sensor.
There may be a way, but none that I know of. It'd be plain awesome for a traitor AI to do that. Suck everyone out of the ship at a moment's notice? BOOYAH

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: September 27, 2011, 12:58:20 pm »

The AI does need some more ways to fight back. As it is, someone can grab all the tools, a spacesuit, some insulated gloves, and then they are set. Immortal to anything the AI can do and will eventually kill it.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: September 27, 2011, 01:08:34 pm »

The AI does need some more ways to fight back. As it is, someone can grab all the tools, a spacesuit, some insulated gloves, and then they are set. Immortal to anything the AI can do and will eventually kill it.
A smart AI can do some great trickery, such as "Oh hey! A safe spot! I can save O2 by breathing normally here! Oh crap it's CO2."

Electrified, bolted doors with the bolt lights off work as well. It'll take a while for them to find out the problem, and in that time you can fill the next room with plasma and electrify THOSE doors. Insulated gloves ain't fireproof, BIATCHEZ

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: September 27, 2011, 01:10:20 pm »

How do you turn the bolt lights off? I like playing AI and I want all the tips&tricks I can get.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: September 27, 2011, 01:29:29 pm »

A smart AI can do some great trickery, such as "Oh hey! A safe spot! I can save O2 by breathing normally here! Oh crap it's CO2."

Electrified, bolted doors with the bolt lights off work as well. It'll take a while for them to find out the problem, and in that time you can fill the next room with plasma and electrify THOSE doors. Insulated gloves ain't fireproof, BIATCHEZ
1) If there was too much CO2, wouldn't the atmos alarm go off? And couldn't they just turn the oxy tank back on right away? Only thing that can knock someone out that quickly is N2O.

2) This may be on a map that I haven't played yet (I will use aby station 12 as an example), but how do you siphon the gas into a room that quickly? There is only one tank of plasma/N2O in atmos, and even with filtering and pressure set to max, it takes ages. And it's not enough to fill a room to exploding levels.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: September 27, 2011, 01:39:58 pm »

1) If there was too much CO2, wouldn't the atmos alarm go off? And couldn't they just turn the oxy tank back on right away? Only thing that can knock someone out that quickly is N2O.

2) This may be on a map that I haven't played yet (I will use aby station 12 as an example), but how do you siphon the gas into a room that quickly? There is only one tank of plasma/N2O in atmos, and even with filtering and pressure set to max, it takes ages. And it's not enough to fill a room to exploding levels.
1) Flush it with him in it, and it'll take him a while and a large amount of O2 to get out.

2) It takes a while. Be proactive.

How do you turn the bolt lights off? I like playing AI and I want all the tips&tricks I can get.
It's only on Baystation 12. It's there with the electrify, bolt, and open commands on doors.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: September 27, 2011, 01:52:25 pm »

1) Flush it with him in it, and it'll take him a while and a large amount of O2 to get out.

2) It takes a while. Be proactive.

It's only on Baystation 12. It's there with the electrify, bolt, and open commands on doors.

Well by flush it I assume you mean to release it quickly, but you also said it takes time. I have attempted all these things by my self some time ago but it would of literally of taken over an hour for all the gas from that one canister in atmos to reach the room. And there is only one canister, with a manual lock. So I don't see how the AI can make use of this.

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: September 27, 2011, 02:33:27 pm »

The AI can already has the ability to see through walls with perfect clarity, mess with almost every system on the ship and has little better to do than constantly tattle on traitors. The blasted thing is powerful enough as is. Leaving it mildly vulnerable to a competent spacefaring engineer is one of the game's few nods towards the notion of balance in its dealings with the AI.

Keep in mind that I actually favor the removal of the AI role. It's so hard to have a good traitor round with even a semi-competent AI.
... and then it explodes!

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: September 27, 2011, 02:47:01 pm »

The AI can already has the ability to see through walls with perfect clarity, mess with almost every system on the ship and has little better to do than constantly tattle on traitors. The blasted thing is powerful enough as is. Leaving it mildly vulnerable to a competent spacefaring engineer is one of the game's few nods towards the notion of balance in its dealings with the AI.

Keep in mind that I actually favor the removal of the AI role. It's so hard to have a good traitor round with even a semi-competent AI.
We're talking about traitor AI, but I see your point. We're talking about the AI's ability to actually kill people by itself.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: September 27, 2011, 02:48:41 pm »

Well the game already has such overpowered ways to kill people that people have invented whole systems of metagaming, accepted by the community and justified because it is so powerful, in order to handle it (since if you didn't... games wouldn't be fun)

So yeah... the AI can kill people quite effectively to my knowledge on its own.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: September 27, 2011, 02:55:33 pm »

If you're a bad traitor it's hard. Stop running around places you're not supposed to be al the time, and try and distract it better. For example randomly cut the closest camera when it's opening doors for people elsewhere - sure it might notice the cameras are cut, but no-one will know you did it, and it's not like anyone is ever going to bother fixing them. Soon, half the map is blacked out to the AI, and since it's all random places no-one is suspicious about whatever area you really want to get to.

IMO traitor really has it too easy, especially on small servers, and REALLY too easy on BS12 where metagaming is so frowned on it's hard to defend yourself against OOC obvious traitors, but which IC you wouldn't know about. Ai balances that out somewhat, and at least makes the traitor think about what he's going to do instead of running around shooting everyone.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: September 27, 2011, 03:55:31 pm »

I REALLY hate being traitor. It just isn't fun for me :/
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 166