Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Toadwater: Where you can use your poo!  (Read 14036 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Toadwater: Where you can use your poo!
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2010, 06:12:23 pm »

Read the wiki entries on birds.

And OHMGEE WE NEED PIGEONS.

They can be placed on a certain kind of low level tree, where other users can feed it a worm to be teleported to wherever it was created.

Getting the pigeon attracting tree is semi-difficult though.

I have sucky farming skill, so none of my radishes grew. :(
I'm working to buff up my Whittling skill so I can make a Ponderosa idol.
I don't have the first idol yet. Stupid whittling.

Do you have a toilet yet? Get some magazines, eat till your poo is full, then poop in the outhouse with the magazine. Instant skill gain!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2010, 07:06:43 pm »

Man, I played this so much once upon a blue moon...

Crazy simple game play (and game, actually; you could make a similar game in a few days with relatively little programming knowledge) stupid amounts of grind, and yet frustratingly fun. Or am I confusing fun with my naturally competitive nature, and the feeling of accomplishment as I move up a rank of trees?

At any rate, unless the mechanics have changed a lot, the decay on the staff is no issue, I never paid up and played for a long time. I never even felt compelled to pay. In fact, I believe had there been no benefit to paying I would likely have donated a few times, as I did play it quite a lot, but the idea of being 'encouraged' to pay irritated me. Not sure why, because it seems reasonable. Anyway...

My point is, don't let that be the reason you don't give the game a try. It's really a non-issue. Give it a shot, and if you don't enjoy the game play, or the graphics then sure, but it would be a shame to never try just because of that stupid $5 for a stick, thing.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2010, 07:09:50 pm »

Yeah, I wouldn't let that stop you.

Yay, the first level of Idol. Finally!

I sacrifice 89 seeds to Armok the Tree God.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2010, 07:14:25 pm »

Okay, the first person who decides to jump off the cloud, post exactly which square you jumped off of. This way we can all fall to the ground in approximately the same area.

Once you hit the ground, search and find us a large empty area.

But I don't expect I will be leaving Cloud World for a while. Must...get...high level...seeds.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2010, 07:24:11 pm »

Hey! I just saw a message - quinn has failed to whittle a Balsam Fir idol, heh. But what you want to do is plant a whole ton of firs, then whittle an ungodly quantity of planks from all the wood you get to build up your skill. After that, you should have a decent whittling skill.

I just got Poo And You, and my god it is amazing! I have 19 Poo skill now!

My newest Radish crop got me 1 radish, wheeeeee.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2010, 07:29:24 pm »

OMGEE! You are SO FLIPPING AWESOME AT POOING.
I have a whittling magazine right now. I eat lots of fruit and then poo it out. Eventually I'll use the exploded outhouse poo to plant the radishes.

Does tree level 2 grow slower than the first tree?

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2010, 07:31:15 pm »

Yes, the balsam firs grow in 15 minutes but the ponderosa pines take 30. Check the wiki.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2010, 07:32:16 pm »

Gah. I shoulda been growing Fir's then.

Oh well. I need a better axe/shovel anyways.
And I almost have enough sap to wax them.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2010, 07:34:13 pm »

You can't make an axe out of wood, but you can make a shovel which digs twice as much, a tap that gives twice as much sap, planks that sell for tons of money, and an outhouse that holds twice as much poop (though that's kind of pointless).

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2010, 07:35:48 pm »

Yeah, I meant tap.

Also, more poo is actually bad. I get fertilizer less often :P
(Although you do have to make it less often...)

Hmm, is it possible to use other peoples idols? I'm working on a plan for a bay12 farm, but since I haven't had interactions with other players yet, it's hard to say.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2010, 07:57:08 pm »

Well, more poo is pretty useful, I think. I mean, if you want to get fertilizer more often, just go to the outhouse before your poo bar is full, and it's just the same as it was before. But, if you fill your poo bar to capacity, then you don't have to waste time and health walking between the outhouse and healing tree.

I don't think you can use another person's idol.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2010, 08:10:31 pm »

More poo in the outhouse at once, I mean.

The less poo it holds, the faster it explodes so you can harvest the poo from it.

Also, Toadwater forumites say you can use other idols.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2010, 09:42:06 pm »

If you join, post your name and I'll put you in the OP.
Also, please add if you are interested in a Bay12 Base or not.

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2010, 10:39:16 pm »

Also, it appears there's an edict going on right now. Everyone's skills are buffed for free until the edict ends, so go crazy!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2010, 10:46:13 pm »

Ah, that's why the skills were green :)
That was put in place pretty recently...how long does it last?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8