Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: RTD Live Action  (Read 1891 times)

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
RTD Live Action
« on: June 24, 2010, 02:03:33 pm »

Yeah, I was thinking of running an RTD on Gametable. I subconciously came up with some Combat Rules as well. And a setting.

Basically, It's Call Of Duty meets Dwarf Fortress, Warhammer and DnD-those sort of games. So, you can play as Dwarves, Kobolds, Vampire Lords ect. I'll try to come up with race bonuses as we go along. The CoD part brings in guns instead of regular weapons. But if you want to use that big axe, I won't prevent you...

If you want to join, just fill in this sheet:

Character Name:
Race:
Weapon:
Description:
Bio:
Time when I can get to Gametable:
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: RTD Live Action
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 05:19:26 am »

Yea looks good

Character name: Vierth
Race: Uldra (Tundra fey)
Weapon: Il take one from SLA cause i dont know many real weapon names, fen 93 Gag, 12 mm rifle (can shoot semi auomatic or single shot, has scope)
Description: About 4 ft, tall for an uldra vierth's skin is a pale blue with eyes shining violet and his shor turft of hair sparcles like fresh snow, he is lean and wirey, he holds his rifle with ease. (im not good at descriptions)
Bio: Vierth left his lands, overcome with wanderlust, using his innate powers to keep from boiling. He eventually jpined a military for "fun" and was soon prooved to be an excelent marksman, he is now wandering again, but keeps his rifle at hand now too, not just his powers
Times: Prety much any reasnoble time, with pre warning unreasonable imes are ok too however GMT+10 saturdaysand mondays are off, because of other comitments, also after 6pm untill 9pm most teusdays and thursdays again gmt+10, this may change once university holidays finish.

Also a warning, my internet connection is a bit tenuous at the moment
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 11:47:55 am »

You can only take one weapon. Regardless, good character. I can host from 4PM till 9PM on Mon to Thu, 6 till 9 on Fri and around 8AM to 9 PM on the weekend. This week, however, I can't host on the weekend and I'm around for the same times on Firday as I am Monday.

Anyway, I'm gonna play a test game a bit later. Just a small Dwarf Vs Elf skirmish.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 04:17:33 pm »

Well, the results of the test battle were interesting. Instead of the ranged front I had imagined, I instead ended up with a mass melee in the middle with bullets being sprayed in on both sides. The elves would have lost if I had played the entire scenario, but I think the problem was the arsenal I gave each side. The dwarves were kitted out with 3 Assault Rifles (2 shots, 3 damage), a Pistol (1 shot, 3 damage and provides another attack in combat), a Rocket Launcher (Fires a + shaped blast that will scatter and deals 5 damage), a Minigun (5 shots, 5 damage) and a Sniper (1 shot, 5 damage, -2 to dodge). The elves got 5 Assault Rifles and 2 Snipers. Although, to be fair, most of the elves died of blood loss.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 06:49:26 pm »

um its 1 weapon i was saying the fen 93 gag is a rifle that shoots 12mm thick bullets and the weekday tuimes lookde pretty good, just tell me what time zone, as i said unreasnoble times are ok as long as i has warning
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2010, 07:29:49 pm »

I will join!

Character Name:Hugehead
Race:Dwarf
Weapon:Blunderbuss (a high powered very close range shotgun)
Description:A dwarf 3 feet tall, very strong with giant muscles a 2 foot long red beard in 5 braids his eyes are a fiery red.
Bio:Once a kings guard he got bored of that beacuse he never saw combat now he is part of a adventuring party with Vierth and _____ seeking out riches.
Time when I can get to Gametable:Most of the time between 8 AM and 9PM all days of the week GMT-7. But please send PM to make sure i am there.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2010, 07:34:11 pm »

Character Name:Org
Race:Human
Weapon:Assassination Blade
Description:A tall, handsome scoundrel, who kills people and doesn't afraid of anything.
Bio:He is an assassin. He kills people. Blarg I hate backstory.
Time when I can get to Gametable:GMT -5, so 7-10

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2010, 07:41:33 pm »

could be very hard to get anymore than 4 on at same time...

@ExKirby what timezone?
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2010, 04:47:55 am »

Oops, my bad. GMT.

wolf, I think your weapon falls under Assault Rifle.

Hugehead, that would be a shotgun, but nice character. We need a  dwarf =)

Org, I'm just gonna call that a knife.

Anyway, could you all post some nice Pog images? and I think, for the first session, we should have 4-5 players. But I can live with three and throw in some teammates.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2010, 04:53:36 am »

its a sorta half assault rifle, more a sniper that can go a slower burst fire, its for snipers that run the risk of having to shoot from the hip

edit: it's magazine holds 10 rounds and it can shoot either 1 or 2 shots per turn (firer's choice), cant remember how long the turns are in that game though

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2010, 05:13:08 am »

Actually, I'm going to Rule 0 you here-it's either an Assault Rifle or a Sniper Rifle, but not both. And... I need an image to use as your Pog.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2010, 05:16:25 am »

ok it was a not so effctive sniper, but i dont wanna be soley sniper, so put it as an assault, il get a scope for it somehow.

Pog hmm, il get an uldra imge and pogify it, coming right up

edit: incoming image

« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 05:30:40 am by wolfchild »

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2010, 06:09:55 am »

Meh, a scope would probably just increase the distance you can shoot without taking any distance penalties.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2010, 09:43:55 am »

ok here my image change it to a disk if you like
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2010, 04:49:32 pm »

Ok, time for a bit of plot.

The three of you are in the same office: Vierth polishing his Rifle, Hugehead playing Dwarf Fortress and Org sitting in a corner looking awesome. Suddenly, the fax machine started printing something, which Org grabbed while remaining in the corner. "Well," Org began, "We got a choice today. Vierth, remaining polishing his rifle, mutters "Go on." "Well, we got some ratmen in the Capital, some-" Org stops mid-sentance, wide-eyed at the following sentance. "Ok, we don't get a choice here." Vierth and Hugehead agree that if a sentance cannot be read by one of the hardest men in the Marines, then they had better let it lie. "Just us three again, then?" Hugehead inquires, closing his game to look at his maps. "Nah, we got some backup on this. Some elf called Elica Heartsworn, and an archangel called Jess Thompson. And we may get more, depends on what happens, really." The trio slide on their armor, equip their Heal Units and grab their weapons. They walk out the door, on their way to Capital.

Org, I need some images. And I'll have stats tomorrow.
Pages: [1] 2