Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Have a Cigar, Me  (Read 8518 times)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
Re: Have a Cigar, Me
« Reply #105 on: July 13, 2010, 07:20:47 am »

*wipes away a tear*

That was beautiful. Mine just goes "ME HULK ME SMASH KEYBOARD".

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 13, 2010, 08:19:33 am »

AND LO, THEY SHALL CALL HIM HENRY MITCHEL REID

Henry Reid is a solid name, but you could have sprung for Henrich.

7 pounds 9 ounces, 20 inches, black straight hair

Pretty big baby, and born with hair no less.  He just might be a conqueror in the making.
I was 8lb 7oz, and I had hair.
Am I a conqueror? Or was I just a big fat baby.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 13, 2010, 02:17:40 pm »

You were, and still are, a big fat baby.

(Subscript for joshing)
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 13, 2010, 02:28:29 pm »

The world record for highest birth weight is about 24lb, if memory serves.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 13, 2010, 02:39:33 pm »

I was 11lb. First words I ever heard on this planet were "Shit! He's huge!"

This probably had no effect on me.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 13, 2010, 03:07:39 pm »

I was exactly 5 milligrams. I matured to my current state instantly when I devoured my doctor and remade my flesh construct.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #111 on: July 13, 2010, 03:55:44 pm »

-0.03925 lbs; upon being exposed to air without my protective magnetic field, I detonated, vaporizing most of the city. Luckily I recoalesed in my current, conventional-matter form.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 13, 2010, 05:07:31 pm »

Yeah that's great.

Henry came back from his routine check-up and is now 8 lbs 10 oz. He has added about as much mass than as a can of coke.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 07:33:57 pm by Nikov »
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 13, 2010, 05:23:56 pm »

His cellular mass is increacing exponentially! He'll have consumed the whole universe by age 4! Or perhaps I'm an alarmist. You won't know untill it is too late.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 13, 2010, 07:33:22 pm »

People who apply doubling rates to human populations annoy me. I bet when they first discovered irrigation and had a population boom, some astrologer in a silly hat was screaming, "We'll have a hundred million citizens in two centuries! We'll all surely starve!" Then they went around slaughtering all the firstborn sons, who grew up, invented polygamy, and immediately crushed their economy with countless unsustainable dependants per household.

Imaginary scenarios like that are why I don't beleive in the enviromentalist cult.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 13, 2010, 07:37:05 pm »

Well, a civilization that had just discovered irrigation might very well starve with a hundred million people. But that isn't the point. Still, population growth isn't much of a problem. Once our population equals Earth's support capacity, it'll stablize.
No Gods, No Masters.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 13, 2010, 07:45:43 pm »

It will never hit a support capacity. Earth has no "carrying capacity" of human beings. This is a myth spread by people who don't understand that humans are not animals.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 13, 2010, 07:50:43 pm »

It will never hit a support capacity. Earth has no "carrying capacity" of human beings. This is a myth spread by people who don't understand that humans are not animals.

Humans are indeed of the Kingdom Animalia, and thus animals. Earth's resources can only support so many people. We can increase this by farming land and such, but also lessen it by consuming limited resorces. There will come a point where the number of people on Earth will see zero population growth.
No Gods, No Masters.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 13, 2010, 07:59:29 pm »

I find it weird that you think infinite people can live on Earth. There isn't enough matter in the universe to make infinite people.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 13, 2010, 08:01:22 pm »

Or, the more likely scenario, that some element of the environment crashes out, followed by massive die-back.  Humans do seem remarkably resilient to that cycle.  I've never understood how places like Ethiopia can see population growth during mass starvation.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10