Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Second Station  (Read 4486 times)

westsider_gw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Second Station
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2010, 12:33:01 am »

Right now I'm working on the NanoTransen long range teleportation-center on Earth you start in (equivelant to arrival shuttle) from which you teleport onto the station..

Also, Sukasa, if you want to help model.. theres a software to make it easy called primcomposer you can get if you want.. Never used it myself.
The only time I ever modeled was with Zbrush (and I sucked at it).

http://liferain.com/downloads/primcomposer/

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2010, 01:53:44 am »

So this is in SL eh? Interesting ambition, I wish you lots of luck.

The biggest problem I can see is cheating being even worse due to the fact that you could probably just manipulate the camera in such a way as to see whatever is going on :< A well-scripted HUD attachment script would probably help with that, if it notified everyone of cheaters.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 01:55:25 am by Tilla »

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2010, 02:18:12 am »

I think west said it was SL-like, not SL-based actually :P
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

westsider_gw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2010, 02:24:52 am »

Well, I'm making it from the OpenSimulator engine.. so it actually uses a Second Life viewer..
It was designed as a 'clone' of Second Life, that uses almost the exact resources.

Over the last 5 years or so though, I've mastered SL's LSL scripting language (ported over to OpenSim now and compiles in .NET),
and with the customizeability and the viewer code being OpenSource, it makes a strong platform.

To solve the camera problem, I'm thinking of either 1.) Camera controls in the HUD for 3rd person..
or 2.) Modifying the viewer code so its ONLY in 1st person. No camera control other than that of an FPS.

Still though, despite appearance, its pretty different in code and function from Second Life.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2010, 03:43:06 am »

Second life is evil, too many resources.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

westsider_gw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2010, 03:53:21 am »

It 'can' be evil.
But regardless this isnt second life.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2010, 03:56:29 am »

Im hoping to get it operational soon..
We've got a little team together so hopefully things will speed up. I just made that little scene today after finishing getting the networking BS
working (MySQL + PHP has to be the most evil thing ever).

I'm currently testing the server stability by running it for extended periods of time in local mode.

Well. if you need help with MySQL & PHP gimme a ring.

Looks sweet.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

westsider_gw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2010, 04:07:53 am »

Well. if you need help with MySQL & PHP gimme a ring.

I got it all setup now, but thanks anyway.
The shell of the stations taking form now :D

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2010, 08:19:49 am »

This is interesting, don't stop.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Evilgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2010, 04:54:30 pm »

Ohh wow, I request more!
Keep up the great work.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2010, 07:28:28 pm »

I'd help but I can't texture or model.
 :(
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2010, 07:45:21 pm »

Well then, that addressed my concerns quite well actually :D Excited to see it, if you need a tester I know my way around a sim and have tinkered with OpenGrid stuff before

bgfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2010, 09:56:59 pm »

I'll get to work on the rest of the models on the list you gave me as soon as I get back from my 2 week vacation that I'm going on tomorrow.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2010, 10:50:02 pm »

I'm learning to make electronic music / use studios etc..I was thinking on making a chillout, 'space themed' song..
It may take a while because I have a LOT to learn, but I'll send you a link if I make it someday, if you ever think in putting some background music...
:D
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

westsider_gw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2010, 09:09:46 am »

Its currently got some streaming .m3u playlist I found on some random internet radio station titled, "Space Ambiance"..
But if you make something and it fits the theme I'd be glad to throw it in :)

Oh also:
if you need a tester I know my way around a sim and have tinkered with OpenGrid stuff before

I'll be sure to let you know when its test-able. Right now theres not much there yet.
Pages: 1 [2] 3