Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: Through Hell: Hell world RTD, Turn 4, Malignant Molding Madness!  (Read 8818 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Through Hell: Hell world RTD, Turn 3, Are you having Fun yet?
« Reply #90 on: June 26, 2010, 07:54:54 pm »

Decide that direcing them were to go will do, as i can't risk my beast waking up now that we have a source of food, centre my thoughts and try to bind the beast fully once more
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Nevyn134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 26, 2010, 08:11:03 pm »

*sitting up, removing the bandages and patches that are now covering fresh, healthy skin. Looking around before I stand up, finding myself in a makeshift camp, where most of the other survivors have gathered. I can see the ship that I fought the octopus in a ways down the beach, looking around for Jessup, needing to get his axe before I go back there, then remembering I will also need some glass vials for what I hope to be able to do*

action 1: looking for Jessup. Action 2: seeing if I can find any glass vials, or see if the ones I carry are still intact.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 26, 2010, 08:17:27 pm »

Wolfchild:

(Roll: 3)

Once again, you find a secluded area, though this time closer to the camp, and meditate. You release the boundaries of the mind and immediately form them once again as your mind is assailed by a maddening amount of information. You furrow your brow, then remember the tingling in your spine, which you've learned to block out. You try to focus on this once again, though you've never been trained to focus on one particular thing very hard, rather to focus more on the whole. It is difficult, but you manage to sense once again the chaos of this land's ambient energies. As you follow this energy flowing through your body, you notice a connection you had never until now realized was there. You had seen it, but you always passed over it, thinking it trivial. But now that the energies flowing down this pathway within you were stronger, you realize it's significance. It appears to be the beast's source of power, like another soul within you but feeding from an ambient energy flow instead of the soul's infinite wells. You attempt to block it off, though the power flowing through it acts bizarrely, and you cannot close it fully. You can, however, block it partially, which you decide may be useful later.

Nevyn:

(Roll: 1)

You search and search but cannot find Jessup. Oh well.

(Roll: 5)

You head over to the ship you arrived on and sort through your extensive collection of trinkets and other belongings. You're in luck, almost all of the glass vials remained intact, which is ironic since they're the one thing most susceptible to breaking in your collection.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 08:21:30 pm by abculatter_2 »
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 26, 2010, 08:46:21 pm »

Well that's good enough for now, maby if i choke it il at least mantain controll, i can figure out the rest later, for now i need to go report to whomever is in charge

Report to whoever is in charge, inform them about the hunt, and about my condition and what i have been doing to conroll it, also if anyone is willing, wnter a sparing match to practice my use of the spear
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Nevyn134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 26, 2010, 09:01:48 pm »

OOC: well, that is all my turn three actions

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 26, 2010, 10:29:43 pm »

Gather up the horses, head back to my men, pick out 3 others to help scout, and pack provisions/necessities for a day or two scouting venture.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Nevyn134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 26, 2010, 10:31:57 pm »

OOC: Hey Frelok, if you can give me a few more actions I might come out on the scouting trip with you... just need to see if I can collect any of that acid, check on the water filtration system, then I will come join you, I can do all that next turn.....

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 26, 2010, 10:36:37 pm »

((Alright, I can spend the time packing and looking after my men, I think.))
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Nevyn134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 26, 2010, 10:37:12 pm »

(ok)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 27, 2010, 04:38:50 pm »

oh crap oh crap oh crap oh cra...

Okay, lets force back whatever creatures are close, then form a defensive circle, every man with his back to the other. Men with long weapons like spears and pikes in front, with short range weapons like axes and swords gaurding their flanks-those with bows standing behind, holding fire until I give the order. Tell my men that anyone who tries to run or shoots out of turn will be killed on the spot for cowardice, and that only by working together do we have a chance. We hold position until we know exactly what is attacking us.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 27, 2010, 05:08:23 pm »

Go towards any noise of fighting
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 27, 2010, 06:09:32 pm »

Well that's good enough for now, maby if i choke it il at least mantain controll, i can figure out the rest later, for now i need to go report to whomever is in charge

Report to whoever is in charge, inform them about the hunt, and about my condition and what i have been doing to conroll it, also if anyone is willing, wnter a sparing match to practice my use of the spear

this is to remind you of the action

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 27, 2010, 09:54:56 pm »

this is to remind you of the action

Oi, you bedda watch dat pretty mouff o' yors!

(Yeah, I took a break from this for a day or two. I'll do your actions now)

Wolfdchild:

(Roll: 2)

You head back to the crude grouping of groups of people which has begun to be called 'camp.' It doesn't take you long to find the 'command tent' (a flagpole stuck into the ground somewhere near the camp's center) and inform the officer-turned-commander of your condition. Unfortunately, his first wife, his second and third sons, and his first (and only) daughter were all killed by a single werewolf which had plagued their village for years. The encounter ends with you being run out of camp by him and nearly dying when a giant mouth erupts from the ground and almost swallows you whole. You decide it best not to mention your ailment to anyone else.

You then turn to a soldier counting a crate's contents and tell him of the kill and how to find it. He nods at you and says that he'll inform the commander after sending a few men out.

Frelock:

You reign up the horses and walk them over to your men, though they often stop to huff and stamp their foot nervously at some unknown cue. When you reach them, you pick three of your most trust worth surviving men (or, in other words, you pick randomly from those still on their feet) and give them a brief briefing and though they are not afraid to show their displeasure at this assignment, they agree to follow their orders.

After a heated argument with a stingy-looking man counting crates of food, he finally relents to give you a few chunks of meat from an unknown animal some hunter had managed to either kill or find dead somewhere, which seems to squirm rather sickeningly whenever it's touched. He flat-out refuses to give you any of the precious little water they have, though you manage to steal three full waterskins while he isn't looking.

Dwarmin:

You freeze in fear, and as you slowly turn your head left you feel a cold, hard, thumb-less hand fall on your right shoulder and the black, eyeless skull of some large predator creep over your left, inches from your face. You manage to maintain enough presence of mind to bring your crossbow, which you've been clutching like a baby since you left the camp, up to its face and fire a bolt into its skull almost at point-blank range. The bolt bounces off, thankfully away from you, but it startles the creature enough that it recoils away, releasing its hand from your shoulder. You run straight into the crowd of men drawing their swords, who quickly step aside, and shout, "PHALANX FORMA-" but before you can finish the creature, in a display of almost mind-boggling speed, has torn into your ranks and proceeds to tear right through the armor of two men and cut them to ribbons. The others hack at it with mixed success, it appears to take no notice of the attacks and thus does not retaliate, but also appears to be much less significantly affected by blows which would kill any other creature. The black, armor-like plates which dot its body also do not help. In the time it takes you to load another bolt, the thing has reduced its first two victims to an explosion of blood, gore, shredded metal and cloth spreading over twelve feet from where they once stood and has already chosen a new target, which screams that horrid cry of one about to taste death oh so very painfully as it tears into his flesh with unnatural ease.

Ochita:

You hear no fighting occurring.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 10:04:39 pm by abculatter_2 »
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 27, 2010, 10:14:01 pm »

Well, this was a bad idea. Okay...duck, duck, parry...ow, my arm...dodge...armor has to be weak at the joints right? How else could he be so fast? Here goes nothing...

I shout to my remaining men to encircle the beast and start jabbing at him *between* his armor plates, at hopefully vulnerable joints. I reload my crossbow and aim for an unarmored leg joint. FIGHT ON TO DEATH AND GLORY!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 27, 2010, 10:16:00 pm »

let me know when its turn 4
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11