Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 166

Author Topic: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*  (Read 310865 times)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*
« Reply #1605 on: September 21, 2011, 04:01:32 pm »

Or have each Head enter one of the AIs laws (starting with captain, then  hops law and so on).

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: September 21, 2011, 04:32:40 pm »

Or have each Head enter one of the AIs laws (starting with captain, then  hops law and so on).
Traitor captain has declared everyone as nonhuman!

Nonhumans denied entry to AI upload!

Typo found in law, erasing.

No laws detected, AI has freewill!

All rooms are plasma'd and electrified!

AI opens airlocks into space!

Terrorists win are illiterate!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: September 21, 2011, 07:46:08 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hum. I always thought of it more along the lines of

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

With the same line of succession. Especially on baystation where the HoS also can use the ID computer (I think, I don't play there a lot but that is what the wiki says) which makes the HoP a lot less special. At any rate, when I play as the HoS I never order the other heads or directors anyway and play as if they are on the same level as me. I will often defer to the HoP, but not professionally, just because generally I should be watching Sec any and not anything else anyway.

While, the Heads should not really order each other around, each is in charge of his/her own little niche of people. The HoP is in charge of personnel, but doesn't have the scientific knowledge to order specific geneticists and stuff around. (Although perhaps a talk with the HoR to research genetic mutations or something could be alright, I suppose.)

The HoS is above the other heads because security deals with the entire ship, they can order people to step aside and allow a search of the genecist's area, for example. The HoS should under no conditions tell people what to do other than related to security, however.

I think all Heads should be able to alter IDs, because they are all management positions, and therefore can recruit assistants and such...but the HoP should be the one generally in charge of most job assignments, not the HoS. It's the HoP's job to know the different stats related to staff and who needs what people, and such.

The Captain position really could just be eliminated, it serves little purpose besides having lots of fancy access, and the ability to be bossy.

And on the A.I. subject, I think that it should be redefined to 'cannot allow a human to die'..most forms of incapacitation that are available to the A.I. (gasses, electrify doors) will get them banned (or at least yelled at) if it's not a Malfunction round (and IN a malfunction round, people will metagame, inevitably, if they see those as well), even though they don't kill anyone.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: September 21, 2011, 07:50:50 pm »

The Captain is basically what a real captain is anyway, he doesn't do much except make sure everything runs smoothly and gives orders. Since you're on a station, he really can't navigate anything, however.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: September 21, 2011, 08:41:32 pm »

The Captain is basically what a real captain is anyway, he doesn't do much except make sure everything runs smoothly and gives orders. Since you're on a station, he really can't navigate anything, however.
He is the head of heads. If a head is being a dick head then he has the right to fuck him up. Basically his job is to make sure the other heads are not doing nasty shit (See: Toxins doing their job, Shitscurity, Engine bomb, clown with full-access, etc.)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: September 21, 2011, 08:44:26 pm »

Fucking up the heads tends to get me in trouble with Shitcurity (the Goons hate that word, apparently). It seems like no matter what I do, I can rarely convince those jarheads one of the heads is a traitor.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: September 21, 2011, 09:07:36 pm »

Fucking up the heads tends to get me in trouble with Shitcurity (the Goons hate that word, apparently). It seems like no matter what I do, I can rarely convince those jarheads one of the heads is a traitor.
Shitscurity is the correct term for Goonstation authorities.

Anyways, you can vigilante it and report it later. State to the AI that no one can know where you are, because they want to harm you.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: September 21, 2011, 09:43:35 pm »

Hey atleast when I play Shitcurity (rightly named Atleast the HoS isn't pick able "shudders") I don't screw up that bad I atleast try to do the job right.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: September 21, 2011, 09:45:54 pm »

Captain s roughly the Executive Officer, with the Head of Personnel right below him (Vice-XO), the other heads operate below those two on a roughly equal level, but with Security given precedence in the event of lateral disputes.

At least, that's how I've always understood it.
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: September 21, 2011, 10:06:45 pm »

In terms of theoretical usefulness, I put the CE and HoS at the top, RD and HS at bottom. In terms of practical usefulness, I put the HoS and HoP at the top and CE at the bottom.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: September 21, 2011, 11:10:48 pm »

RD is an excellent position for a traitor to be in, IMO.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: September 22, 2011, 12:04:55 am »

RD is an excellent position for a traitor to be in, IMO.
Turn your enemies into epileptic monkeys, make them vomit their own organs, slowly dissolve their hides, and then blow them up.

Yup, I'm a psychopath.  ;D

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: September 22, 2011, 12:06:26 am »

Furthermore, alcohol grenades are a great substitute for beer at parties.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: September 22, 2011, 12:14:10 am »

Back when those explosive implants were prevalent, traitor RD meant instant victory.

"Hey, please come get your death tracker implants."
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: September 22, 2011, 01:10:19 am »

Back when those explosive implants were prevalent, traitor RD meant instant victory.

"Hey, please come get your death tracker implants."

Assuming:

1. your target(s) are heads (limited death alarms = only heads get them usually)

2. your target(s) actually show up to get the implant (seems like 75%+ of people never do)

3. someone else does not grab the kit and start dispensing while you're off in the closet ordering the explosive implant

4. you're willing to spend 6(?) points on the stupid thing instead of all the other great choices you could pick from

It does get mega bonus style points, especially if you blow it up at a good time (like, in the middle of a crowd or something) but it's really not a very practical choice.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 166