Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Have a Cigar, Me  (Read 8547 times)

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Have a Cigar, Me
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2010, 09:01:01 am »

Congratulations, Nikov! Henry is a pretty solid name, and nothing's stopping him from being a Heinrich if he wants to be.

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2010, 10:09:55 am »

Congratulations! Be sure to introduce him to Dwarf Fortress early or he will become too mainstream!
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2010, 10:53:43 am »

Why, when I was born I smacked the cigar out of my dad's mouth, grabbed it while it was flying through the air, and burned it to ash in one hit.

Congratulations on a healthy baby.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

AtomicPaperclip

• Bay Watcher
  • Who names their kid dagger anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2010, 01:15:54 pm »

Have you been reading the Koran recently?
Dear Toady: Keep up the good work man, we appreciate you and the game beyond words.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2010, 03:17:55 pm »

If you're talking to me, no, I've never read it. That does sound like something religion would find abhorrently mystical though. I just thought it was funny to exaggerate my comparative bad-assness by claiming to have done things babies couldn't possibly have done. Also I really do respect my father, I just threw that in there for the ridiculous factor.

Anyone know what the correct grammar for bad-assness is? Maybe Badassery? Badassitude?

I think Nikov should give his kid the middle name of whatever the correct form is.

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2010, 04:21:10 pm »

Congratulations! Be sure to introduce him to Dwarf Fortress early or he will become too mainstream! socially competent!

Heh. Kidding, of course.

Congratulations, Nikov! I'm happy for you!

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2010, 04:22:52 pm »

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2010, 04:33:08 pm »

Badassery
This one, I believe.
If you put emphasis on the BA- dassery it sounds pretty cool if you say it right. Like "Bah-dassery"
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 04:35:27 pm by Duuvian »

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2010, 07:42:55 pm »

He was delivered Caesarian since my daughter broke her collarbone being born and they very nearly had to take the mother into the OR because she was pinching her umbilical cord and thus her blood flow. Seriously nervewracking stuff, having a baby who doesn't breath when born and has to go immediately to an oxygen tent.

So since last time the fear was that the child wouldn't survive, this time my fear was that my wife wouldn't survive. And guess what I read in the pre-op waiting room?

The Book of Job, which oddly enough made me stop worrying and just have faith. Thank you, Gideons.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2010, 08:24:06 pm »

He was delivered Caesarian since my daughter broke her collarbone being born and they very nearly had to take the mother into the OR because she was pinching her umbilical cord and thus her blood flow. Seriously nervewracking stuff, having a baby who doesn't breath when born and has to go immediately to an oxygen tent..

How the heck does that happen? The breaking the collarbone part I mean. I find it hard to believe that your wifes uterine contractions were THAT strong.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2010, 11:34:41 pm »

Jesus, really? Good to hear it all came out okay.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2010, 11:35:13 pm »

I grabbed onto my mom's uterus and yanked it out when I was born.

I wasn't going to let some jackass ride my coattails and take resources away from me.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2010, 11:59:48 pm »

How the heck does that happen? The breaking the collarbone part I mean. I find it hard to believe that your wifes uterine contractions were THAT strong.

The bones of a baby are very weak to begin with, and the collarbone is easier to break than most bones. Between a panicing mother, a baby in frantic throws, a few doctors, and uterine contractions it isn't that far feched at all. Human birth is very, very dangerous compared to the other great apes.

Still, good that worked out alright in the end. How many Spawn of Nikov are there total, anyway?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2010, 12:33:07 am »

Sounds like this is his second kid.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2010, 04:22:51 am »

Nikov, a question that just came to me.  You said this on Father's Day -

My wife served me pancakes in bed, let me sleep in until noon, and after a few hours alone in the house playing Company of Heroes I got to "celebrate how you became a father". Afterwards I don't even have to make the bed or a second pot of coffee.

Do you really mean to say that a woman a few days away from giving birth served you breakfast in bed, did all your chores, and "celebrated how you became a father"?  It's not inconceivable, but is pretty extraordinary.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10